Saturday, April 24, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday...!!!


Happy Birthday Emily and Will! How fast those fourteen years went! How precious you are to all of the family...then and now!


You like to dance....


and have attended weddings....


and more weddings...

Don't worry...almost all of the cousins in this family are married...

Now I have a new proposition for you. I won't be having any weddings this summer. I know you like the beach. Your family stopped off at Aunt Patsy's house on the way to Dune Allen...
Perhaps in the place of a wedding...I know you are crushed at the thought of not having another of our 'family' weddings...how about joining us at the beach?
Won't be Dune Allen... we will be at Holden Beach...! Would you come out of your sand pit and play in 'my' sand?

Should I offer to bury you in the sand? Dan did it with a friend one year! I'm sure we can enlist his help...
And we even bury family members upon request...I think it is a thing with Dan!

Peter says come on and join us on the Atlantic Coast this year...

We have crabs your Dad can catch...

A pretty bridge over the coastal canal...

Trey will join you in the tidal pools-
Lily will let you use her sand pail and shovel...well maybe not? Oh, sure you will, Lil!

The beaches in North Carolina are so pretty!

We love to build sand castles...and walk on the beach at night!
Would it help if I tell you we have a house with a pool this year? I'm sure they have another house close to ours...and you can swim in the pool all day all night, anytime...

Will you come? Will you ask your parents? I know it's not a birthday present but it would sure make a week in July fun!


Hey...you're out of the pit...so does that mean you'll come?
Well, whatever you do I hope today is a wonderful birthday and know that I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!
xoxox
Your ever loving beach loving
Aunt Susie(and company) All my gang will be there and your young, cousinettes!


PS: This invite is open to the entire family. I can give you the name of the rental agencies we use...xoxoxo! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Will and Emily!
Love,
Steve Jr and Family

Anonymous said...

YES! DESTIN HERE I COME NEXT WEEK! Susie, you can repost the 35 year old beach-worthy photo of me and pretend I sent it from Destin :) So now I will start hoping for my next beach vacation to be with you in NC :) xoxo and Happy Birthday again to Will and Emily (and Tyler yesterday) Ant Lee

emily said...

thanks for this post!! i had a great birthday with some friends. we went to a mexican restaurant and watched sherlock holmes. (good movie, i recommend it)
<3 emily

Sush said...

@ Emily
Glad ya'll's birthday was fun! Miss you all...enjoy Dune Allen this year...maybe next year we can do a Holden Beach Fam Reunion....??? Loves, Aunt Susie