Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Me, It's Me, It's Me Oh Lord...Standing In The Need Of Prayer

No one had a voice like Marion, our Ya Ya. We would go to her Church to hear her sing in her choir and sing her solos. One song I've always thought of as her 'signature' song was, It's Me Oh Lord Standing In The Need Of Prayer. Imagine how wonderfully enchanted I was this morning when I went to see my oldest grandson play the bells and maracas at his school's Friday morning mass...and the second song in Mass was It's Me Oh Lord! I have never heard that song sung in a Catholic Church before. Ever.


I know she would be so happy and proud to know a new generation of her children was singing her song!


Trey, you were a delight to watch today! You rang the bell and shook the maracas every single time at the exact right time...a joyful noise unto the Lord!
Thank you for including me in the special moments in your life, and for bringing Ya Ya to me today.

I love you both...
Sush~


Loves~Loves~Loves

No comments: