Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lightning Does Strike In The Same Place Twice...and more

I enjoy when I attend Baby Showers as a well seasoned Mom listening to the new mother-to-be and new mothers discussing how they can't imagine loving another child as much as their first. I know that once they experience the birth of that next child it will all be changed instantaneously! I remember thinking those now 'hard to imagine I felt that way' thoughts myself. And then came my second dose of love at first sight! Bam, lightning!
Timothy Richard. We named him Timothy because I love that name and I love the nickname, Timmy. The Richard is for my Dad's brother, Richard aka Dick. Dick died at the tender age of 12 and I wanted to keep a bit of him going for my Grandmother and my Dad. They both were deeply touched.


For years all Tim was called was Timmy. Oh, he had the occasional Timbo or Tim, but to my heart and soul he was Timmy. And then he became a teenager. Uh, Mom? I really would prefer you all just start calling me Tim, not Timmy. As I have a brother who for years was known as Billy and then found it an anathema to be known as anything other than Bill, I got the picture loud and clear. And Timmy stayed buried in my heart. For a while. And then he met his wife to be, Lisa. Lisa started calling him Timmy. He liked it, he allowed it. Slowly I have been able to bring Timmy back to use without being called out. (Thank you, Lisa)! It's nice to have our Timmy back!
And now Timmy has a new name, one he loves to hear more than any other name he's been called...Daddy! There's a new girl in town, and she's given him a story line that is a fairy tale in the making! He's her Prince Charming there is no denying it when you see the two together!
So to all the names in your hat...and from all the hearts you hold captive...


Happy Birthday my dear son, I love you now and forever. And yes...lightning can strike in the same place more than once.  As the saying goes...a picture's worth a thousand words.
Loves~Loves~Loves~

10 comments:

lyndylou said...

what a lovely story :)

orchid said...

Oh!!! What a lovely pictures♡♡♡
Happy birthday to you, Timmy!!! Haha, I wish to call him that way.

And I am SO happy for you being such a proud MOTHER♫♫♫ Nothing is more precious than happy family. I am a secound child for my mother and I wonder how she felt when I was born.
Gorgeous son and his lovely daughter♫♫♫
Lots of Hugs, Orchid.

Kathi said...

What a beautiful comment you left on my blog. Thank you so much. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate the words of encouragement and outgoing prayers!

And what a nice blog you have... Keep writing!

Kathi

lisa said...

The birthday boy read your post early this morning and loved it.

I am glad that I could convert him back to Timmy!

Leslie said...

Very moving. Wonderful words.

Leslie said...

I read your post of August 29, 2010(Katrina) as well as your post of this year on Mother's Day. The first so profound and heart wrenchingly sad and the latter, so joyful and loving. Your children are blessed to have a mother like you who is able to clearly tell them how important and valuable they are. Awesome writing, Sush! I am so thrilled to have come across your blog.

Gawgus things... said...

Oh, what a gorgeous post! I don't think children ever really grow up in a parent's eyes, do they?! Have a great weekend and thank you for all your lovely comments, sorry I've been a bit behind getting to blogs at the mo!

Laura Hoffman said...

Love the post! Happy Birthday, Tim! :)

Sush said...

>lyndylou...oh yes our children can be a wonderful love story

>Orchid, thank you for always leaving such lovely comments, and his daughter is the sweetest thing!

>Kathi, always in my prayers and thank you for taking the time to visit, look forward to seeing you again!

>Lisa, Timmy loves being Timmy again because of you, thank you for returning him to Timmy, love you!

>Leslie, wow you actually brought tears to my eyes with your kind words! It is very validating to know someone is enjoying my efforts. Do you have a blog, I can't find it when I click on your name...I'd love to view yours if you have one!

>Gawgus, you have really had a week now haven't you...and you took the time out to visit. You and T.I.M. have had lots to do, and it was all soooo pretty! Thanks for stopping in!

>Laura, miss you and it sounds like you all had a great weekend in spite of a huge downpour! Bravehearted campers! Love you...

The Michelle Show said...

Great story! Thank you for sharing. Oh the many hats we wear.