Friday, January 6, 2012

Randomnecessity

I have been really lame in trying to get back into the blog-o-sphere. I'm not sure why...perhaps it's 'cause I haven't had a lot to add to the world lately. Tomorrow is my date for the last 40+ years birthday and we will be having a birthday celebration so life will be picking up. Until then here are some random thoughts and happenings. I apologize ahead of time for the lameness but it is the necessary outcome of a very 'shuttered' life!

I finally was able to get something positive from being the big Six uh oh! While standing in the check out line at the grocery store chatting with one of my favorite cashiers I learned that the grocery has 5% off for Seniors on Thursday! Who knew? Obvs not me....but I quickly fessed up to my age and was thrilled to get the discount. Now my twenty something daughter is hoping to accompany me to the grocery NEXT Thursday! Funny how quickly my status changed from good OLD Mom to cool OLE Mom, hahaha!

I play my i-tunes on my computer while I compose my posts. Today I learned that the Pink tunes my daughter put on for me are NOT the clean ones I was used to singing along to on the radio. Who knew? I don't think I had ever paid close attention to the difference but believe me, the F-bomb is all over the place. I'm thinkin' I'm going to make sure I replace them with the clean ones. Imagine Sush playing her i-tunes while any of her precious grandbebes are over and Pink belting out her F-bombs. Horrors!

We finally were able to celebrate Christmas with the family in town on Monday! We brought our gifts to our son Tim and my daughter-in-love, Lisa's (parents of Lily) new home. There, our other son Steve, Jr and another daughter-in-love, Terri (parents of Trey and Peter) joined us. It was lots of fun and proved that Christmas isn't limited to the one day and doesn't need the decorations or tree to feel like Christmas. I am going to add to my lameness of the last few weeks and admit I thought to bring the camera, but never remembered to use it. You will have to take my word for the fact that the trio of grandkids were as adorable as ever and my grown children as lovely as always!

And now for the real lameness or should I say lateness of my life? Might as well air all the dirty laundry at once, n'est-ce  pas? My Christmas trees need to be taken down. I have Christmas decorations all over the house waiting to be packed and put away. Tomorrow we will be entertaining children and grandchildren and the house is a clutter with last years Christmas. My family's tradition is that Christmas MUST be put away by today...the Feast of the Epiphany or 'Little Christmas' or bring you bad luck.

Pray for us...

Loves~Loves~Loves~

16 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

You are no old lady, but a sweet lady :) hope you feel better!

laurie said...

you have a reason for not having rid of Christmas, I'm sure its OK, no bad luck, thats funny about your daughter wanting to come shopping, and Pink, I know isn't it awful, I listen to her as well, lol, shame on us, take care,,

Shady Del Knight said...

There's nothing lame about you, dear friend. You're as sharp as they come. Happy birthday to your date for the last 40+ years! I love how you always refer to your spouse in that manner. I also appreciate your creative use of language in calling the ladies that you sons married your daughters-in-love.

I was just watching our local news and saw the Blessing of Waters ritual, part of the annual Epiphany observance. A couple dozen boys dove into the cold Gulf water at Tarpon Springs, each trying to recover the cross and receive the priest's blessing.

If you're 60 you're a spring chicken compared to old Shady. I'd give anything to turn back the hands of time and be 60 again! Enjoy your youth, dear Sush, and watch out for those F-bombs.

Barbara F. said...

I am glad to see a new post and that you are feeling better. I cannot believe you are the big six uh-oh, no way! you look too young! xo

Kathi said...

Each year is different for me it seems. Last year I waited till this week in January to put away Christmas and this year I put it away two days after Christmas.

Your post is far from lame. I enjoyed it. I smiled at how you are now cool ole' mom due to the grocery discount!

And I'm glad you view your grown children as lovely...

Beautiful ...

EmptyNester said...

So glad you are feeling better and were able to have Christmas at last! I absolutely believe you about the grands and your own kids! I just know it was fantastic!

Sweet Tea said...

I ALWAYS enjoy your posts and am glad to "see" you today. Lame? Never!!

Ellie said...

Oh it is nice to hear from you again. I liked your blog today - I love how you wrote you are the big six uh oh - I must remember that one - it made me smile :))
We put our decorations down on tuesday - I was getting a wee bit fed up of them by then, even though I always think Christmas lights and trees are very cheery looking.

Shelly said...

I do hope you are getting completely well! I know it must feel great to have gotten to spend time with your kids and grandkids, even if belated. Happy birthday to your sweet husband tomorrow!

And, I'm with you. I hate those e-bombs!

Shelly said...

I hit the wrong letter of the alphabet. It should be f-bombs. Not sure what e-bombs are.

yaya said...

I'm glad you had the Christmas after the Christmas good cheer...and the fact you were sick during the holidays is bad luck, so don't worry about the decorations still sitting there, you've already used the bad luck card and it's all good now! So enjoy the family and have a great weekend!

Belle said...

I'm so glad you finally got Christmas with your family. It's no wonder you haven't gotten all the decorations down yet since you have been so sick. My grandsons used to listen to rap music that had terrible words and yet I loved the music and the guy's voice!

Ina in Alaska said...

I will catch up to you - age wise- in July!

Whenever I have nothing to say I just don't do a post (like today for example).

Have a great weekend!

karen said...

I'm so glad you're up and around again! I am like you - I have a wonderful camera that I more often than not forget to use... Enjoy those little ones, and I'm pretty sure that being sick buys you a week's time on that bad luck thing - n'est-ce pas?

Desiree said...

So good to know life has returned to normal for you two! Definitely no fun being sick and housebound during the holidays! I'd never have guessed you are 60, your youthful spirit shines so brightly! Big hug xoxo

Thisisme. said...

Hi there my friend. Who's have thought that our Sush had hit the big 6 - Oh!! You're still a spring chicken compared to me, and as long as we stay youthful in the way we live our lives, that is the main thing. Age is just a number. After all, some people are born middle-aged, whilst I still love to be silly!! So glad that you were able to finally have your Christmas with the family.