Thursday, October 13, 2011

Delivery Day

The kitchen remodel was not supposed to be beginning, but the death of my range has us out of step. We HAAAD to get the new range or there would be a revolution in progress instead of holiday celebrations. Decisions had to be made...divisions and reallocations made of money and time. We still are finishing up the master bedroom and bath reno, eek! With that being said we now have two projects going at once. Cart before the horse as the counters need replacing and cabinets new doors. As the saying goes if you want to make the Lord laugh, make plans...!


I have to admit, even though the time I now spend in the kitchen is a speck in time equal to the size of WhoVille on Horton's flower, I was all a-flutter when I spied the delivery truck rumbling up our court! I put a lot of time and research online and in the stores reading about and inspecting up front and in person ranges and microwaves. I also was inspired by ABC News to Buy American if at all possible. Let's get our countrymen back to work, people!


Thankfully the rain we've had for the last day and a half had waned and I was able to let my dear old black lab/english pointer play in the backyard while the install was in progress. She is a dear but would have been all up in the installers' and the oven grill! Holden is sixteen years young and a tad intolerant of a change in her routine.


Out with the old...and in with the new! Ummm I hadn't planned on taking these pictures but Elise stopped by to see the new gadgets and was on her handy dandy i-phone with her brother in Virginia and well, one thing led to another to a few pictures. I was thrilled to show my son via photographs the newest addition to the house. I hope you enjoy the view as well:
Why, yes...that IS a General Electric microwave! With our daughter's birthday and Thanksgiving around the corner I think we will be microwaving with the best of them! Bubbling broccoli, sweet potato crunch=holiday ecstasy! 


One install down, one to go! YES it's another General Electric product...this shiny tribute to Detroit steel was the next appliance to make a grand entrance...Voila!
 That's a warming drawer at the bottom for all the casseroles, pies, rolls what have you, during the holidays. The center grill on the stove comes out and can be replaced by a griddle/grill! To quote Candace Olsen...'How Divine'!
I had so much fun swapping recipes with one of the installlers. He proudly told me he makes his wife cry his cooking is so good! He claims to be a real chef and after hearing his pork rib recipe I believe he is! I was given a tutorial on the operation of this beauty before he left. The oven is a convection oven and I've never used one before. I will say the baked meat sauce and spaghetti my husband requested had melted cheese with just a perfect shade of gold. I used the stove top and the convection oven to make his favorite recipe and was as excited as a teenager on her first date! Add in a fresh spinach salad and a loaf of french bread and we had a real deal meal!


I plan to be cooking and baking for a while now...I have to enjoy the bliss while the bloom is still on the rose. I'm thinking the honeymoon may not last as long as it did when I was a twenty something with new kitchen appliances. But maybe I'll 'reignite' my love for cooking...or not Ahahahahha!
Loves~Loves~Loves~

20 comments:

Crystal Pistol said...

How very exciting! And just in time for the Holidays. Perfect.

Congrats on your new addition. :)

orchid said...

Hello, Dear Sush.
Wow, what an exciting remodeling and I always admire the way kitchen is SO well equipped.
Your kitchen looks SO nice and ready to cook for any recipes♬♬♬
Haha, I enjoyed the story of one of the installlers. I wish my hubby has interests for even making easy fried egg or onigiri(rice-ball).

Hope you will be able to enjoy your cooking better in the renewed kitchen♡♡♡ Hugs to you, Orchid*

Ellie said...

Oh it's really exciting to get new things isn't it. Your cooker and microwave look very stylish.
I remember when we got our kitchen re-done I couldn't stay away from it - now it's waned a wee bit. Once my bathroom is finished I'm sure it will be the same in there ha ha.
Enjoy all your baking and cooking.

Sarah Pearson said...

Kitchen stuff doesn't interest me as a general rule, but oooh so shiny :-)

Shelly said...

Oh, Sush, it sounds heavenly! And although it wasn't planned for now, I'm sure you'll be very happy that it will be complete in time for the holidays. My next oven is going to be a convection oven, so I'm glad to hear you like yours!

Shady Del Knight said...

My cooking makes my wife cry, too, Sush! (LOL) That's why Mrs. Shady does all the cooking. She's actually a superb cook. When she was a girl her father owned one of the most popular restaurants in Baltimore and she learned the art of cooking and presentation from him.

I recognized one of the laws of the universe at work in this post of yours. Every time you allocate a large sum of money for an elective home project it always results in the need to replace a costly essential item like a range, refrigerator or car. Your kitchen appliances are very handsome and I know you'll be delighting your loved ones with special holiday meals and treats this season!

Pat MacKenzie said...

It looks like you're all set for holiday cooking now. I've never cooked with gas - would be afraid to start at this stage.

So nice that hubby is on the mend now - one less worry for you, and something to celebrate at Thanksgiving, along with your new appliances.

Pearl said...

So the Thanksgiving meal will be a SNAP this year!

:-)

Pearl

EmptyNester said...

Well, now you've gone and done it. You've caused me to covet your stove. And microwave. And renovations. LOL

I'm so glad you posted the pictures! We will be doing some of this (hopefully before old age sets in) and I like to see what everyone else has discovered out there!

Laura said...

So exciting! Can't wait to put this to good use at Thanksgiving :) Love you!

Darlene said...

Nothing like new appliances to make you want to cook up a storm! I'm getting hungry reading about melted cheese, and spaghetti, and spinach salad, and french bread...it all smells so good!!! I've been meaning to come and visit you for a while, but, my path trails resemble that of an ant, especially in the blogosphere. (Ok, in real life too, but I didn't want to admit it.) All that to say, I'm glad I finally made it over, and, if I remember to hit the follow button when I'm done, I'll be following you.

Barbara F. said...

I was always a "Kenmore" gal myself but this time when I put in a brand new kitchen I went with the GE Profile line, and am very happy. I do enjoy cooking and baking when I am in the mood, living solo has its perks sometimes, as I can decide if and when I want to cook, but these appliances make it a lot easier. I love stainless, too. xo

Gawgus things... said...

Look at that! Wow! Looks like you'll be cooking up a storm with that :)

amy said...

Tyler and I would love to have these in our home! I am sure you will throughly enjoy them! I also love the mixer in the photos as well. I actually put in a request for one of those for Christmas. I wish you happy holidays in the coming months ahead and have fun with your new toys!!!

karen said...

We remodeled our kitchen about 4 years ago, and I can truthfully say that after weeks and weeks of no kitchen and eating out, we were VERY excited to begin cooking again with everything shiny and new. It's not worn off yet. I just love my new kitchen and I think you will too. We also have the convection oven. My husband knows how to work it, but I still haven't learned. *sigh*

Thisisme. said...

Very exciting, having your kitchen re-modelled, and I love those two appliances. Nice that you are all excited about cooking up lots of things, especially with the holidays coming up. Enjoy!! All that talk of food has made me very hungry!!

Odie Langley said...

I would be thrilled to get new cooking appliances like that and would never want to leave the kitchen. Cooking has always been a joy to me and I hope you regain some enthusiasm as well.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Odie

Chatty Crone said...

Oh you lucky ducky - that looks so beautiful - I hope you really have fun - cook - and enjoy it.

Mine is 26 years old and still working :(

Thanks for buying American.

sandie

Desiree said...

It all looks marvellous, Sush! A really professional-looking kitchen...now, you'll just have to spend more time in there!

Kathi said...

My kitchen gives me so much pleasure! Yours looks wonderful! We got a new cooktop, microwave and double oven and convection last year and I still love it! We got a warming drawer too!! Love it! Edd wanted a warming drawer because he likes his food and plate to be hot so we use it a lot! I don't JUST use it for company. Almost every day! Enjoy! It looks so good!