My dear friend Fiona, from Raindrops and Daisies graced me with an award. Fiona has one of those blogs that reaches out and captures your heart and interest from the very first read! Treat yourself to a delicious reward if you haven't visited her lovely Irish Blog. Thank you Fiona for the very thoughtful award! You are so very Irresistibly Sweet!
Awards, as lovely as they are, each have their own unique set of rules or practices. This award says I must tell you seven things about myself and then pass the award on to seven other bloggers. Here goes...
1. My voice turns deep and hoarse when I drink whiskey, sort of Lauren Bacallish.
2. I love to swim...miles and miles of swimming.
3. I've worked in many fields all so I could be at home as much as possible with my kids;
I've been a Dental Assistant...earned my PHTS doing this=Putting Hubby Through School; a Pre-School teacher; a floral designer and for fourteen years I worked in the Undergraduate Admissions Office at a major university in our state.
4. I won my first sailing regatta at the age of 12. We had a water spout on the bay on one of the days of the regatta...I was terrified but we still had to complete the course.
5. I am a night owl...as are most of my siblings. We don't often get to indulge our time clocks but given our druthers we'd be up late.
6. I think the fog on Cape Cod is magical...it literally bounces and tumbles.
7. I have had three major back surgeries.
I will be honest, I deleted number seven several times. I don't often write about my back as I don't like to have it define me. It has limited so much of what I now do...that I prefer to leave the subject in a closed box not open to discussion. I appreciate any kind thoughts but please no comments on the back. It's just my way of explaining why I don't do some of the things I used to or like to do.
On to the significant seven....this is the hard part. I don't know if any of my selections are 'Award Free' blogs and if you are I apologize. All of you are free to put this award into practice or not. But I do feel all of you are Irresistibly Sweet...so in no particular order:
1. Odie at The Simple Life. Odie always has a positive and thoughtful way of looking at life. I know I am in for a treat any time he has a new posting. Go see for yourself you'll be happy you did!
2. Angela at Parisienne Farmgirl she has a lovely blog about family, farming and life.
3. Linda at The Squashed Tomato writes about all things cooking and life in South Africa. Also the daughter of a lovely blog friend...
4. Desiree at Driftwood Ramblings you have never seen a more beautiful garden or lovely tales of South Africa. Des is a lovely person and writer.
5. Tom at Shady Dell Music and Memories, music for your soul and for your memories. Tom is one of the most thoughtful bloggers on the planet and has a pulse on the music industry that is uncanny.
6. Laura at Special Treats...I'm over the moon about this young lady and her blog. She has loads of information on healthy living, fantastic recipes and my son had the good taste and sense to marry her.
7. Nicole at First House On The Right...a blog full of design, fashion and lovely pictures...Nicole always has something new and interesting to present.
So there you go...seven or so things you may not have known about me and seven wonderful blogs to explore. If you haven't signed up as followers on my seven choices, I suggest you GO. RIGHT. NOW!
Thanks again Fiona and as always to everyone...