Friday, March 18, 2011

Ma Mere...

Life's not the breaths you take...it's the moments that take your breathe away...
I found myself thinking of those George Strait lyrics as I was planning this posting.  Something that happens to me when I peruse my photographs looking for pictures to use...I often do have my breath taken away. Sometimes it's a hitch in my throat and tears filling my eyes. Sometimes it's a smile and warmth in my heart as happy memories come flooding in. Either way, Mom was always a woman that could take my breath away. 


She gave us 'family' and the importance it holds in our lives. She made sure we all knew how important it is to 'show up' when the going gets rough not just for the fun part of life. Any family member in her household that can go anywhere and not think, "Be useful as well as decorative, dear..." I'd be amazed. I do hope that tapes plays in the hearts and minds of my own children and grandchildren.


Oh, this day comes around once every year. I am beginning to wonder if it is the day or  putting together a posting in memory of Mom that is so poignant. Probably both; I feel compelled to honor Mom and the day is sadly a part of me that seems to go unforgotten. So family, in no particular order, here are a few pictures that took my breath away today. Some are repeats, some are probably going to make you cry. Either way, remember her love for us all...she did always 'show up' and loved each and every one of us to her very best!
















Oh Mom...if only...one more day, to take our breath away. Love you for always...
Loves~Loves~Loves~

2 comments:

Leah Olson-McBride said...

thanks Susie

Sush said...

I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it. Thank you!
Loves~