Friday, January 20, 2012

Lasagna For Dinner

I can't take credit for the recipe as it is my sister Aimee's. Her daughter Jenn was visiting my son Scott and his wife Erin. They all made this one evening and it became a hit in that household. This fall when we visited Scott and Erin for Erin's baby shower Scott made the lasagna recipe. It is soooo good and not very complicated.


You use no boil lasagna noodles, either hot or sweet Italian sausage. Chopped fresh basil mixed in a large container of ricotta along with oregano, salt, pepper, egg, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. 


For the sauce cook one onion chopped and three cloves of garlic and a pinch of hot pepper flakes with the sausage. When browned add chopped tomatoes, stewed tomatoes and more mozzarella and parmesan cheese as you build the layers of sauce, noodles, cheese filling and grated cheeses in a glass 9 x13 pan. Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree F oven covered. The last 20 minutes remove the cover and bake until golden and the sauce is bubbling and cheeses are melted. Serves and army. I am not kidding.
Toasted garlic bread, a nice green salad and you've got dinner.


I'd give you Aimee's email so you can thank her, but she would not be happy with me. You know her...my sister that doesn't like to be called Baby Aimee. I don't ever call her that you know....


Loves~Loves~Loves~

23 comments:

Crystal Pistol said...

that looks so wonderful! I've been eating low carb since the first of the year so I'm a positively DROOLING! :)

Belle said...

I love lasagna and any other kind of pasta. It looks wonderful!

Claudia Moser said...

And the recipe? :)

Holly said...

YUM!!! That lasagne looks amazing!!!

Thisisme. said...

Hi my friend. Hee Hee to Baby Aimee!!! I love Lasagne and that recipe looks just a little bit different, so I will add it to my recipe pile. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a lovely weekend and also hope that you are now fully recovered, healthwise. Hugs.

Shelly said...

Oh, my carb deprived body is screaming out! It's 4:30 AM and I am craving lasagna. I will have to try this recipe some time~ thanks!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hello, dear Sush! I am happy to submit this comment in hopes that my name will be drawn at random in your first annual All the Lasagna You Can Eat For Life giveaway! Please notify me immediately if I'm the winner so that the daily shipments can begin posthaste.

Ellie said...

Oh that looks delicious - I LOVE lasagne but don't make it as there are 3 people in my house that don't like cheese - mad fools.

kneesandpaws said...

I want to eat the whole pan!

Life 101 said...

OK, I'm mad. Lasagna for dinner and I didn't get an invite.
Sure you might have assumed that driving 9 hours to get there might be a little much to expect, but I'd go the distance for lasagna.

Kathi said...

Looks so good Sush.... the perfect meal.

Chatty Crone said...

Now what time is dinner? sandie

yaya said...

Looks delish! I have a great recipe that I make and take to family get-togethers. Love that meal!

karen said...

So. Delicious. You're trying to torture me, aren't you? I almost licked the screen. You have a mean streak, Miss Sush.

Holly said...

What time did you say dinner is? Wow, that looks yummy! That is one of our favorites here! I love the no-bake noodles too!
Hope your weekend is warm and wonderful!
Blessings!

EmptyNester said...

Guess what I am now in the mood for? LOL Looks fantastic!

orchid said...

Dearest Sush,
How wonderful "sisters"!!!
My husband would love her
recipe♡♡♡
I wish I loved the cheese, my friend.
Love and Lots of Hugs to you, xoxo Miyako*

Donna said...

My fav and on a diet this will be my new fav!! Thankyou Sush...and sister!!

Jilda said...

I could eat the whole pan

Aimee said...

Baby Aimee here. In all honesty this was my mother in laws recipe. All you carb folks you can replace the lasagna noodles with thinly sliced eggplant. I don't recommend whole wheat noodles. Too tough. I have also used turkey Italian sausage as well, or used half real Italian sausage and half turkey. Now let's see if I can post this comment.

Sush said...

Yay you did it! And I too have used the eggplant slices and zucchini slices in place of noodles! Add a little olive oil and umm mmm!
Thanks Aimee...love you!

Denise J. Hughes said...

Lasagna is my favorite! I have never made it though. Too chicken. I buy the frozen one from Costco. It's so funny to read your post today because I wrote a post last night about our lasagna dinner yesterday. (I'll post it in a couple of days.)

Hugs~

Pearl said...

GAHHHHH! Sush, dang it!

OK... Now I want lasagna. I'm even thinking I have all the ingredients!

Pearl