Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Told You October Was Busy

It's October, so it's almost a birthday every day...today it's Aimee's!!!
I love my sister Aimee. Don't get me wrong I love all my sisters. But Aimee has an outlook on life that keeps me smiling and feeling real kicka**. Aimee gets joy out of her day  'mo bettah' than anyone I know. And the girl is probably busier than anyone I know. I will give you a little background on my youngest sister. (Notice I didn't say baby sister...she has always hated being referred to as the baby sister). Okay, Aimee, I didn't call you that, I called you youngest and at this point in all of our lives it's a real compliment, and a hard pill to swallow for some...

Aimee was born one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. She really looked like a china doll. I don't remember her being a cross baby...just sweet to hold and play with. She was always up for whatever crazy game her sisters wanted to include her in. I think now it probably was the beginning of her love for all things fun. I'm not sure who had the idea for this next activity, all I know is we both are very happy. See, from a really early age she was FUN!
It seems we were always getting our picture taken when we were together busy doing something. The picture below looks like it was someone's birthday. Nope. It was a New Year's Eve cake our Gramma Bet of the  uniquelyherveryownperson Gramma, always would have for us IF she was visiting for New Year's Eve. Sometimes she wouldn't last that long in our raucous household and would head out shortly after Christmas. This was one of those special holiday seasons when she stayed and she bought us a New Year's  cake. Surprisingly, this wasn't one of the years she had sparklers on the cake. Maybe she had finally decided it really wasn't such a good idea to have a cake full of sparklers? I dunno, but anyway this is about Aimee and her birthday. I did manage to get a picture of her near a cake but why am I blowing out the candles? I guess I got to be the BOSS of You Both that year! Say what???
Aimee was groomed for royalty at an early age...
Tiaras were worn regularly by our little Princess! HA ahahaha! I still think she was really precious even as a toddler. This was a luncheon at Vista Shores where we managed to have her with us. As an aside, we were living pre-cell phones. Umm, yeah, dated myself again. Onward...!  Often, Aimee would start out going in one parents car, then wanting to go in the others car. Communication wasn't a strong suit when loading six kids in cars to go anywhere and on more than one occasion we would arrive at a destination, look around and realize she had been left again. She was really smart for a little kid and would walk down the street to a friendly neighbors house and wait for a parent to come hurtling around the corner on two wheels to apologize and bring her to her appointed destination.
Can you believe we would ever leave this precious little girl alone anywhere? I think we were the original Home Alone family. Geez...I'm glad we lived in a safe neighborhood.
Another Princess moment for Aimee...

When she got older she left tiaras in the closet and started practicing the look of the Grand Dame...not really, this was another Gramma Bet activity. Only this time Aimee and some of the family were visiting Bet in California.
I told you she was always up for fun...
Aimee, like the rest of us, grew up loving the surf and the sand. I wonder what this moment captured with she and Daddy other than an afternoon at Dune Allen? Looking pretty good in that bikini Aim...
We were all Daddy's girls but she was Mom's little helper...and got to carry on that role perhaps longer in life than anyone had planned. Aimee and her family helped take care of my parents when they were in the Assisted Living facility. I know we will all be forever in her debt for all her love and hard work. In the photo below, my Mom is wearing one of her favorite aprons. 
Aimee was never one to advertise...
But after much searching...

She found her most special guy...
Can't you tell Wayne likes to have as much fun as my sister??? They got married and had two lovely daughters. My nieces, Jen and Maggie. Yep, they love a fais do do too!
So yes, I love my sister Aimee. She is a great sister to have as a partner in crime, a shoulder to lean on, and a real confidante.
Happy Birthday Aimee...I love you...
Even if you are younger than Springtime!

Loves~Loves~Loves

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us just NEED to have a Baby Aimee... :) xoxo Lee