Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lee Always and Forever My Beautiful Sister

To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~Clara Ortega


                   HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LEE & JACK


I love that quotation and it sure is true of me and my siblings. My sister Lee is the first born in our family. She is the keeper of the hearts and has always been sure to be there sometimes even before she has been called upon for her loving care! Lee will step right in  when she sees a need to be filled...I wonder is this something all first born children are born with or trained to do? Either way, my big sis is always there for each and every one of us. She is also there for all who know her. Sometimes I am in awe of how she plugs that EverReady battery of hers in and just keeps on going when I know she is in all actuality dead on her feet.


I don't even want to know how I would have gotten through our family grief without her there for comfort. One thing about Lee that her siblings do know. If she is humming hymns, don't rattle her cage! Some of us...would it be me...perhaps...tend to get short tempered and can start sputtering words that might have been better left unspoken. Lee just starts humming. I admire that in her...but I can't replicate it. Sigh.


I love that all I have to do is pick up my phone and call and we can go shopping. Even if we aren't in the same city. We'll just call and walk around a store sometimes and share our shopping expeditions. Or if she is having a pedicure I get to hear her giggle when her feet are tickled! Yes, it is a sister thing.


So July 8, my sister celebrated her birthday and her wedding anniversary. It is so like her to share a special day with someone she loves. My wish for Lee and my loving brother-in-law is a day filled with the sunshine and love that they bring to all who know them.


And I'm glad we 'all live outside the touch of time'...'cause I was late in posting this, but I knew my Seester would understand! I'll be posting the reason why very shortly.


Loves~Loves~Loves~

11 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Happy birthday Lee

lyndylou said...

Hsppy Birthday Lee X

orchid said...

Oh, my Dear friend Sush.

First of all, thank you very much for your wish to the people of my country☆☆☆

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary, Lee♡♡♡
How MARVELOUS to have a caring sister!!! Oh, humming hymns. This is one thing we cannot know. In a time of the hardship, it will help you,won't it♪♪♪ How wonderful it is!
Blessing to all of your loving families♫♫♫ Orchid.

Odie Langley said...

Happy Birthday Lee & happy anniversary as well. For me I am the oldest with 2 sisters and in our family it is the youngest,Linda, that takes charge and handles issues without a second thought. She is our hero.

Chatty Crone said...

Very sweet post - Happy Birthday and anniversary to Lee!

Thisisme. said...

Hi Sush. How wonderful to have such a lovely sister who is always there for you all. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to Lee! I am an only child and I would have loved to have a sister. (I do have my two gorgeous daughters though!!).

Barbara F. said...

Testing 123

Barbara F. said...

Oh Sush, I typed about 8 messages and lost them all when Blogger gobbled them up and refused to let me comment!! I wanted to wish your sister a very happy birthday and anniversary. It is a real blessing to have an older sibling that you can look up to. Have a great week. xo,

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday to her! This is a beautiful dedication post. I can feel the love radiating through your words.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Sush said...

>Claudia and Lyndy...thank you for your sweet wishes for my sister!
>Orchid, as always such lovely thoughts and your country men should be in everyone's prayers!
>Odie, our heroes in the family are very special indeed, wherever they land in family order! Thanks...
>Chatty, Thank you for your birthday sentiments and lovely thoughts!
>Thisisme, with such lovely daughter as yours, I think you have been very blessed! But I do love my sibs! Daughters are special in a very unique way!
>BarbaraF, how very kind of you to keep trying! Blogger has been making it hard for me to comment lately as well. I hope they get the wrinkles out soon..you have a great week as well!
>Bonnie, I appreciate your kind words and welcome to my blog, please sign up and return often!

Desiree said...

What a lovely photograph of the two of you. Lee sounds like a star. I hope she enjoyed her birthday and anniversary celebration.