Monday, January 4, 2010

The Great LSU vs Penn State Throwdown




My husband and I are avid LSU fans. Having gone to many games in Tiger Stadium in our college days, we remain staunch Tigers. I was proposed to on the golf course outside Tiger Stadium after a home game. That isn't part of this story...just a personal aside.


One of our sons married into a family that is as rabid about Penn State as we are about LSU. I will state in full disclosure...with knowledge of aforementioned Penn State loyalty, we welcomed the marriage.


For the bowl season this year, who would have ever believed that LSU would be playing against Penn State for the Capitol One Bowl? Once I heard the news, I thought it would be fun to have a throwdown between the two families. The winning team would have an ornament displayed on the front of their Christmas tree for the 2010 holiday season and place the losing team's ornament on the back of the tree.


So I guess by now you may have heard the results of the big LSU vs Penn State throw down. Yeah, we lost. And we now have a BEAUTIFUL PENN STATE SNOWMAN ORNAMENT for the front of our tree. I have sent a Beautiful LSU ornament for the back of the tree to the winners. I have two LSU ornaments for our house, in 2010, one will be at the back of my tree. Sorry, Mike.


So instead of eating snow as in the last posting...I will eat some crow.



Here's a picture of the ornament on our tree...giving it a test run for next year.


Oh well, you win some you lose some....Congrats Penn State Nittany Lions....Maybe next time!!!

4 comments:

Erin H. said...

I'm glad to hear you welcomed the marriage. :)

Sush said...

LOL I thought I might get some comments on that posting...you KNOW we welcomed the marriage...the boy's got wonderful taste! I love you!

Erin H. said...

Haha! Love you too! :)

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch LSU Tigers, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/LSU_Tigers-tickets looking forward to it.