Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Knee High Beach Life

There is something about the way little ones view life that inspires me. Is it because they are closer to the ground and are able to spy the wonders nature has for us? Or is the boundless sky their inspiration to let their emotions soar? I spent some very lovely days at the beach with my grandchildren, they taught me so much...

spread your arms wide and embrace all life has for you...
a closer look and no telling what you might find...
so much beach...so little time!
But having Mom along keeps it fun...
water??? no problem...


a bevy of beauties~
and the boys were having some beach time of their own...Trey jumped right in!


Peter was more of a beach bunny, but if Dad was around the water was fine...
and if you follow Peter's gaze you can share in nature's glory...pelicans!
a fella's gotta get some relief from the heat...
did you know Pop takes his barbering skills EVERYwhere? Why, yes he does!
Itchy nose? Eww, Pop!
I've got a lovely bunch, don't I?
tired perhaps...
but lovely...
stay tuned...there's more beach life to come...bwahahahah!


Loves~Loves~Loves~

16 comments:

Desiree said...

Yes, your precious little ones certainly are very cute! Such lovely, happy pictures, Gran, of fun times together! seeing things through the eyes of a child or puppy is absolutely akin to seeing for the first time all over again!

jabblog said...

What a lovely family! It's wonderful to see things through a child's eyes.

lyndylou said...

Lovely photos of your family and I truly believe that you should never lose touch with your inner child :)

Shelly said...

What a gorgeous family you have, Sush! And the beach to boot- you just can't have it any better. Thank you for sharing!

Shady Del Knight said...

When you see the way I conclude my Summer Means Fun series next week you're gonna think I copied directly from this post, Sush. I promise you that mine was already written and saved as a draft weeks ago. It must be a case of great minds thinking alike. There's simply no way to get bored when you remember to view the world as a child does, with eyes wide open in wonder and a mind wide open to the possibilities.

lyndylou said...

Congratulations on the baby news. No wonder you were frustrated by those people stopping the turtle from making its way to the beach, I would have been too. Lovely pics, you have a lovely family. X

Laura said...

You have such a precious family. Such great pictures and so nice that you were all able to spend time together.

Thisisme. said...

Wonderful, happy, family times dear friend. You are so blessed with your grandchildren and how lovely to spend time on the beach with them like that! Look at that surf by the way. Gorgeous photos - a real pleasure to look at today.

Debbie--http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh you have been gone a couple of weeks - you are a lucky ducky! Can you adopt me?

Sarah Pearson said...

Lovely pictures. I think the second one is my favourite simply for the attitude of pure joy that exudes from her.

Christine said...

The beach looks awesome and so do those little ones. Fun times for family.

Bouncin' Barb said...

As you know, I am unable to see my grandkids for awhile, so you know how precious those little ones are to be with. It looks like everyone had a great time. I pray by the end of the year we'll be able to get to see them. Or sooner. What a great looking family. I just know you're smiling!!!

orchid said...

How LOVELY your grandchildren are and glad for them happy time at the beach♡♡♡ You SURE are blessed with God Send Family♬♬♬
Yes, I can see the warm smiling eyes towards them!!!
Lots of love and Hugs xoxo,

karen said...

What cute little munchkins you have! Looks like everyone had a really good time.

Linda Harding said...

Such gorgeous little kiddies! Some of my best memories are of when my dad would load me, my brother and our kneeboards up, and take us to the beach in the late afternoon for some seaside fun. This brought back those memories, thank you!