Friday, December 16, 2011

We Interrupt This Program

Hi dear friends. I'm going off for a few days. My date for the last 40 plus years and I are going to the mountains to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We will be touring the Biltmore House for the Candlelight Christmas Tour and the next day touring it again for the 'behind the scenes' tour. Lots of excitement and memories for us as we honeymooned on the other side of the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tn.
 Young and poor as Church mice...we had a wonderful week those forty years ago. Forty years later some things have changed; some not. NONE of the changes worth mentioning. I shall not lie!
Enjoy yourselves as you prepare for Christmas and spend time with loved ones. If you are not spending time with family and friends this year, take a leaf from my Grandmother Bet's page and go volunteer at a soup kitchen, visit the elderly...anything so you don't feel sad. When Bet wasn't able to visit with any of her relatives during the holidays that is just what she did to occupy her time. It's amazing how grateful we can be after helping those faring worse than ourselves!

Hugs and love to you all. I'm getting giddy with excitement...and this bride has more packing to be done!

Be young...Be foolish...and Be Happy!

Loves~Loves~Loves~

19 comments:

Shelly said...

What a wonderful time you are going to have with your love! I'm sure that will be a tour never to be fogotten. Love the pics!

Your Grandma Bet was a very wise woman, indeed. Her advice is spot on.

Have a terrific trip, friend!

Shady Del Knight said...

Happy 40th anniversary, dear Sush! I hope you and your date have a terrific time, make some new memories, and return to us safe and sound. You are absolutely right about volunteering. Helping others in need is a sure cure for the holiday blues. Be young, be foolish, be happy matches my philosophy and my writing style, my wise, witty and wonderful friend! Bless you all!

Thisisme. said...

I love that Sush. "Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy!" and why not indeed. Sounds like a pretty good attitude to life if you ask me. Happy 40th (Ruby) Weddding Anniversary to the both of you, and I hope you have a wonderful trip. You were almost a Christmas bride then!! Sounds like a wonderful place for a visit. What a great idea about volunteering to help others if you, yourself, are alone or away from family at Christmas time.

orchid said...

Dearest Sush,
Happy 40th anniversary♡♡♡
Oh, how wonderful being togather long time. Have a marvelous memorable trip♬♬♬
Like Dian said, I also love "Be young...Be foolish...and Be happy!"
Me and Hubby only got ourselves, but we try to hve ife together like that, I hope!!!
Blessing to you, xoxo Orchid*

laurie said...

beautiful post, have a wonderful trip, very clever gramma!

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your travels, and I would like to wish you Merry Christmas, enjoy your time!

Barbara F. said...

Happy 40th Anniversary, Sush! You look so young, it is hard to believe you are married that long. Have a great trip and happy holidays. And great advice from your grandmother, too. xo

Bouncin' Barb said...

What did you do? Get married at 5? You don't look old enough to be married 40 years. Congratulations. I'm so happy you guys are going away. Enjoy it and take some pictures!! Merry Christmas!

LOLA said...

Congratulations! We only made it to 31 years and 11 months. I now think it's a miracle if people can stay married, so I'm very pleased for you.

Love,
Lola

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas to you! And happy anniversary 40th anniversary to you!

Enjoy your time off!

sandie

Crystal Pistol said...

How wonderful, Sush! I love those pictures of you and your husband. You are both so good looking. :) Have fun! 40 years of marriage is a miracle these days. Congratulations on that gift. :)

Mrs. Tuna said...

40 years is an amazing milestone. I'll be at 30 next spring and I too am still crazy about him. Congrats

Belle said...

Have a wonderful time! Merry Christmas to both of you.

TexWisGirl said...

wow. a very very happy anniversary to you!!!

Sarah Pearson said...

Have a wonderful time, enjoy yourself and come back refreshed :-)

Ellie said...

Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary to you. Hope you have a fantastic time when you are away.
PS I love Bouncin' Barb's comment about you getting married at 5. She is right you know :))

kneesandpaws said...

Congratulations on 40 years of married love! I loved the pictures and the poem. I'm so excited for you that you got to see Biltmore. This is my ninth year in North Carolina and I still have yet to visit that amazing place.

Elizabeth and Kyle @ Love Is the Adventure said...

I hope you don't mind but I'm totally going to steal your saying - "Be young...be foolish...and be happy!"

I hope you had a wonderful trip and time reconnecting and celebrating!

EmptyNester said...

Are you sure it's been 40 years? Because if so, y'all must have gotten married when you were 10! Hope the trip was fantastic!