Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to My First Mother's Day Gift...



Thirty six years old and going strong! Happy Birthday to my first Mother's Day present, my first born. I remember as if it was yesterday and certainly not like it was thirty six years ago when it was Mother's Day and I was nine months pregnant. I remember feeling out of sorts, but looking forward to spending the afternoon at Southern Yacht Club with my husband and parents and siblings still living in town. It seemed like it was going to be a relaxing Mother's Day for my Mom. I made it all the way to the Yacht Club, when I started feeling more than 'out of sorts'! I asked my Mom to accompany me to the 'Skipperettes' room and after some consultation we decided I was indeed beginning my journey towards Motherhood that day. I don't think my Mother relaxed much the remainder of the next week, not to mention the rest of that Mother's Day...!

My Mother's Day was extended to the next day, but what a thrilling gift you were! Our first child, our first born son! Steve, Jr. you brought us happiness and joy like nothing we had ever known. There is something so amazingly special about the first time you are a Mother. Looking at you and holding you in my arms literally left me speechless. Someone in the delivery room asked me how it felt to be a Mom and all I could do was smile.
 You taught me so much from that moment on. I'm still learning from you; how to be a kinder, more patient person. You bring out the best in everyone who comes in contact with you. You are a shining example of goodness and strength of character. You have blessed us with two wonderful grandsons and have made me so very proud to be your Mother.
I love you...and am thankful every day for my very first Mother's Day Gift...YOU! Happy Birthday and all the blessings of the day are sent your way!
Loves~Loves~Loves~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Red Fire Truck Cake!!! And you were so pregnant again! Y'all are wonderful :) Happy Birthday Again Stevie - Love you, UJ and AL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Mom! And thanks UJ and AL! It was a very nice birthday!

Sush said...

>Anonymous Lee, thanks for the comments, you always make me smile in how you bring back memories of the time. Love you.

>Anonymous Steve..now that you are a parent I know you can relate to how very special each and every birthday you have is and was. I love you!

Hugs to you both...