Monday, August 23, 2010

HGTV, RoadTrip anyone???...

Hmm, guess you might be wondering if this family has been fortunate enough to have Candice Olsen of Devine Design, or Genevieve of Dear Genevieve or even good ole Ty from Extreme Makeover dropping in on us. Sadly, no. What we do have is our own group of talented family members working diligently and oh so stunningly creatively in their homes. Oh, and it also helps to have an 'In-House', newly graduated Interior Designer in the family...Elise of the IARC college degreed program. She is on high demand for color and idea consultations for the entire family!

Tim and Lisa have placed their home on the market as they are looking to have more space to roam and ramble around in. They have been busy the last year not only in bringing up baby...but making their home picture perfect. 

I could be incorrect, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but their last major project was built in cabinets and bookcases next to their fireplace. 
Prior to that it was the kitchen renovation and repainting.
Prior to that it was a beautiful nursery for our beautiful baby granddaughter.
Prior to that a new master bathroom. 
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of that, nor does Lisa have any on her blog that I can 'borrow'. But take it from me it is a beautiful renovation. 
And they had painted all the rooms in the house when they first purchased it. I personally think Candice and company could take some pointers from this family of DIY-ers! 

Now I am guessing about now everyone is remembering the next new home owners would be Erin and Scott.

And they have been quite industrious and HGTV-ish designers in their own right! Scott enjoys the Holmes on Homes show on HGTV and not only renovates but corrects anything less than code acceptable. 

Enjoy these before and after pictures of their newly designed kitchen...with new lighting installed by our favorite electrician...Scott. 
      Before:

After:



A charming and cozy eat in area in their kitchen...with more lighting installed by the world famous electrician...!  As we were very recent, as in this past weekend, visitors to this lovely kitchen and were dining at that very breakfast table on an absolutely delicious breakfast, I can say with complete honesty to all of it~C'est Magnifique!
We were fortunate to have travelled to their newly renovated home and dine in this lovely dining room this weekend! It was wonderful to get a relaxed visit in with Erin's parents. Just a tad more relaxed since the last time we visited was the 'Wedding Weekend'!


And look at the detail they added with the chair rail and picture moldings:


Notice new lighting...as opposed to what once was there. Scott and Erin passed the fixture  below along to Dan and Laura. Soon to be viewed in the Dan and Laura segment of this posting! 
I must now brag about our fantastic Erin's sewing accomplishments. Unlike her Mother-In-Law, Erin doesn't have to rely on someone else to sew beautiful draperies. These gorgeous drapes that look like they belong in a Pottery Barn collection were made by Erin.
Stunning...absolutely stunning...

Moving along to the bathroom renovations...I'm sure glad that Scott is getting practice because Ma and Pa have some of their own coming up....!

Guest Bath/shower Before:
After:

Guest Bath before:

After:


Master Bath After:




And if you notice the Ikea lamps in this before shot in the Master Bedroom, they were soon to be gracing the apartment of one, Elise. She fell in love with them and has them now boxed up waiting for the day she gets to once again live under a roof other than the 'fun couple'! 
Doesn't this finished picture of their Master Bedroom just make you want to climb in that luxurious bed and snuggle down for a restful sleep?

In birth order, we now move along to the most recently married and proud new home owners...Laura and Daniel

Since you all saw the picture of their house after they purchased it at *this posting I would like to share two photographs Dan sent of their home. These pictures were given to them by a neighbor from quite a few winters ago if I remember the explanation correctly. And, well, to be honest at this point in time, I don't remember much correctly. Either way, the photos are beautiful and a lovely segue to the next set of HGTV renovations...


With the winter thaw of this Spring, came many new changes to their pretty home. The most amazing one was done in the kitchen! Daniel tore down the old cabinets and ripped up the old flooring. One thing I enjoy about the story of Dan and Laura's new home is how Daniel always meets the neatest people/craftsmen to work on his house. He has always been a negotiator and he has been quite successful in wrangling good prices for luxury work! He found a tile person who is really an artist in his craft. The new kitchen and foyer floor he installed is something else. Look closely at the detail on the floor in the kitchen.
The Dining Room is so very beautiful...and guess what? Elise and I helped paint it...'It's Shake and Bake...and I helped!' Well, to be honest I did the middle part of the walls.  I don't do overhead or down low areas of painting with my back. But the middle? I am a Picasso!
The Dining Room before:
To the dining room after:

 So, Laura and Daniel's kitchen went from this:
To This:

And this:
And This:

Lovely, right? 
 Anyone remember the Lustron house? I think my children have beautimous kitchens. I'd be green if I had an inclination to cook. Umm, not so much anymore. Not ready for the stove covers yet, but getting there.
Dan and Laura's guest room went from this:
And this:
To this:
And this:

I do get to attest to the fact that both of the out of town families have wonderfully comfy guest beds and tantalizingly restful guest rooms. While on our way to visit Scott and Erin, we stopped and spent the night with Laura and Dan. Oh so comfy and chic guest room!
We left their wonderful home to arrive at Erin and Scott's and another equally comfy bed and  and chic guest room! I'm doing my best to follow my Mother's sage advice. House guests and fish start to smell after three days and do not overstay my welcome. But it is really, really hard to do when visiting such lovely digs!

By the way, I am not  leaving Terri and Steve out. Although they are not renovating for a move, and are not exactly 'new' homeowners..they have repainted their living room, dining room and kitchen. New living room furniture graces their abode, along with very pretty art work.
 They have turned Trey's room into the 'boys' room for both Trey and Peter. And given it a fun color and decor.
The 'nursery' is now a guest room. But I am shamefully shy of photographs of their gracious home.
 It's just between the lost pictures from the computer crash, and the unabashed fact I get carried away playing with my grandsons, I don't have any pictures of the renovations. (And they don't blog so I can't lift pictures.)  I mean with two full time jobs and two children, I think blogging is probably not on the top of the 'To Do' list.
You can view their dining room and living room by going to *this posting from Christmas. We were fortunate enough to have been invited to their gorgeous and well appointed home for Christmas dinner. 
Believe me...the home of this family is equally HGTV worthy. If only I can remember to bring my camera next time I'm visiting, and take pictures of the home instead of the grandkids! 

And here's a teaser...the blog's author and her husband have been working on their own HGTV projects. Coming soon in an upcoming posting...

I bet you will be holding your breath in anticipation! 
Or not.












No comments: