Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finessing the Finest Fun

My gal pals and I love to throw parties for one another. Whether it be engagement, bridal or baby showers we enjoy celebrating each others joyous moments in life. We trade around who is on the hostess list and who is being honored, but we have a core group of hostesses. 


A few weeks ago it was a Baby Shower for one of the girls newest grandbaby. Oh how much fun we have when planing and giving those parties. The new mother to be or recent new mother, depending oh how far away the young lady may be living...is always so excited. I  think new mommies really do 'Glow'! Now admittedly we hostesses are beyond the 'Glowing Years' it does not curb our enthusiasm.


How sweet is this...
and this...
This next pic is of the men present at the baby shower returning down the stairs after escaping to the 'man cave' home theater room. 
The young guys enjoyed their escape...their leader was hoping to look innocent...
Can't blame the guys...they hung in for the most part! The new Dad was really good at opening presents and having fun! Why he even grabbed the diaper bag, changed the diaper and soothed his crying son. Heard he went to Baby Boot Camp, I think he must have been Top of The Class!
Friends waiting their turn with the Star Attraction:
Last but never least a photo of the hostess in whose home the party was given, posing with her youngest!


I so enjoy a lovely occasion to have an afternoon of happiness! 


Loves~Loves~Loves~

12 comments:

orchid said...

Oh, what a fabulous occasion!!!

I SO enjoyed knowing this baby-shower thing for the first time. We don't have this custom.

Yes,"Happy New Arrival"
Baby's Dad looks really happy. And Well-decorated Delicious looking SWEETS.
Happy for you having nice time.

Your new friend, Love xoxo Orchid.

Sush said...

Thank you Orchid we really had a lovely time and never tire of celebrating happy occasions!
Loves~Loves~Loves~

Ninny said...

Hi Sush, and thank you for stopping by my blog! Blogging is a lot like having pen-oals to me and I enjoy reading about the lives of others from all over the world.

Baby showers are the sweetest and most fun of all the "showers." Ha! Probably because I can now sit back and enjoy the little goodies from a grandparent's perspective.

I became your newest follower, enjoyed reading all your posts.

Liz (aka Ninny)

Sush said...

Hi Liz,
This is attempt numero 3 at replying to your comment. I am hoping we are not in the midst of another Blogger breakdown. Welcome to my blog and I truly was just thinking of posting on how Followers feel like Pen Pals of days gone by. I am thinking maybe this comes from the perspective of people of a certain age?

Looking forward to many shared thoughts and moments in time...
Loves~Loves~Loves~

Thisisme. said...

It all looks like such a fun, happy occasion. I love times like these spent with friends, and it's always special to be able to celebrate new life. Lovely food as well. Yum!!

Sush said...

Dear Thisisme..it was a grand time. We love to prepare the food ourselves. Other than the cake everything was made my our little group. We have a select group of recipes we use and alternate from time to time.
Just a bit and you'll be celebrating your daughter's wedding. Eeekkk...excitement!
Loves~

Odie Langley said...

Hi Sush & thanks for dropping by my place and welcome to the might fine state of NC. We do have the best of both worlds here with the mountains which I love and the beach which is my wife's favorite. Like you, all my 3 girls are grown. My grandchildren are 2, 4 & 19. We certainly have a wonderful friend in Thisisme (Dianne) over across the pond as we say. Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Odie

Ninny said...

Hi Sush!

Yes, I love having my grandson come for Camp Ninny every summer. The other two grandchildren live close by so I see them often. It's hard to fix meals for a picky eater, but he did discover that he loves fried catfish. What's not to like about something fried? But by "junkin" I meant going to estate sales, thrift stores, etc. for vintage items to sell in my Etsy shop, Passionate Flea. I haven't gone searching for treasures in over a week and I miss it!
Have a great weekend!
Liz

Ina in Alaska said...

Thank you for stopping my my blog! Have a lovely weekend and hope to see you again real soon! Smiles...

Sush said...

Hi Liz...I should have put it together about the 'junkin'. We love to go to the flea market here at the Fairgrounds in my town. I have a dear friend who has a stall where she sells items she purchases at Estate Sales. So much fun!
Looking foward to a great weekend as the weather is supposed to dip down to the chill mid-80's!

Ina...I have a cousin that lives in Alaska. She lived in Barrow for gee, I think it was nine years and now lives in Palmer. I think Alaska sounds like a beautiful place to live!
See you soon..
Loves~Loves~Loves~

Gawgus things... said...

Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog - we've been sussed then have we?! ;) I do love get togethers and entertaining of which I am very excited to be attending one next weekend... :)

Sush said...

Gawgus...Secret safe with me! Hugs and happy thoughts for a very special celebration next weekend! Thanks for popping in...look forward to another visit!
Hugs~