Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All For The Love Of Sam

Many of you who read my blog are family and friends and know about 'our' Sam. To try and explain to those that don't know about Sam and the beloved place he had in our family is an almost impossible task. Love for Sam cannot be condensed into a few sentences but for those new to our history...here goes.


Sam is our nephew and from the tender age of nine he spent many summers and holidays with us. He was more of a brother to our kids than a cousin.  Sam had a smile that lit up a room and a giggle that was as infectious as could be. Sam lost a bravely fought battle to lymphoma on October 3, 2005 at the age of 26. He left behind his son of  almost six months, his wife and step-daughter. He was such a proud Dad...he loved his 'baby Sam' with all his heart. 


Our hearts were broken that day, but our love remains strong.  His sister, Anne, our niece, is raising money in his honor for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I asked Anne if I could post in my blog about her loving tribute to Sam and she graciously gave me her blessings.


I would love for you to join Anne in her efforts to raise funds for this important effort in Sam's honor. It doesn't have to be a huge amount and you can donate anonymously if you choose. Although, I would love to see some family and friends names on the list, the choice is yours.


I am posting a link to Anne's fundraising site  and at the end of each of my postings until Anne's fundraiser is over I will place a link *All For The Love Of Sam, as a gentle reminder and request for you to join in the quest to help end this dreadful disease. Please feel free to spread the story of my sweet niece and her love for her brother...I think it is a beautiful story and one that should be shared. The more who know his story possibly the greater the funds raised?


Our hearts still miss our nephew...I pray with each dollar raised by Anne we can all help her exceed her goal and keep the efforts going to find a cure for this horrible disease.


Bless you Anne...Bless all of you for joining in her efforts and remember she is doing it...
Tim, 'Sam', Dan
*All For The Love Of Sam  .


PS: To my kids who aren't in this picture, when my in home 'Genius' gets my scanner re-loaded for Snow Leopard, I will put a 'family' picture with all of you with Sam. This was the only one already in my computer. xoxox

1 comment:

elise MIGNON hoffman said...

Mom, that was a wonderful posting, very sweet! We miss our Sam so much, he was definitely a fifth brother to me! Love and miss you Sambo, forever and always!

P.S. the in home genius will do it today!