Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Katie

Oh my, so many birthdays so little time! Today is my niece Katie's birthday. Katie of the legal mind and Law School in the great far and frozen mid west! I remember as if it was yesterday I was sharing the news of pregnancy with her Mom, my sister Patsy, and she said something to the fact of, "Oh well we are having babies again at the same time!"  It has been fun having the two girls doing things at the same time...relatively...speaking...hahahaha! No pun intended! If you look at the picture below, you can see these two girls as they were growing up...


The next picture is actually a backwards flash in time...it shows Patsy holding Katie as a baby and me holding Elise...of course I'm kinda short and you don't see much of me and Elise!


Katie has been quite the social butterfly. In college she was in a sorority while also working and maintaining an excellent GPA. I mean the girl is in Law School this year! 
It seems lately we get together mostly at weddings...
But whatever the occasion...when Katie is near it is sure to be a party going on somewhere and lots of fun! Katie is on the left in the photo below...
Before her senior year in college, Katie spent a part of her summer in DC for an internship. She got to visit with her cousin Scott and his bride to be and Elise drove up to spend a fun filled weekend with Katie. However, I was there when she and Elise first saw DC...from stroller height!
 Katie is on the left in the stroller Elise in on the right! We had a lot of fun that day...it was the famous DC day trip! I think it made front page news in all the DC papers. Family comes to visit DC! Unusual occurrence but DC was open for business! Actually, post 9/11 I can say we were able to get in places we probably can't anymore! But we really did have lots of fun... picnic on the Potomac...foot races and lots and lots of walking!


I don't know where all the time goes. I remember each and every visit with my sweet niece and I am having a hard time accepting she is a college graduate and in her first year of law school. Katie, I love you and I am so proud of you! Have a great year and most of all have a wonderful and happy birthday!
Loves~Loves~Loves


*All For The Love Of Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natural childbirth - born at home - destined for greatness! Love, Ant Lee