Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blessed with Grace

Lovely news to report today...perhaps some of you remember this summer I announced our son Scott and daughter in love Erin were expecting their first baby. Tuesday, January 24...Grace entered our lives! Momma and Daddy are floating on clouds and Grace is a curly headed blue eyed love. (Notice the lovely curls her Momma has). Scott is one of our adult children that lives out of town so we aren't able to hang out at the hospital and hold and cradle that sweet little bebe in our arms. Sigh...
Our youngest son Daniel lives only an hour and a half from his brother and sometimes works in their area. Today was one of those days so he was able to be a support system and family member there to share in his brother's joy. Dan was a wonderful brother, son and uncle and sent us pictures. Of course we had some from the proud Pappa as well !

My husband and I got all teary eyed remembering how it was yesterday those little ones were 'our' little ones and how very fortunate we are with all of our lovely grandchildren. We are blessed with Grace in so many ways. Today we were blessed with Grace Elizabeth. I loved you before I met you, Grace.


 I thought I'd share a his and her photo of Grace and her Daddy....I'll bet you can tell which one is which.


Is it Grace?






Or is it Memorex?


Thank you Erin for our sweet little Grace. I KNOW you are in heaven and you've never looked lovelier...oh well perhaps on your wedding day! Scott you will bring all that Grace could ever wish for in a father...that's just who you are.


Loves~Loves~Loves~

28 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, she is adorable! :)

Belle said...

What a happy day! It is so wonderful to bring a new life into the world. The name Grace is beautiful and so is she. Congratulations!

Crystal Pistol said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family you have. Babies are such a blessing. There is nothing more pure in this world. Grace is a doll. :)

Claudia Moser said...

She is such a lovely baby, happy for you :)

Sarah Pearson said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful. I hope all the family are doing well.

Ellie said...

Oh congratulations to you all. Grace is a wee beauty and I love her name. You can't beat getting a new baby.

Shelly said...

Happy day! Congratulations! Grace is simply amazing. What a beauty she already is. She has such a rich life ahead of her, with the family she is born into. And yes, I do think the genes run strong on your side of the family. I know you must be dying to see her!

Shady Del Knight said...

<< I loved you before I met you, Grace. >>

That says it all.
That's who you are, dear Sush.
That's what love really is.

Congratulations to Scott and Erin, to you and your entire family, on the arrival of precious Grace. She's adorable!

Kathi said...

What a happy time for all of you! Congratulations! Beautiful....

Bouncin Barb said...

Congratulations Grandma. Great post and nice pictures. Boy she does look like him as a baby. Wow. So happy for you all and I love the name Grace. It was my Dad's mother's name.

laurie said...

congratulations, beautiful post,

Karen Whittal said...

Congratulations, I am going to be a granny for the first time in April and I cannot wait, luckily my daughter lives just a few minutes away, so I am really blessed

Thisisme. said...

Oh, happy happy day dear Sush!! A new granddaughter - how wonderful. Little Grace Elizabeth is just so beautiful. A new baby in the family is always such a truly happy event - another little miracle, and she is healthy. A blessing indeed. Many congratulations to all of you :)

Sweet Tea said...

What a day of thanksgiving for your family - a new baby!! She is adorable and I know you will be glad when you can see her "in the flesh". I am sooooooo happy for you. Congrat's on the new Granddoll!

yaya said...

Congrats to your family and that little girl is beautiful! Wow, all that hair is amazing! Hope you get to go see her soon.

Aimee said...

Typical of your bro in law when I showed him the 2 pics he said, yep the both look like 2 newborn babies. Grace is beautiful and I am proud to her Great Aunt! I need to get to BC and see all these bebes. Miss you tons!

Cindy Adkins said...

Congratulations, Sush!!! She is beautiful and this is such HAPPY news!!! I'll bet you are sooo excited!!! What a precious blessing from heaven, indeed!
XO
Cindy

karen said...

Congratulations all around! She is lovely, just like her mother, and like her grandmother. It must be killing you not to be there!! Darn these kids who live out of state! It's amazing how we really do love them before we know them - because we're mothers, and we just KNOW.

Life 101 said...

Congratulations girlfren. That is one beautiful child!
I just want to pinch her little cheeks.
R

Ina in Alaska said...

So sweet and adorable.... Congratulations to all!!!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Congratulations to the happy family. There's nothing as special as a new baby in the family - they bring so much love with them. I hope you get to visit her soon so you can cuddle her and smell her precious baby smell.

By Nela said...

Fotos muy tiernas.
Manoli

lyndylou said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it when there is a new baby in the family. Congrats to you all XX

kneesandpaws said...

Grace Elizabeth is an angel from heaven. Congratulations Sush!

orchid said...

Wow, Dearest Sush.
What a lovely gril she is!!!
Happy for you to have another wonderful grandkid Grace Elizabeth.
Look at all these happy faces♬♬♬
Blessing to all your family, xoxo Miyako*

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Congratulations! What a lovely and sweet addition to your family. Sending you and your family the very best wishes. Bisous xo

Christine said...

What a happy time in your family. I just learned our youngest son and his wife are having #3 this summer. Praying for a girl since they have two boys aready. Me? I don't care.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Well well Sush, this is just such fantastic happy news and so wonderful to read.

Adorable baby girl with a beautiful name.

I am so so happy for you and your family.

Congratulations xxxxxxxx