Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Friends

I do believe one of my if not my very favorite things about blogging is the many friends I've made this year. When I first started blogging my audience was limited to close family and friends. Slowly, very slowly as I ventured out to other blogs the world grew so much larger yet closer. Contradicting as that may sound I'm sure my fellow bloggers know exactly what I mean. I've made so many new friends, and I use the word in all its definitions. I have a special group of friends I never would have met if not for the world of blogging. I've learned so much by visiting blogs written by people living in other parts of my country and people living in other parts of the world! Cultures, religions, music...the list is endless of the new discoveries blogging has quietly or sometimes with a crescendo managed to enrich my life.

I've been in awe of friends and yes I do view you as my friends, who are dealing with life's hardest trials. And doing this with grace. Sometimes it requires a lot of determination and tenacity. A persistence in dealing with the medical community that is found in the hearts of mothers and spouses and children. It may take screaming and foot stomping to capture the attention of those we need. But they persist and plough through the 'junque' until they attain what goal they are seeking. Sometimes grace doesn't come in with a quiet voice but a lot of thumping and bumping and in your face stomping. And then I've found by reading the blogs of my friends facing these moments it may come quietly with much soul searching and prayer. I pray for all of you and honor those you love every day.

I've met authors, musicians, poets. I've met people who are struggling to achieve goals of every kind. The world is so full of artists with open hearts and minds. I do smile so often during the day remembering a phrase, a tune an experience shared. Life is fuller now than I have ever found before. When trying to explain this new found love and my new found friends to someone who does not participate in this medium I feel like I fall short. I did have a lifelong friend say, "I can see you love this, your face lights up when you tell me about blogging". What can I say? You all do make me a deeper, happier person.

Today I want to take a few moments to thank one of the members of my community. Rick Watson, author extraordinaire and creator of Life 101. A great blog read each and every day and author of Remembering Big. This book is a read aloud to your family. A find yourself a quiet spot and enjoy, read. It's stories from Rick's life that are humorous, inspiring and grab that book of tissues touching. Rick and his lovely wife Jilda, blog writer of her own creation, Transformation Information, are also singer/songwriters. If you want a lovely listen... they make beautiful music. Follow their blog and find their music.

I mention all this as a background to my congratulations to Rick on the huge win his team achieved last night. I'm sure most of you have gathered by now I am a fan, some might say rabid...I say so and why not, of LSU. Rick is equally proud of Alabama, the Crimson Tide. For those of you living under a log deep in the woods and may not be aware of the game...last night was the BCS championship game for the football title of National Champion. And with resounding, humiliating success Alabama beat LSU hands down. Rick was very gracious the last time our teams met so I would like to make sure I acknowledge how soundly and undeniably his team won the latest match! Roll Tide...you are now the nation's number one champions and deservedly so.

Waxing poetic about my own team...we won 13 we lost one...not a bad year all-in-all!

I would also like to take a moment to thank my latest followers. I look forward to visiting with you, finding out what makes your world go round. Welcome and if you get a chance check out my other friends...my blog buddies. They all are great reads and great lives to follow.

Loves~Loves~Loves~

30 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

You are such a wonderful person, what an amazing post and I am happy to have met you as well!

Thisisme. said...

Hi SUsh. What a lovely post, and I agree with your every sentiment. Like you, I really do think of all my bloggy friends as 'real' friends. I think it's wonderful how everyone is so caring, supporting and encouraging of each other. It has certainly opened up a whole new world for me, and it has been a real privilege to meet all these new people from all parts of the world, including you my dear friend.

Shelly said...

A true highlight of my day is if I see a post by you or a comment by you, Sush. You represent the very bestg of the blogging world, one I wasn't even aware of 6 months ago.

You are such a talented writer. You write with such warmth, and yet such profoundness. I am always blessed reading your posts and viewing your pictures.

Thank you, my friend!

And, last night, since we weren't hooking horns, we were rootin' for your home school!

Shady Del Knight said...

I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll
- John Sebastian

I agree, Sush, that those who have not experienced the joy of blogging will never know what we know and feel what we feel. I was carrying around a lot of anger and coming from scarcity until I found catharsis through blogging. Now I am coming from abundance. My life is rich and full now that I have found exciting, intelligent, enlightened, articulate friends like you. It's an exquisite feeling to give unconditional love and get it in return. Thank you, dear Sush, for tuning in to my words and music and memories.

Bouncin' Barb said...

I know exactly what you mean! I feel the same way about my blogging family. Thankfully, Rick and Jilda are included in that family too! This was an awesome post!

yaya said...

Connecting with other bloggers has been the biggest surprise of this...what is it? Hobby, past time, ..well, I've found it a great time of my day to read blogs like yours and many others. I too feel connected to people all over the world and consider you all friends. Many times when I talk about blogging, people just don't understand and even think it's scary to share information with people we've never met. So far, I think this is so much better than facebook! Your post was so true and I consider you a good bloggie buddy!

Chatty Crone said...

You took the words right out of my mouth - bloggers are the best! sandie

Ina in Alaska said...

I know what you are talking about. Every word rang true with me. I may not meet many of my blog friends but consider each a friend nonetheless! xo

Sweet Tea said...

I agree with every word. I have friends who truly "don't get it" when I talk about my Blog friends. I'm thankful for the bloggy friends I'm blessed with - that means Y-O-U!

karen said...

I love blogging too - and it's hard to explain to a non blogger how special all of your blogging friends are. I feel as if I really do know so many of you. And I guess I do live under a log as I read on my daughter in law's Facebook page something about "Damn... Roll Tide." I had no idea what she was talking about but she is a Florida girl and keeps up on things in that neck of the woods. So now I know! Sorry LSU lost, but congrats to Rick!
Thanks for being such a great bloggy friend!

Belle said...

Rick and Jilda are such a special couple. I love their blogs too. I feel very blessed to have made close friends through blogging. You have all made my life happier and more interesting.

Crystal Pistol said...

I know exactly what you mean about falling short when trying to explain the connections experienced with blog friends to those who don't blog. It really can't be explained. I too am richer for being able to read about the lives of others.

I appreciate all the wonderful comments you leave for me regularly! You are so encouraging and kind. Thank you!

I enjoy reading your writings and learning about your family and personal history. We can learn so much from each other! :)

lyndylou said...

I agree whole heartedly with this post and what a lovely post it was. I have to say, it helps me knowing that you guys are cheering me on and supporting me all the way. Thanks x

kneesandpaws said...

Dear Sush,
What a beautiful thing to write. I also feel incredibly enriched by this medium and the people who participate in this level of sharing. It has changed the way I perceive people. I can be in the grocery store, among perfect strangers, and suddenly sense that there is a whole life of experience within that person that we cannot see on the outside. It leaves me with a deeper respect for humanity; a tenderness for people of all ages and backgrounds. When you visit me or when I am here, I feel a vibrant connection, full of love and light. You understand me on a level that even my closest family members do not.

EmptyNester said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the friends met via blogging! Who knew?! It's just the most wonderful place to meet new friends who soon become old friends that you never want to lose touch with!

I didn't watch the game- which is a shocker as I tend to watch every football game available--but I did hear about it. You are so gracious. Not sure I could have been had one of the teams been mine. LOL

Karen Whittal said...

I agree sometimes it is hard to believe you have not actually met the people they become so part of your life.

Darlene said...

Great post, dear Sush. You said it so well. I certainly never expected to feel so connected with other bloggers when I first started. It's great to be considered one of your friends, dear friend.

Betty Jo said...

A beautiful post. I so agree, I've made so many wonderful friends since blogging. Rick's blog sounds wonderful. I will definitely check it out.

Marie Soderberg said...

You seem to be such a warm and nice person, I agree with you that the social media blogging make you connecting people and its just marveloous

Jenn June said...

I love this post! Aren't blog buddies the best! I just found you through Shady Dell and I'm looking forward to following you. Nice to "meet" you here in blogland. :)

jabblog said...

I agree. Meeting so many different people is such a joy.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sush,
Oh gosh, Girl, you KNOW I was watching the game!!! Who dat!!! If you get a chance, scroll down to my birthday post because we went to Landry's. I'd never been there, but you can see the lake and the boats!!!
Thanks so much for your birthday wishes, my friend!!!
Fleur de lis hugs,
Cin

Bethe77 said...

Sush I must agree with you as well as all of us do. The friends we have made through this wonderful blogging world and community. It is a wonderful plcae. In the short year I have been bloggging I have meet so many wonderful people like yourself.
Love the highlight you did Rick's on 101 blog. Seems you two have a team battle going on. What fun!
As always it is so much fun to travel around to all these wonderful blogs and meet new ones as well.
Many blessing into the new year.
Blessings

Gawgus things... said...

It's incredible what the world of blogging opens you up to isn't it?! Like you, I've met so many wonderful people since I've started blogging, one of them being you of course :)

Ann said...

What a lovely post...
A wonderful tribute to friendship around the blogworld.
I am happy to have met you here
and thanks for the friendship.

Oh blogging may be so time consuming,
but oh so fulfilling because of the friends we get along the way:)

romance-of-roses said...

Dear Sush,
This is a beautiful post. As i told Dolores, one of my blogging friends, we are all friends and sisters here in blog land. We feel for each other and when we have health issues, we pray for each other. So happy to also consider you my friend. Hugs...Lu

Holly said...

I will have to go check his place out. I agree about the bonus of blogging with the amazing women we get to meet and call our friends. ditto, my friend!

Life 101 said...

Hey Sush, I've been slow to catch up on my blog reading.
Jilda had a stomach bug that threw her for a loop and I didn't do much of anything for a week.
I am flattered and humbled by your post.
Earlier in the year when I reviewed all the good things that happened last year, you and my other blog buddies were on the list of things for which I am thankful.
R

Desiree said...

Oh, boy! Who could possibly top what you've already said or what all the many wonderful commenters ahead of me have added to the mix? I couldn't agree more with ALL of you! I loved this post, Sush. You are one of the sweetest regal souls on the planet!

orchid said...

Oh, Dearest Sush.
So sorry that I have missed this wonderful post of yours!!!
Yes, All have said and I remember my struggling days early spring last year and you are really kind for me♡♡♡
Blessing to you, xoxo Miyako*