Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Were First...

Oh my dear Trey...you were the first to introduce me to the wonderful joys of being a Grandmother! You captured my heart first...what joy just seeing your smiling, handsome face brings to my heart! Seven, yes, SEVEN wonderful years since we first met. I am so blessed.
We enjoyed a delightful party at your house yesterday! This year you and Lily celebrated your birthdays that follow each other at your house! Mom and Dad had a wonderful back yard BBQ planned. Mother Nature decided to make your Lucky Seven birthday even more remarkable...she sent Hurricane Irene to mark the day! No worries, Irene was just huffing and puffing gently near your house and we had a gentle rain that didn't keep anyone from being in the party mood! The grill was sending out a delicious smoky scent into the drizzly air...
And your Dad had lots of siblings and Pop on hand to help...
Inside Mom had set the scene for a lovely party...


Plates of cupcakes for you and Lily...chocolate for you and pink for Lily...umm, mmm!
We ate a great meal...and then it was on to the main event...Presents!
You climbed up on your birthday seat and started to unwrap...
What did you get, Trey?
So many fun gifts...




And Uncle Dan and Aunt Laura scored a big surprise with this gift...Whoa!
Happy Birthday was sung...you...
and Lily...blew out your candles, and then everyone was up and....


outside to see just what Uncle Dan and Aunt Laura's gift does...Uncle Dan sets it up...
You and Peter are ready to rock and roll...
Wow!
I think you had a winner there, Trey...Uncle Tim raised the 'roof' when he raised the gun...
I think I know what to get Uncle Dan for his birthday...
Trey, you and Peter hold down the fort...Peter's the next birthday on the grandchild list...
I'll be your party hearty pal anytime...you started early finessing your party moves...
So, seven years,  Lucky 7 years later and you're still going strong! My Cool Birthday Boy! 
You were the first grandchild and you've led me right down the road to joy and happiness...I love being a grandmother...I love being YOUR grandmother...Happy Birthday and...
Loves~Loves~Loves~

20 comments:

lyndylou said...

aww happy birthday Trey. Looks like a great party.

Sarah Pearson said...

More lovely pictures :-)

Happy birthday, Trey

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Great to see your happy family photos.

Happy Birthday Trey.


Fiona

Ellie said...

Happy birthday Trey.
Looks like he had an awesome day. I love the look of excitement on their faces on birthdays.
Another great post.

Thisisme. said...

Another beautiful post with lovely photos, on the joys of being a grandma! Aren't we just the luckiest people in the world?! Happy Sunday my friend.

Desiree said...

This has been another wonderful birthday post in which I have enjoyed sharing, Granny Sush! What a dear little chap! Happy 7th Birthday, Trey!

Shady Del Knight said...

Trey, I'm sure you already know this but you are a very lucky boy to have Sush as your grandmother. Reframing a hurricane as a special birthday surprise was brilliant. I'm happy to know that the storm didn't amount to much in your immediate vicinity. It looks like that Nerf Blaster was the hit of the party, especially with Uncle Dan. So happy birthday to Trey and to Lily and I can't wait to see more pictures of Peter when his big day arrives. Your family is blessed to have you at its center, Sush. Happy Sunday, dear friend!

Shelly said...

You are building such wonderful remembrances for them with this. I love it! Happy birthday to Trey!

Claudia Moser said...

Happy birthday Trey, lovely post for you from your grandmother!

Christine said...

Seven year olds rock! I should know. I taught that age for 23 years. Great family photos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sush! I liked your photos and the blogpost. I am glad you guys could make it to the party! Thank you for my presents and for all of the fun we had at the party!

Thanks for all of your friends who said Happy Birthday... That's cool! It sounds like I am famous on my birthday!
Love,
Trey

Belle said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely grandson Trey! What a blessing children and grandchildren are! I'm so glad the hurricane didn't ruin the party!

Life 101 said...

He looks like a rock star.

karen said...

Oh, such a cute little boy! He looks like fun with a capital "F"! Being a grandma is great fun, isn't it?

Sweet Tea said...

I love family birthday parties - they are wonderful!! Happy Birthday to your birthday cuties - so glad Irene didn't mess up this special day. Bein' a Grandmother is absolutely "The Best!".

Yiota said...

Happy Birthday to your grandchildren! They're adorable!

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

How sweet, Happy Birthday (belated) from London, I hope you had a fantastic day! xo

Sush said...

>To all my dear friends...thank you for your lovely comments! The weekend was a busy one as you could tell! Between birthdays and Irene and trying to mark those special days with postings I'm late with gratitude. I do enjoy and appreciate all your sweet and kind and generous comments. It's a nice little nation we have going here...small happy world!

Loves~Loves~Loves~

Leah Moss said...

you have such a lovely family. AND what a lucky boy to have you as a grandmother!

xo
Leah

Glenda said...

So happy you came over to my blog for a visit Sush. It seems we have one more thing in common. I also have three grandchildren and I am wild, crazy in love with each one of them.

Katrina was such a life changer for the whole of the USA - it made us realize how vulnerable and fragile we are against life's storms.

So glad you love Holden Beach. We've owned two ocean front homes there over the years, but got tired of worrying each time a storm came through, so now we're not on the island, but close enough that we can hop in our little beach car and be on the beach in five minutes or less. It's a wonderful place - we spend about half our time there and the other time in our other home three hours away in South Carolina.

Please visit my blog anytime - I love having you drop by!