Friday, September 2, 2011

Three Coins In The Fountain

Oh, I'm pretty sure there were more than three coins thrown into the fountain on this day! We shared a late lunch date with my son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons to celebrate the return of school days. The boys had gone shopping with their parents earlier in the day for back-to-school supplies. We were enchanted with tales of backpacks and new shoes and markers! 

We met at one of their and our favorite places to dine. This restaurant has a large menu selection. Soups, salads, burgers or a dinner entree are all part of the fare. The main attraction however is the bakery. They bake these huge long cakes in oodles of flavors and sell them by the slice. It is a highlight of the visit, (and a good way to while away the wait for your food) to peer into the bakery window case at all the selections. Choices include red velvet cake, coconut cake, un-birthday cake, strawberry shortcake cake with your choice of either yellow or chocolate cake with the strawberries and cream filling. My husband loves the carrot cake and they have lemon cake and peanut butter chocolate cake, chocolate toffee cake...death by chocolate, oh the list really is endless. We bring the cake home to enjoy for later as the meal is so very delectably filling! 
If the weather is nice we dine al fresco, but this was a late August day so we dined inside. After the meal we headed out to the courtyard to make wishes in the fountain and enjoy the lovely sunshine. Trey and Peter enjoyed splashing the water as it burst from the fountain and tried their very best to spray everyone in our group! 
Boys will be boys. Their Aunt Elise was ready to play Auntie Mame and contribute to the fun. Coins were flowing out of her purse and into their warm and eager hands!
Trey was very busy using his skills acquired on the baseball diamond...
I love fountains and piazzas...but I think Peter could have used his own sunglasses!
The air is always lighter and cooler around the fountain.
Yes, I do delight in a Sunday afternoon with my loved ones.
And I truly love noting life's milestones...hope you find a fountain and make a wish!
Loves~Loves~Loves~ 

29 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh Sush that's a great blog. Took me back to when my girls were that age and the exitement of going back to school. I only have 1 at school now and she is in her final year and the excitement has definately dwindled lol.
Sounds like you had a great day and that restuarant sounds lovely. All that cake MMmmm. I love cake.

Sush said...

>Ellie...It is a wonderful time of year...and the final year is an exciting one with all of its mysteries that await and the goodbyes to happen. And their cake, I'm lucky it's not a quick drive to that restaurant, lol!

Sarah Pearson said...

Wait, did you say peanut butter chocolate cake? I wish England would catch up!

Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon Sush :-)

Shady Del Knight said...

I very much enjoy your writing. Sush. Visiting your blog is like taking a love bath. It's wonderful to see more of Trey and Peter and other members of your special family and to know that you shared an enjoyable outing. When I was their age I liked nothing better than to play and splash in water. There's magic in it. Memories are born of it. Seemingly inconsequential moments like the ones captured in these pictures can stay with us all our lives and help to define us. Strong families make a strong America.

Shelly said...

Oh, my- I think I gained weight just reading the list of the cakes...They sound luscious.

It really warms my heart to see the great pics of your family. Family is such a treasure.

PS- I hope there were no waiters with cute Jamaican accents...

Shady Del Knight said...

Shelly - GOOD ONE!!! (LOL)

jabblog said...

What a lovely way to spend time. Throwing coins in the fountain is so magical for children.

Sush said...

>Sarah, I'm thinking England has some delights to share...!

>Tom...now you are making me cry! We are a wild and crazy bunch this group of mine. And we do know how to have fun, water brings out the best in us!

>LOL Shelly, I am never commenting again on anyone's accent...famous last words!

>Tom...I'm wondering what your PA accent is like??? hmm???

>Janice I agree, it is almost as magical as leaving them on railroad tracks to be smooshed by trains!

Sush said...

LOL, I meant the coins, of course!

orchid said...

Dear Sush,
Lovely pictures and fun throwing coins!!!
"celebrate the return of school days", how nice for you to see the school kids before studying days for them to start.
Wow, what a variety of choices♡♡♡
"huge long cakes in oodles of flavors and sell them by the slice" Oh, makes me wish to try the slice!!!
Thanks for the comment on my post today. Well, I stumbled with the word "oodles". Haha, here is the one example that only one word makes me hard to get the meaning. At first, I wondered what kind of flavor it was p;)
LOVE, your friend xoxo, Orchid.

Sush said...

>Orchid, you are advancing by leaps and bounds with English...I am in awe. Thank you for your kind words, my dear friend!

Shady Del Knight said...

Sush wrote:

<< LOL, I meant the coins, of course! >>

Whew! I just breathed a BIG sigh of relief! (LOL)

Christine said...

What a fun day you all had. Looks like you had a beautiful day.

Sush said...

>Shady...just in case Child Services ever reads my blog! Clarity is of the essence!

>Christine...The day was extremely pretty, but a tad toasty, and definitely lots of fun, thanks!

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a lovely way to spend a Sunday - your grandsons will remember and treasure those memories. I wonder what they wished for as they threw their coins in.

Claudia Moser said...

Oh, carrot cake, how I love the taste! By the way do you know a good recipe? I failed to find one till now! Great photos!

Belle said...

Red Velvet Cake. Even the name sounds delicious! I used to love to take my grandchildren to fountains and let them make wishes and throw coins. It is such fun. I always made a wish myself.

lyndylou said...

Those cakes sound divine! And I love nothing better than throwing coins into fountains. Great pics.

Barbara F. said...

That really looks like a fun day in a beautiful spot. That bakery sounds like a dream! xo,

EmptyNester said...

Such a fun day! Thanks for sharing the fun!

Sush said...

>Pat MacKenzie...I've often wondered what they are wishing for myself, but I never ask 'cause if you tell your wish might not come true!

>Claudia...I do have a good recipe for carrot cake, I'll try and find it for you!

>Belle...Yes, I've heard from my family members who've tried the red velvet cake it is delicious! And I always make a wish when tossing coins in the fountain!

>Lynne...The cakes are sinfully divine....hugs~

>Barbara...the bakery is in house at the restaurant and will sell the entire cake, although I've heard they can cost around $80, now THAT is sinfully rich!

>Empty Nester...and a fun weekend is about to begin....hope y'all are ready..LOL!

Life 101 said...

Very nice. Your hubby should have been with Jilda and me last night. We had great cake.
We now have a sign "Will Play for Food"
Rick

Chatty Crone said...

My very favorite pie in the world- Chocolate peanut butter pie! sandie

karen said...

Did someone mention lemon cake? There's almost nothing more fun than little boys and a fountain or some kind of water. It looks like it was a wonderful day for memories.

Sush said...

>Rick...after hearing about your last venue, I'd be putting those words up in neon lights, lol!

>Sandi..you and several of my daughter-in-laws are fans of that duo!

>Karen...Right on all counts...in fact my son told me today he loved the posting so much he's ready to go back this weekend!

Thisisme. said...

Great post - children just love playing with water, don't they. Lovely to see those super photos today. They do look like they're having fun. Lemon cake would have to be my favourite! It's wonderful to make all these occasions with photographs and with the digital cameras, it is so easy these days. Lovely post my friend. Hugs.

Sush said...

>Diane...making memories with loved ones, I think that is what I love best! Thank you for your kind thoughts and hugs returned!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I love this happy post Sush and your photographs are great.

Have a good weekend

Fiona x

Sush said...

Oh Fiona...you always make me feel sunnier...you have a good weekend as well!

Hugs~