Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Turtle Watch Is On

Life is Good on the shore! We're still waiting for the eggs to hatch in one of the four nests close to where we are. There are more nests on the island, fortunately for us the four predicted to hatch this week are closest to us!
The wonderful volunteers for the Turtle Watch program are out every evening in their bright red shirts, sweeping and grooming around the nest and waiting to see if a boil might begin!

We peer over our deck to see if they are shining the big white flash light they use to steer the baby turtles to the ocean. So far no luck, although we got super excited about dual big white lamps shining by one nest until we realized it was the shore patrol jeep checking up on all things shore like! 


The Momma turtles are still coming in to lay eggs and we've been given instructions to call the 'Turtle Hotline' if we see one either in the surf or if she's made it to the beach and laying her eggs! I am hoping we get to see that event...keep positive turtle vibes coming...


For now the surf is clear of Momma turtles... 
I'll be filling you in on all the fun we've had so far in a later post...right now you KNOW where I'll be! Umm, I think you know my fav-o-rite spot by now...toes in the water and....yep you got it!


Loves~Loves~Loves~
Beach~Beach~Beach~

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

It's simply a miracle how this process unfolds. When the time comes I hope that you will be able to take pictures for your blog. Thank you, Sush!

Thisisme. said...

Sending lots of positive baby turtle vibes your way my friend! I do hope you get to see some action and I hope you're having a marvellous time. :)

Gawgus things... said...

This is so very exciting! I'm off on holiday tomorrow but will check in when I get back to see how they got on :)

Claudia Moser said...

I agree with Thisisme :) Positive vibes!

lyndylou said...

it's all so exciting! I hope that you get to see them, it was just be so cool

orchid said...

Good Morning,
Wow,how interesting and exciting♪♪♪
Thank you for sharing this wonder.
I also loved the Dinan's expression "positive vibes". I just hope you're doing fine.
Hugs xoxo, Orchid.

Life 101 said...

What fun! I'd like one of those t shirts :)

Sweet Tea said...

Anticipation!
I'll be watching for another update.

Desiree said...

So much excitement and anticipation! Nature is truly amazing!