Saturday, October 15, 2011

Travel Bear

My oldest grandson, grandchild...Trey, had a friend he brought along with him last weekend for his extended visit with Pop and Sush. 'Travel Bear'...his classroom has a box of stuffed bears you can bring home for special occasions. The aim is to have pictures taken of you and your Travel Bear taken in places you have been together over the weekend. I was informed they had a UNC stuffed bear he could have taken home but it smelled 'kinda stinky'. I'm glad he made the wise decision to choose a different bear I don't think team allegiance was worth stinkin' up the place. Besides it was a UNC bear, not an LSU bear anyway. I'm just sayin' hear Trey...!

So Trey and Travel Bear had pictures taken at Pop and Sush's house----


Notice if you look very closely someone needs his two front teeth for Christmas this year...!

Peter had his picture taken with his LSU tiger...now that was a sweet smelling Tiger!
We brought Travel Bear along with us for dinner at Fat Daddy's!


And next morning bright and early we woke Travel Bear up to head out to the Farmer's Market to see all the pumpkins. He was very involved in the decision of which pumpkins were selected! Look at the size of some of those pumpkins...the prices for those pumpkins equalled the size I must say...!
Peter was as enthralled as the rest of us with all the pumpkins, gourds and scarecrows! I think some of those pumpkins were larger than Peter!
A quick rest on a bale of hay and we were headed back home...each of the boys had two pumpkins. Success!
This weekend Sush is going back to get pumpkins for her house...and some delicious fall apples! Sadly, I won't have Trey, Peter or Travel Bear for company. This is such a pretty time of year, don't you think?

Loves~Loves~Loves~

12 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

I love autumn, and also the smells and tastes!

Sarah Pearson said...

Good grief, those are some big ole pumpkins :-)

Shady Del Knight said...

These pictures make me miss Pennsylvania, Sush. I remember fall as a delightful season up north and pumpkin displays like this were a common sight. In Florida the fall weather doesn't arrive until the official start of winter and even then it's just not the same.

That Travel Bear is cute. He reminds me of the Nittany Lion mascot which emanates the sweet smell of victory season after season!

Thisisme. said...

Great photos of Trey & Peter - oh, and not forgetting Travel Bear of course!! I can't believe all those pumpkins - aren't they great?! We just don't see them like that over here in England. Just a few in the Supermarkets! Yes, I agree, it is a wonderful time of year. Hope you've having a lovely weekend my friend.

Shelly said...

I love those Travel Bears! Your grandbabies are darling! You all must have had such a grand time together. Thank you for giving those of us who live in fall deprived areas a taste of what it really should be like. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sweet Tea said...

Great looking grandson and Travel Bear...It won't be nearly as fun when you go back to shop alone!

Belle said...

I love autumn and pumpkins too. There is something about them that is so cute. Lovely photos.

Odie Langley said...

Like Shady I miss Pa. as well and the awesome farmers markets they have there. Some time soon Linda and I will just have to make the 6 hr drive back to Lancaster County. Those were some really great pictures and very large pumpkins. Glad you had such good time with the boys.
Odie

Desiree said...

I love your stories, Sush and I know those two little cuties are going to appreciate them, too, someday, when they've grown big and strong and can look back on all of these blog posts :)

You are such a wonderful Granny! Thank you for sharing this bit of innocent magic with us all...loved all of the photos!

Can't wait to see what you're going to do with your pumpkins!

orchid said...

Oh, Dear Sush.
Lovely grandchildren of yours and 'Travel Bear'!!!
And I'm always amazed with the big
pumpkins; while ours are so little like me p;)
Thanks for the lovely pictures, my friend, hoping you are having nice Sunday, Orchid*

jabblog said...

Autumn is beautiful - crisp air, wonderful colours, the last rich flowers of summer hanging on.

Darlene said...

I love the colors of autumn, especially big piles of bright orange pumpkins. Great story of your grandsons and their travel bear. My daughter has a Flat Stanley that she still takes with her whenever she goes somewhere new.