Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Memories

I just love when my children...adult as they are...come home to celebrate birthdays. It serves so many delightful purposes. Keeps family ties and bonds strong; imparts a wonderful sense of family to the next generation, (grandkids); gives a boost in the testosterone level in our household that my husband misses when his sons are gone; gives Elise and I added estrogen levels with added females in the house, (gotta keep things equal ya know); and last but not least makes this Momma very happy to have chicks home to roost, if oh too briefly. Here in my own pictorial review are some highlights of Scott's birthday weekend...
Magic Carpet rides with Aunt Erin...how exciting can it get? Fun, fun, Fun!
I think something is luring Lily off the magic carpet...since Zeus and Zoey weren't present, I can't imagine what it was???
So, Uncle Scott...what did that card from Uncle Dan and Aunt Laura say again...something about this squirrel named Scooter? Hmmm....???
I do believe the old axiom of kids enjoying the wrapping more than the presents might still ring true...You wear the bow, Peter...
Okay...Hot Potato...who gets the bow next? What do you think Peter...who can you pass it to? Hmmm...let's see...thinking, looking, thinking...
I don't think Brinny will wear it...how about...??? Yesss, let's get Lily to wear it!
Yes, little brother...we are buddies forEVER!!!
But where did Lily go? Oh I think I know...Lisa and I heard someone calling to us while we were chatting in the kitchen. It went something like this...'Oh Mommy...Oh Mommy..'
But at first we didn't realize there was a purpose behind the words, and they got louder...
OH MOMMY OH MOMMY...
And then it got really loud and realllllyy insistent....OH MOMMY OH MOMMY OH MOMMYOHMOMMYYYYYYY
And then Lily felt the love...just who she wanted in her sights! MOMMY!!!
Then hugs were passed around the kitchen though they were not captured on film...but I promise we had snuggles and kisses and then Lily was ready to go in search for her cousins again! I wonder what they were up to? What else can be done with a magic carpet? Hmmm???? Hi guys, what's up?
What's under the magic carpet blanket Peter? Do you have something special under there?
Of course...it's something you are hardly ever without...CARS!
Now, I wonder who else wants to see what is under there and join in on the fun...??? Oh I know who...and that somebody took off her...shoe! Hey Lil' can you hear the ocean?
How many things can you do with that shoe, Lily? Yes that shoe!
Ahh, I see it's bait and switch...you got something of Peter's there Lily? How did that blue car get from Peter's hand to yours?
Yessss...umm hmmm that blue car!
Oh, Peter was just in a sweet sharing mood? And Trey, I think I see some toes peeking out to be tickled? Oh okay, I'll get them another time! 
So what's next with the shoe, Lil?
Is that where you want it to go? Well??? I dunno...but what ever you do...remember what they always say, "wait for the other shoe to..."
Okay, wait for it...no not on your head...I think we have some funny monkeys, funny bunnies,
cousins...
Yes, Lily...'wait for the other shoe to DROP...oh and you did it! Funny bunny!
So now let's see we have Uncle Scott's made to order red beans and rice dinner, and some play time and rides on magic carpets. We opened presents and played some more...what else is there? Oh YESSSS Birthday Cake of course...!
Make a wish Mr Birthday Boy!
So now I think that about covers our wonderful birthday pictorial review for Scott's birthday. We had lots of fun, and singing and what was that we said before we ate red beans and rice? Hmm, let me try and remember...Oh yes, that's right Lily! What family time is all about...


Loves~Loves~Loves~
...and Lily, wear it with pride and joy!

No comments: