Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


"When we step into the family, by the act of being born, we do step into a world which is incalculable, into a world which has its own strange laws, into a world which could do without us, into a world that we have not made. In other words, when we step into the family, we step into a Fairy Tale." ~ G. K. Chesterton
I know I don't agree with the part of this quote about stepping into a world which could do without us, for there is no one in my 'fairy tale' I could do without or want them to do without. I do know when I stepped into my family with Steve we started to create our own Fairy Tale. He is my King and makes my world shiny and bright. He is the only man I would ever want to have created this family with. 


As a Father he brings a constant and thoughtful love to his family. Not that he can't be a character...just observe his children and you will see he has  passed along his ways of creating fun! We have a lot of fun and laughter in this household, and he is the origin of most of the fun.


Happy Father's Day Steve...you are the best of the best and taught our children how to stay on the path to find their own Fairy Tale and be the 'best of the best'.


I love you,
Susie


Now this day can't go unnoticed for another very special gentleman. I miss having my own Daddy around for Father's Day. I know for those who are in my situation Mother's Day and Father's Day are bittersweet. Love you Daddy!

“The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.”
― Tim Russert

And Happy Father's Day to my two sons with children of their own...enjoy the ride! But remember this...
DON'T BLINK!


And Daniel and Laura...Happy Anniversary, Your First! 
Your Anniversary Posting is at the Printers until after Father's Day!
Loves~Loves~Loves




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you enlarge the picture of you and Daddy on carousel, it unreal how much your smiles and faces look exactly like two peas in a pod!!!xoxo Lee

lisa said...

I like the second quote about the older we get the smarter our dad becomes...that could not be more true!!

Happy Father's Day, Pop!

Sush said...

@ Lee...LOL when I gave birth to Stevie and our pediatrician...who was my pediatrician and yours...took one look at me and said,"Damn you look like your Dad"!
xoxox

Sush said...

@Lisa, it certainly is a wise and truthful quotation. Loved brunch...you and Tim are wonderful parents!
xoxo