Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweethearts



This is a Sweetheart of a deal! Claudia from The Story bestowed an award to my blog called Liebster Blog. I was told Liebster is Sweetheart in German, thus...Sweetheart Blog.  Claudia is a real Sweetheart in any language, and her blog is definitely one of my favorites, which is another definition listed for liebster. Claudia has lovely and thought provoking postings, a wordsmith in the best sense of the word. If you have not had the pleasure of reading The Story, don't delay...give yourself a present today!


The Liebster Award is meant to connect us even more and spotlight new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. (That was pure plagiarism from Claudia's posting). My apologies Claudia, but you said it so well!


Every blogging award usually is accompanied by a set of rules. This award is no different...it has five rules. Easy-Peasey:


1.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2.  Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.  Post the award on your blog.
4.  Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet - other writers. 
5.  And best of all - have fun and spread the karma!


So in alpha order:


La Tejana...Shelly is a writer with a heart as big as her home state...Texas. You'll laugh, cry and be inspired.


Raindrops and Daisies...Fiona writes enthusiastically of her family's life in Ireland. It's full of lovely photography and delightful stories.


Simply Memories and Musings...Kathi is a woman well travelled. She lives life graciously, while striving to come to an understanding of some of its sad mysteries. 


Still Crazy After All These Years...Karen keeps me laughing and entertained with an honest outlook at life. Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!


Vintage Visionary...Amy a designer with heart and freshness in style. You'll love her tales of life in the design lane and living a newlywed's life of love and fun.


I think I've clinched this deal! Much love and appreciation to Claudia and to all my recipients for being Sweethearts in my world of Blogland! In case you haven't seen it on a globe recently, Blogland is a country of our own creation and citizens with kind and thoughtful hearts.

19 comments:

kneesandpaws said...

You are indeed a sweetheart! I totally agree:) Congratulations on this award and thank you for sharing other sweethearts with us. I always feel your sense of excitement and love of life in your posts. Thank you also for the kind comments you share. I love the concept of Blogland as a country of our own creation.

Shelly said...

Sush, you are so very kind. What a lovely thing to do! I look forward to continuing to develop my blogging abilities by following in the footsteps of wonderful bloggers like you. Have a peaceful, relaxing weekend, my friend-

Shady Del Knight said...

Shelly is very deserving of this award, Sush. I'm thoroughly enjoying her blog and, of course, yours. I'm absolutely positive that Shelly will have hundreds of followers in the very near future.

Sush said...

To ALL My Sweethearts...

I wish I had not had to limit the number of recipients to five...there would have been a list of many if I could so choose. I tried to select bloggers that have so much potential but fewer followers. I cherish each and every blog I follow, I hope you all know it..

Hugs~

Chatty Crone said...

Congratulations you deserve it!

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Sush,
Thank you for your kind comments on spots and Wrinkles.

I had not heard the phrase "easy-peasey" in ages, so i smiled when I saw it in your post.

Congratulations on winning the sweetheart award. :)
...Marsha

Kathi said...

You are gracious and kind. I always appreciate your thoughtful posts and insights.... Thank you Sush... Blessings in abundance are wished for you...

Sush said...

>Jenny...I am looking forward to hearing more about your class for home schooled children! The writer/illustrator class sounds wonderful. I eagerly peek to see if you have a new posting!

>Shelly...we need more educators like you and Jenny in this world. Thank YOU for all the excitement and care your bring to kids!

>Tom...I couldn't agree with you more! Shelly's postings each have a unique story...

>Sandie...thanks, it was a thrilling honor!

>Marsha...thank YOU for your kind words and I do often date myself with easy peasy sort of words! You are the 'Bees Knees'...lol!

>Kathi...you have such a sincere searching soul, I feel compelled to do deeper 'musings' of my own after visiting your blog! Congrats!

Sweet Tea said...

So glad you stopped by to participate in "Good News Friday".
I only happen to know what "Redneck Wine Glasses" are because I saw them in a store last week. Sooooo cute! Talk about whimsy!!

Claudia Moser said...

Great picks :) some will definetely become my usual read :) Glad you enjoyed it!

orchid said...

Oh, Congratulations on your SWEETHEART award♡♡♡
Yes, I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness of your comments for me.
Lots of love and Hugs xoxo, to my Dear friend, Orchid.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Sush,

Thank you so so much.

I am delighted to be given this award, you are so kind.

I have a lot to learn about blogging and am learning step by step (might take me quite a long while) but you have always been so supportive and kind with your comments.

I love your blog and reading about your life.

Thank you again for this (undeserved) award.


Fiona x

Thisisme. said...

Congratulations on your sweetheart award. You are such a sweetheart to all your blogging friends, so this award is really appropriate for you. I agree with you, Claudia really is a wordsmith, isn't she?! See you again soon.
Diane.

Odie Langley said...

I fully agree with Shady Sush regarding Shelly. she has captured my attention and seeing there is a post from her really excites me. She is certainly deserving of the award. Have a great rest of your weekend and the coming week.
Odie

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats and thanks for the blog suggestions!

karen said...

Well as usual I'm late to the party! Thank you kindly, Sush, for the award (my very first!) and for the kind words and support. This totally made my day, and I so appreciate you sending some new friends my way - as well as giving me some great new blogs to read and follow! Each one opens a door to a new view of the world, and I find it fascinating how different we can be as well as the many things we have in common.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Congrats and well done. I think this was a great "sweetheart" idea of an award.

Life 101 said...

Hey Sush, I checked out the blogs you gave awards to and signed up on the ones I wasn't already following.
Thanks.
Rick

Ninny said...

Hi Sush! After reading your post, I had to go and read all the other blogs, too! What fun! Anyway, you were supposed to tell me something about yourself in your comment when you asked me the question. But, you can play the game on your blog, too! I might learn something about you!