Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heaven Sent...Meet Our Grace

Well dear friends many of you guessed correctly. I was off visiting our newest granddaughter and her loving and rather tired parents. I am so immensely proud of all three! Erin was a wonder and a trooper making sure Grace was brought into the world safe and sound. What hard work bringing a baby into the world is! Scott, I am told (and truly would know without out being told)...was a rock and great support for Erin. Grace is so sweet. What can you say about those sweet little rosebuds of life, petals still furled tight? You know exactly how they looked before they were born by the way they hold themselves. I love newborns...sweet, vulnerable tiny bundles. Newborns just grab hold of my heart, never to let go.

We travelled first to our son Daniel's and daughter in love Laura's home...they live along the route and it's always wonderful to visit in the beautiful home they have created. Each visit brings a new surprise of their hard work and talent in decorating and renovating. Our daughter Elise had headed up earlier in the evening and met us there. Eager sister, sister in love and aunt, ya know? Early the next morning, once the sun appeared a tad over the horizon...okay, okay I'll admit it was more than a tad, a morning person I'm not...we caravanned to visit the happy home of Grace.

Grace smiles. No, really she smiles...she is very alert when she is awake and looking all around. She loves to be held and rocked. I guess all newborn miss that rocking and snuggly feeling they had before being born. I love to talk with her. I try to talk low and softly so she has to really listen to hear me. It's quite fun and she really concentrates. I have a repertoire of lullabies learned at my Mother's knee and could rock and sing to Grace forever.  As I did admit before....early riser I'm not but I do come in handy for the late night, wee hours of the morning shifts. Erin takes care of Grace's nutrition as only a mother can do. I love to give her a break and rock Grace back to sleep. I remember how tired a new mother is. It's a job no one can do but the mom and it starts with that hard job of giving birth. Then you go home low in sleep and a baby that needs your care. It is a good reason they give that job to the young.

But more on the loveliness of Grace, her hair is dark and plentiful. Erin is going to be french braiding that babies hair before we know it! Weighing in at 6 lbs. 15 ozs. at birth, a very petite package of love and beauty is our Grace. A sweet personality, I sometimes see a glimmer of her wonderful sense of fun.  Grace responds to everything around her with those curious eyes and a sweet look of love. I know she is as lovely on the inside as she is on the outside. A very important personality trait in our family's estimation.

It was so very hard to say goodbye when it was time to go. I might have stayed longer but we had pressing matters to attend to at home so with tears and sadness headed down the road to home. It's my first experience with a grandchild not living close by, not fun. I find my hands and heart getting twitchy to hold that sweet baby several times each day. We have so much going on at the homefront for the next few months I don't know when I'll be heading back. Oh dear...I'm gonna be one twitchy mess for a while I guess! So indulge a very proud Mom and Grandmother while I share some photos of our dear and beautiful....
                                                               Grace Elizabeth

Proud Pop...his smile speaks for him
Aunt Elise keeping Grace content 
Smiling for Aunt Laura...
Brin protecting the newest family member, good girl!
Whatcha doin' there, Dad?

Why Grace likes her bath!
That's really hard work, all that loving!
I TOLD you Grace smiles!
And isn't that an alert and curious baby?
Until I can hold you again my love....sweet dreams...
Loves~Loves~Loves~

37 comments:

Bouncin Barb said...

Oh Sush, she's breathtaking. What a beautiful little girl. Love that smile too. Isn't it something how a new life can bring people together? So glad you got to go. And you can be an awesome Grandma from afar. I do it! Now I'm missing my girls more than I was! Boo Hoo

Belle said...

What a truly sweet and beautiful baby! Grace is such a lovely name too. I can imagine how hard it must be to not be with her every day. Congratulations to everyone.

Desiree said...

Oh, Sush, Grace is gorgeous and you have brought her so beautifully to life for all of us out here in Blog Land! What an incredible Mother, MIL and grandmother you are. Grace is going to grow up loving you as much as you love her.

Shelly said...

What a truly beautiful baby! She is gorgeous. What a precious little smile- she's going to bring so much joy to so many lives with that smile. I'm so glad y'all got to see her, even though it wasn't long enough.

Hope the next visit will come unexpectedly quickly!

Shady Del Knight said...

Oh how beautiful she is, Sush! Sweet and innocent and ready to learn so many things. Grace is blessed to be born into such a wonderful, loving family. I can see why you hated to leave her. I love the picture of the dog standing guard over her. Thank you for sharing this new gift to the world, your precious Grace Elizabeth.

Ellie said...

Awe Sush, she is just the cutest wee baby - look at all of the lovely hair. You forget they were ever the little don't you?
I can imagine it must have been hard to leave her. You will just have to visit again and I look forward to some more lovely pictures :))

Holly said...

What an adorable baby! :) The photo of her yawning made me yawn too!

jabblog said...

Just beautiful and still all folded up and so very new. Congratulations to all:-)

Chatty Crone said...

SO that is where you have been - I have been wondering.

I guess it is okay - since you have such a great reason.

What a beautiful baby girl.

Love, sandie

Anonymous said...

Susie, Your words have inspired me to write back. Grace is beautiful, and yes, she does smile so sweetly. When my heart aches for the grandchildren, we Skype or Facetime. It is almost as wonderful as the real thing. I even taught Mason, Stephen's 5 year old, how to read over Skype. I bought two sets of books, one for each of us. I even sent him flashcards. I am the Skyping grammy! Debbie Simon

Kristina Streeter said...

Oh my goodness!! She is so precious!!

Holly said...

Ohhh, she does smile and she is so beautiful!! Something tells me she will have her momma and daddy wrapped around her finger!
xo
Holly

Life 101 said...

Get them youngun's to move closer.
Don't make me have to lean on somebody :)

Sweet Tea said...

YES! I see the smile!
How cute is that?
And all that hair just begging for a big ol' southern bow!

Barbara F. said...

Blessings to you and your family, Sush! Grace is a beautiful baby and I love her name. xo

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Sush,
She is absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations on your precious granddaughter!!!
Love,
Cindy

romance-of-roses said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely little child this is. Yes, she does smile and seems alert, wow! absolutely precious, Congratulations to all. Hugs...Lu

orchid said...

Dearest Sush,
What a GORGEOUS baby she is and happiness she brought to your family♡♡♡
It is wonderful to see these proud faces to have Grace.
Blessing to all of your family, xoxo Miyako*

Sarah Pearson said...

What a beautiful little girl she is. A wonderful addition to a very loving family.

kneesandpaws said...

Dear Sush,
Grace does smile! And wow, she is so engaged with the world around her already! What a beauty! I'm full to busted happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Susie she really does smile!! What a beauty she is which is no surprise when you see her parents - what a joy!! Can't wait for one of those sweet bundles for myself!! Love to all-Jeannette

Pearl said...

Awww! How lovely.

Pearl

Claudia Moser said...

She is so cute :)

Thisisme. said...

I saw this post on Facebook and as soon as I saw Grace's name, I just had to pop right over here via my iPhone! Oh Sush, she truly is a little beauty . All that hair , and you're right, she certainly DOES smile!! Oh dear, I bet you're missing her so much already my friend . I agree, babies are so so precious. I used to sing lullabies to Eli and Ruby, and its amazing how you bring these little songs from out of your mind! My two are growing up far too quickly, and I don't like it! Sending hugs your way.

christine donee said...

that yawn killed me!

Sush said...

Barb...I think this is the hardest thing...not living in the same city as the grandbaby. I know you must be aching to get back to visit with yours soon!

Belle...Thank you for the lovely comments! It is so hard to be away from her, truly! I hope I get to see them soon...

Desiree...Aww really it's easy to be Mother, MIL and Gramma to such a lovely group of relatives. I am truly blessed!

Shelly...I think you're right, she's gonna break some hearts with her smile! I hope the next visit comes sooner than later for sure.

Tom...I thought for sure you would notice Grace's family pup guarding her, thanks for not disappointing! She is a love...

Ellie...She is indeed a wee baby and for now I'll have to make do with pictures my kids send...sigh.

Holly....I hope you are feeling better, and yes her yawn is very contagious!

Janice...I love the way newborns are all folded up fresh from the oven and slowly start to unfurl!

Sandie...Yep I was off visiting the new one! I just couldn't get enough of her and now I'm missing her like crazy!

Debbie....We do have Face Time but honestly maybe it's cause she's still so young it's just not the same as holding her in my arms. Give my love to Stephen and Adam!

Kristina...Thanks for stopping in and I love the new look you're developing! She is a sweetie!

Holly...LOL I think she wrapped those two around her finger from the start. She is a little doll baby!

Rick...I'm hoping they may move closer but I am waiting to be told. Learned a long time ago they all have to follow their own paths! But I sure wouldn't mind if that path led here....

Deb...You know she is gonna need a big bow in that head of hair! Bless her heart....

Barbara...I do love the name Grace as well. I'm sure she will bring much grace to our lives.

Cindy...I find myself looking at that smile several times a day...Happy Mardi Gras cher!

Lu...Thanks for stopping in and checking in our newest addition to our family!

Miyako...Way across the ocean you have come to give me your sweet thoughts. Thanks for all the love!

Sarah...She brings her own brand of love and joy to our family. I can' t wait to know how she will express it.

Jenny...LOL now don't pop a gasket, but if she turns out to be half the love Elliot is we will be blessed.

Jeannette...I can't wait for your little bundle to be here myself. Your family has the most beautiful children...this is gonna be fun!

Pearl...Maybe she'll grow up and write a book! I can only hope...

Claudia....She warms my heart every time I hold her...hope you are keeping warm in Estonia!

Diane....I appreciate so much your sending me your love via the iphone. My sisters say it is quite the struggle to use for blogging. And I know exactly what you mean about them growing too fast...but your Ruby Violet is still young as is little Eli. And then you get to travel all over with Eleanor!

Christine...LOL yep, it's a killer yawn for sure!

Carol............. said...

She's just adorable...very curious eyes!

karen said...

Sush, she is just beautiful! Love all the hair and that sweet smile. I know just how you feel, having a sweet little one so far away. All five of our grandkids live out of state in Colorado and Massachusetts...and we are in California. No, it isn't fun at all, but the rare visits are! And we Skype a lot.

Gawgus things... said...

What an absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, scrumptious little girl! Could almost make me broody ;) Love the photo of her yawning - such hard work being that lovely!

Emma x

Christine said...

Grace is beautiful! Look at all that hair! Congrats to you and your family. I've got another grandchild in the making and that sweet baby will be here in August. Hope I can wait that long.

Sush said...

Carol....Thanks for stopping in! I am missing those beautiful blue eyes more and more each day.

Karen....I know it must be killing you with all the grands out of town. I love when we get the latest photos of your beautiful crew!

Emma...LOL, well if it did make you get all broody I KNOW your Mom wouldn't mind...but I do detect the almost...

Christine....Come on August! I know you are xing off the days! Congrats!

Crystal Pistol said...

this was such a beautiful post it made my heart hurt. You wrote so tenderly about this baby and your family. I could feel you from here.

This baby is a lovely little human, isn't she? Quite perfect. I loved seeing all her facial expressions. And I venture to guess she has more hair than I do! :)

Congratulations!

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a sweetheart! No wonder you ran off and left bloggyland hanging. I love nothing better than holding and cuddling newborns. Their little heads just fit so snugly in your open palm. I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of little Grace. Grandchildren have a way of making distances seem shorter than they are.

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

She's adorable and you all look so happy! That yawning photo is just too cute. Congratulations to all of your family and lots of love from London xo

Kathi said...

Oh! Congratulations! What a blessing! Your pictures are sweet and wonderful!

Jilda said...

Her name is perfect,so is she.

Holly said...

I loved your "miracle" story...just wanted you to know.
hugs!
Holy