Monday, June 20, 2011

Side by Side

Happy Anniversary Laura and Daniel. For a beautiful telling of their first two years together and how much this marriage is blooming, I bow to Laura's posting here. After reading her posting it brought to my mind the song, Side by Side by Henry Woods...in particular this is the part I was thinking of...

Oh, we ain't got a barrel of money,
Maybe we're ragged and funny
But we'll travel along
Singing a song
Side by side.

Don't know what's comin' tomorrow
Maybe it's trouble and sorrow
But we'll travel the road
Sharing our load
Side by side.

Through all kinds of weather
What if the sky should fall?
Just as long as we're together,
It doesn't matter at all.
When they've all had their quarrels and parted.

We'll be the same as we started
Just a-traveling along
Singing a song
Side by side.
Happy Anniversary Laura and Daniel.
Keep singing your sweet song!
Loves~Loves~Loves~

7 comments:

Thisisme. said...

What a beautiful photo of Laura and Daniel. Happy Anniversary to them both, and I wish them a long and happy life together, full of good things along the way. Gosh, that song is a very old Music Hall song, and took me back a bit!! Hope you're having a lovely day my friend.

Gawgus things... said...

What a stunning photo of the happy couple! Happy Anniversary to them and may they have many more :)

Sush said...

Dear ThisIsMe and Gawgus things, very lovely comments from two who have some very recent Wedding celebrations to reminisce over! Yes, it is a very old song and dates me as such! And the picture was taken on a Trolley ride the Wedding Party had right after the ceremony to tour the city and have photo ops of said city! I heard it was great fun!
Loves~Loves~Loves to you both!

Bethe77 said...

Happy Anniversary to Laura and Daniel!
Ive never heard that song but it is awesome!
Blessings

Laura Hoffman said...

Thank you for this kind post!!! I love this song, too!!!!! Perfect. :) Love you!!!!!

orchid said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary to the Lovely couple♡♡♡
I thought I knew the song and tried you-tube and found "Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis Tribute Video". I loved this version because my father used to love Dean Martin. Oh, you brought me back my young days.
Thank for the lyric, I sung with them,haha.
I know you don't need the URL.
Just let you know what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxRdYihOa0&feature=related

Hugs, xoxo Orchid.

Sush said...

>Beth77, I remember it most with Judy Garland performing it but it is a very oldy but goody! Thanks!

>Laura, You wrote such a beautiful post and your slideshow brought tears to my eyes! Happy Anniversary, love you both so very much!

>Orchid, I do remember Dear Marting and Jerry Lewis doing their rendition of this song! Def is an oldie, and thanks for the URL, it will be fun to travel down memory lane!