Monday, December 7, 2009

Seasons of Weddings...






Some that read this blog are not Mothers, but are a Mother's child. Some that read this blog are Mothers of grown children. Some are Mothers of teens, young children, toddlers or babies. Whatever age child you or your child may be what a Mother's heart wishes most for a child is health and happiness and love in their life.

I am a very fortunate Mother. My sons have married strong, beautiful and talented women who bring love to their lives. Having been on the marriage plan a while, I know that not every day will they be thrilled with my sons. Say what?!!!

Nah, it's not a shock. But I know that these women have the right stuff, the sticking gene, whatever you want to call it. The knowledge that life is not always a ride on a merry-go-round. Most often it is a ride on the world's biggest roller coaster; hills and valleys. I believe these young married couples have what it takes to work through the valleys. They shine at enjoying the peaks!

I know I wouldn't want to see them go through life with anyone other than each other. They are each others touch stone. They ground each other in love; each others soft place to land. I am witness to that.

So yes, we had our last two sons marry this year. Each season of weddings brought happiness and joy and love that strengthens our family circle.

Thank you ladies...all my love and gratitude.


1 comment:

Erin H. said...

I feel so blessed and fortunate to have married Scott and to be part of such an amazing and loving family! Love you!