Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Your Birthday! It's Your Birthday! Annie!

Our niece Anne was born  four months after our oldest son, Steve. Cousins growing up so close in age with one another is always special. Anne and Steve even roomed together for a while when they were in law school. It was great for both of them I do believe, and bonded them as 'grown up' cousins. I must be sure to clarify here that while Steve and Anne are close, Annie is close with all of our family. She's just that way...

 It has been a joy and a privilege watching Anne grow into a beautiful woman, wife and mother. Annie was always a happy little girl. Racing from one place to another, stopping long enough for hugs and kisses-and then off to search for fun and excitement wherever she could find it! I remember going to swim meets, watching her race across the pool and jump out of the water with a smile on her face. While I never saw her at one of her dance recitals, I did get the pleasure of her brother and two of my sons dressed up in some of her costumes from dance recitals. I'm thinking it was a older sister/older cousin oh boy can I get them now kind of thing!
Anne used to come visit us when she was on break in college. She would tuck all her beautiful long hair up under a baseball cap, per recommendations from State Troopers who had given advice on car safety for women. I don't think even in a baseball cap with all her hair tucked up she was anything other than stunning!


 Later, when Brian, her husband, was firmly entrenched in her life he came for a visit too! They cooked us a meal that was absolutely gourmet and melt in your mouth delicious!


Now, Anne has graduated from College, Law School, passed the bar, and received her MBA. This gal just doesn't like to sit around... 
She can do it all, with her usual love and grace. Our sweet little Annie, all grown up and a Mom of two beautiful girls. I wish we lived closer so I could be a part of their lives. It's hard being an Aunt from afar, but being a Great-Aunt from afar is the pits. I have to content myself with Christmas card pictures and updates from her Mom. Crazy world we live in. 
We do get occasional visits for weddings...some times she brings the girls...
Sometimes not...
What Anne is doing this year just makes my heart burst with pride. Her brother Sam, died while battling lymphoma. Anne is running in a marathon this October and raising  funds for the research and cure of that and other horrendous cancers. She has dedicated her race to Sam's memory. If you would find it in your heart to donate, whatever you feel you can give, it would mean very much to everyone in this family and help so many other families as well. 
Anne, Sarah,Sam
Anne has always run towards a challenge, never away. I am so proud of you Annie. You have become the woman I always saw in that happy, fun loving and kind little girl.


Happy Birthday and love always...


*All For The Love Of Sam

No comments: