Monday, November 21, 2011

In My Spare Time

Hi Friends...
That was a post title filled with sarcasm...I've just returned from a beautiful weekend spent enjoying myself at my daughter in love Erin's, Baby Shower. It was beautiful and I will be filling you in and showing off pictures of the pretty Mom to be very soon. 


Sadly, the Piper must be paid and I will have to take a few more days off getting ready for Thanksgiving. I may not be able to comment, but I promise in my spare time I do read your blogs! I will return and comment when I feel I can give you my best attention! 


We are having a small group of lucky thirteen on Thursday to celebrate, chow down and be grateful for all of our blessings. Friday we will be celebrating my son's 30th birthday a bit in advance. His loving wife is gifting him with a trip to Hawaii for his birthday so for the real deal in December, they will be swaying to tunes on a ukelele in grass skirts. Or not...but something fun and tropical, I'm sure! Friday we will also be celebrating our grandson Peter's birthday at the same time as he is used to co-sharing the day with his Unka Daniel and who is going to disappoint a soon to be four year old. Right...not his Sush!


Whew...so I'm now going to get some rest from my fantabulous weekend and gear up for the fun-filled week ahead. 


Before I say goodbye, I humbly ask you to say some prayers for one of my dearest friends who is fighting a very brave battle with breast cancer. You would be in awe of this valiant, bright and loving spirit. She lives every day with Stage 4 cancer and the road is getting long. I believe in the Power of Prayer and all the wonders it brings.


Blessings to all...


Loves~Loves~Loves~

17 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, a trip to Hawaii sounds like an amazing birthday present!

Shady Del Knight said...

I will pray for your stricken friend, Sush. I'm very sorry to learn of her battle. With a large family like yours there's always something going on, some special event to celebrate. Your happiness is mine. Although I have missed reading your intelligent and witty comments on my blog and others I completely understand your time constraints. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, dear friend Sush!

Ellie said...

Oh my a trip to Hawaii - how wonderful, lucky chap.
I hope you have a wonderful - if not busy - week. :))
Sending good thoughts and wishes to your friend. I'm sorry she is having to fight this awful battle.

First House on the Right said...

Some exciting news and some sad news in this post Sush. Wishing you and your family and friends the very best. Nx

laurie said...

wonderful present wow, lucky lucky!! I'm adding her to our prayer list, I too know the power of prayer,

Shelly said...

I am praying for your friend, Sush, and your family gatherings sound wonderful! Enjoy every minute!

Bouncin' Barb said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is truly unfortunate. I will send all my healing vibes to her. Your holiday sounds much like mine. Wednesday my son turns 30 and Saturday my Granddaughter Destini turns 9. So lots of birthdays and leftovers I see. always good to hear from you. Enjoy your week. Hugs!

Thisisme. said...

Hi Sush. We will miss your comments, but understand that it's a very busy time just now. Your weekend sounded lovely and you have lots of wonderful family things coming up this week. May I wish you and all your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings and love to you.

Kristina said...

My heart breaks for you and your friend with her battle of breast cancer. I know so many people right now with cancer, and it makes me a bit sick. :( I will absolutely be praying for your friend!

Sounds like the holiday is crazy for you! Once thanksgiving happens it's crazy for us too! Thanksgiving Thursday, Family get together Saturday, next weekend is our anniversary, then sister-in-laws birthday, the next weekend is when our friends are coming out to Celebrate Christmas, the next is my best friend's birthday and my mom's. Then it's Christmas. Then my Sister's Birthday. Then it's my nieces birthday, and somewhere in there my dad is coming to visit. Hahah. Thank goodness it's only like a month and a half of complete chaos right??!

Sounds like your son is going to have a great time with his wife! :)

Pat MacKenzie said...

Sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you. Happiness tempered with the sadness over your friend's struggle. Isn't it nice that the two emotions go hand in hand, balancing each other. Take time for yourself during your busyness.

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your time! Smile!

karen said...

How wonderful - a trip to Hawaii! That is my Happy Place. Have a wonderful holiday time with your family and the many planned events. And I will remember to pray for your friend so that she will find some relief and peace and hopefully some respite from disease this holiday season.

Belle said...

It is great to have a big family and be busy with them. Have a wonderful holiday, Sush.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay take off for Thanksgiving - I do understand. Happy Turkey day. And I'll add your friend to my prayer list so let us know how she is doing. sandie

yaya said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope your friend can beat that nasty cancer and with prayers from all over I know it can happen. Enjoy your fun family and don't worry about blogging..we're not going anywhere...we'll be here when you get back!

Denise J. Hughes said...

I'm praying for your friend.

Hugs.

Carol............. said...

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.