Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sister Surprise

This posting is a tad out of order as to when it occurred but it was one of the most joyous days I've ever witnessed. This is a posting about my daughter in love Erin's Baby Shower that was the week before Thanksgiving. Erin was well aware she was being gifted with said Baby Shower. We all were counting the days to when we could travel to the D.C. area where she and my son Scott live and work. Erin and Scott hosted my husband and I, our daughter Elise and our son Tim and his wife...another of my daughters in love, Lisa. We had a lovely visit and enjoyed every second spent in their beautiful home. However the highlight for me was this one moment at the Baby Shower...


Erin's two sisters have moved to Utah. Her oldest sister Shana had been hoping to surprise Erin and attend the shower. Beyond that I knew nothing, which is just as well because I get so tongue tied trying to remember what I am allowed to tell and what I'm supposed to keep secret. On the morning of the shower I of course still did not know if Shana had made it in for her surprise appearance. We drove to the home of one of her hostesses in two cars. Erin drove the first with Lisa riding shot gun with her. Elise drove the second with me riding shot gun and another daughter in love, Laura riding in the back. Laura and Daniel drove up from Richmond earlier in the morning for the shower. They were leaving later to attend a wedding in Baltimore. The 'boys' all stayed at home with Scott doing manly man things...shopping for dinner necessities for when we returned!!! Love that those boys all cook!!!


 I digress...to the shower we go!
Shana had planned to just appear during the 'mingling' portion of the shower. It was a wonderful idea and executed to perfection. In fact she was so inconspicuous Erin didn't realize Shana was standing next to her. Erin was looking at her phone when she looked up at the semi circle gathered around her and said, "Why do I get the feeling everyone is looking at me"? Well, Erin...we were! And then she looked to her side and well a picture does say a thousand words:






Shana you pulled your surprise appearance off to perfection! Surprised much, Erin? Oh yes! Did I have tears in my eyes as well? Oh yes! Was there a dry eye in the house? Probably not!

After the Mom to Be calmed down a bit we were invited to dine on the amazing luncheon her hostesses had provided. Look at the 'turkey' created out of fruits and veggies!
It's worth a closer inspection...
Our resident 'foodie' Laura was busy checking out the delectable creations....






The cake was 'sweet' in so many ways, the onesie with the HB for Holden Beach was a hit...


After enjoying the delicious luncheon it was time for presents...I chose a few of the moments as the gifts were many and very thoughtful...











Erin's two nieces Samantha...
And Olivia are so excited for another cousin!


It was a lovely shower, the hostesses were the mostesses! As one of five sisters...and a sister that lives away from her own sisters, the highlight of the day remains for me and I hope I don't speak out of turn for Erin...this moment!
The partying is done, the nursery is all set up. There's just one little delightful detail missing...
our sweet baby granddaughter is due at the end of January. I truly am on pins and needles with anticipation! Blessings indeed await and abound.


Loves~Loves~Loves~

27 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Love the photos, they show so much emotion and happiness. Loved the little umbrella :)

Ellie said...

Love this post, so much happiness and it shows in your lovely pictures. I'm glad you all had such fun. :)

Shelly said...

Oh, I got tears in my eyes at the pic of the sisters reuniting! Wonderful, wonderful! Thank you for sharing, dear friend Sush!

Thisisme. said...

WhAT a beautiful family you have there Sush, and what a wonderful, wonderful surprise, that you captured you perfectly in that photo!! A new baby due in the new year. How exciting. A new baby in the family is always such a blessing, and a real little miracle. Hugs to you. (Loved the turkey made out of fruit by the way!).

laurie said...

what a beautiful shower, lovely photos and i would be excitied too! Best wishes from Canada!

Holly said...

How cool! Looks like an awesome baby shower. :)

karen said...

Awww - that brought tears to my eyes! What a lovely surprise! And the whole shower was beautiful.

Odie Langley said...

Not a guy gathering but I enjoyed all the pictures.

Erin H. said...

Reading this made me want to cry all over again!! What a special day it was!! Thanks for such a sweet post! Can't wait to see you when baby girl gets here! Love you! :-)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, this is purely magical!!!! What a fabulous shower--and decorations--and cake--WOW!!!! So, they are in D.C.? My son is in D.C. with his wife and children too...They live in Tacoma Park, M.D. actually.
Happy Who Dat Holidays from me,
Cindy
XO

Life 101 said...

Neat post GirlFren. The look on Erin's face was priceless.

On another note. I know our teams meet on in January, but y'all have already beaten us once and I fear it could happen again. Those Tigers look unstoppable.

Sush said...

Claudia...Thanks dear one! Hope you are feeling better yet still taking it easy! Hugs~

Ellie...Oh it was sooo much fun and really so touching to see those two sisters unite! Hugs~

Shelly...I cannot look at those pictures and not tear up! Hugs~

Diane...Thank you dear friend! It is amazing to watch this family grow. Christmas next year could be a wild ride! Hugs~

Laurie...Great to see you travel across the border to visit us, lol! Quick flights these internet ones are...eh? Hugs to you!

Holly...Oh yes it was the very best of baby showers! Thanks for stopping in...and hugs~

Karen...Yep tears every time I look at that reunion! As a Gramma yourself you know how wonderful these babies are! Hugs~

Odie...LOL, like my husband he passed on the Shower but did enjoy the pictures! Hope you are doing fine and your hand is healing quickly! Hugs~

Erin...Love you so much dear heart and you are going to be the best Mom ever! Can't wait to meet my lovely granddaughter! Loves and Hugs~

Cindy...Wow is right! Those gals went all out and it was truly magical! Thanks for stopping in dear gal! Maryland huh? Who'd a thunk it? Be a New Orleanian wherever you are! Hugs~

Rick...LOL on any given day so I AM NOT BREATHING EASY! We Tigers know what Nick Sabin can do...sigh...

Belle said...

What a beautiful surprise! The cake is amazing and the food looks so good. The pictures reminded me of my two daughter's baby showers. They are such happy occasions.

Sush said...

Belle...the cake was amazing! The same baker that made this cake made the Grooms cake for their wedding! She is amazing! Hugs~

Sarah Pearson said...

Those pictures say it all. How lovely :-)

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a lovely way to celebrate a new life. And nothing like a sister to share it with. You have a lovely family.

orchid said...

Oh, Dearest Sush.
You have shared us wonderful pictures and like Diane said you captured beautiful moments♡♡♡
Blessing to all of your family, xoxo Orchid*

Sush said...

Sarah...Yes, the pictures spoke volumes! Thanks...

Pat...It was a lovely day and having her sister there was 'icing on the cake' for Erin!

Orchid...Hello Miyako...thank you for taking time out from taking care of your Dad to drop in! They were very beautiful moments indeed!
Hugs~

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to you on your grandbaby-to-be! what a wonderful surprise for the mom!

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! i really appreciate it! hope you and yours are blessed thru the holidays (and in January!)

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh sweet friend.....my children are grown and long gone....I never had a baby shower...but I loved every minute of living vicariously through this one!

xo

Jo

Gawgus things... said...

You girls in America sure know how to throw a party! I can just imagine what a wonderful surprise this must have been for Erin!

Holly said...

Oh, this is so wonderful and the pictures are so great!! Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your granddaughter!! Isn't that so wonderful! What a beautiful mama too!
Blessings!

Sush said...

TexWisGirl...I do love all the lovely photos you share! Merry Christmas to you and yours~

Jo...Thanks for stopping in...it's been quite a few years since all of mine have lived at home. Our youngest fled the nest last year. The shower was lovely~

Emma...Yes it was a lovely party and Erin was floating on air all weekend! Hugs~

Holly...I can't believe we are soon to have another grandchild...this will be four and our second granddaughter. Excitement abounds~

kneesandpaws said...

This is such a joy filled post! You have an amazing family. I especially like the way you name your daughters in laws daughter-in-love. And, how exciting that a new baby is on the way!
I was amazed at your story that you shared about your career on my blog. Thank you for telling it. I feel bonded to you now in a way I didn't before. I'm so glad that you are safe and at home now.

Sush said...

Jenny...I truly loved my job...but not the nightmares and worry entailed in traversing to and fro...
Hugs~

Catherine Ensley said...

It's all wonderful -- I was especially drawn to that marvelous cake. Wow. It's a work of art.

Sush said...

Catherine...The cake was as delicious as it was beautiful!