Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Visitors of the Weekend Variety

It was a fun filled and busy weekend...our youngest son and his wife were in town for a friend's wedding and to celebrate their own anniversary. They had reservations at a restaurant where Daniel was a former waiter. He scored a job his senior year in college in one of the city's elite 'A' list restaurants. He actually was offered his first job after college graduation while working in the restaurant. He impressed one of his customers with the way he handled a rude guest so much he gave him his business card and told him to call when he graduated. He did...job offered. History made. Reservations, please!


Anyhoo, he and his lovely bride and their fur babies Zeus and Zoey, (two charming pugs) came to town. Now my lovely daughter gifted from this marriage made in heaven always comes bearing gifts. Very often of the baked variety; is there any other? She is a wonderful cook and brought us a coffee cake for the morning break of fast! This was what was left...
Five minutes later...the pan is totally empty!


Before departing on their return trip we met some of their siblings for a Sunday lunch at the family favorite hamburger joint, Fat Daddy's! The restaurant opened the year before we moved to our lovely new hometown. That would be twenty-five years ago! The manager has watched our kids grow and now our grandkids are joining the ranks of Fat Daddy aficionados.
You may have noticed from the photograph above, our oldest grandson has become a budding photographer. His Gramma Kate gifted him with one of her former cameras and he spent the weekend exhausting the first memory card. Can you imagine??? While with this Gramma he was busy deleting enough pictures to add to his portfolio. We again had dueling cameras! Now if I can just get him blogging...hmmm.
I tried to catch a snapshot of his younger brother Peter. It seems Peter had been the subject of most of his brother's pictures the day before and his enthusiasm had waned a bit...
He hadn't managed to completely dodge my camera lens but was working on it...when... Uncle Dan to the rescue! And up on the shoulders and off he went...nothing like having your Uncle whisk you up high and off for a ride!
You gotta get him centered...
Now that's what I'm talking about...
Yep. Time for a goodbye shot and everyone was off to Sunday countdown...
L-R..Laura,Elise,Pop,Dan w/Peter,Terri,Steve Jr,Trey


Come back soon...
Loves~Loves~Loves~

8 comments:

orchid said...

Oh, what a lovely family photos,Sush!!! Your two grandsons are just GORGEOUS♡♡♡
I liked the last phrase of this post,"Time for a goodbye shot and everyone was off to Sunday countdown..." I thought this expressed your feeling well.

Love and Hugs, Orchid

Gawgus things... said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful, wonderful time. Families are just the best aren't they?!

Sush said...

>Orchid..you always have the loveliest comments, thank you so very much for your kind thoughts.
Hugs~

>Gawgus...I do so enjoy families! Here's to more fun with yours and hoping for more photos of continued fun!
Hugs~

Jenni @ Story of My Life said...

That is so neat about your son's job offer at the restaurant... as a former waitress, I can sure appreciate that!!

Such fun family pictures, Sush. :)

And I've been meaning to tell you, your comment on the post about our weekend at the ranch made me laugh out loud... to answer your question of what I look for in a rock, I usually look for geodes and fossils and just otherwise unusual or interesting ones! :)

The enchanted home said...

Don't you just love being with the family? Thats the best!! Thanks for sharing and for stopping off at my blog:)

Sush said...

>Jenni, Why I'm not surprised at your choice of fine rocks! I think geodes and fossils are at the top of all hot rock lists...;)

>The enchanted home...I have fallen in love with your blog! My daughter graduated last year with a degree in Interior Architecture and we are pouring over your postings! And yes families are the best!

Life 101 said...

Hey Sush, Good post. You have a lovely family.
My wife Jilda and I have been married 37 years but have no children.
It's been too long since we've been to New Orleans. It's on our list to visit again.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Rick

Sush said...

>Hi Life 101..I've really enjoyed browsing your blog and welcome to mine! I loved the one where you wanted to turn off the lights and go flying down the rode at night. Lucky thing for you Jilda seems to have her head on right, n'est ce pas?

Hugs~