Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A-Z Blog Challenge C = Computers

I use one everyday...a computer. What I know about how it works, what makes it run and what to do when it fails could be placed on a pinhead. As many people from my hometown, New Orleans would say, "How do it know?" All I know is I don't know. Thank goodness there are people in the world that do. My friends, the 'Geniuses' at the Apple Store take great care of my window to the world. 

I wonder what life will be like for my great-grandchildren. Will they laugh at the computers we used and wonder how we functioned with antiquated tools? Will someone move beyond the horizons of Steve Jobs and make the computers of today seem like playthings of children? I remember the computers that were available for us in high school. They were monstrously huge beings, never did I think I'd be using a computer that sits on my lap! 

The world is now just a finger click away. I have friends I visit in cyber space across town, across the country and all around the world. I'm able to 'face time' with our newest grandbaby even though she doesn't live in our same state. Computers are amazing things and everyday I am grateful for the abilities and new horizons they bring to my life. Every time I close the computer, I'm left wondering...'How do it know'?

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Big smile at this one, friend. I am just thankful they do work and they are a part of our lives. What a huge change they have brought to our lives...have a wonderful day at your Computer!

karen said...

Amen sister. Amen. I guess I'm just grateful for small miracles.

Thisisme. said...

I agree with you. Computers are little miracles really, aren't they?! (Apart from when the blips occur, of course!!). All these things that we are now able to do, just at the press of a button. I love keeping up with all the new technology, and I think it's important, especially when you have grandchildren.

Darlene said...

How do it know, indeed! You hit the nail right on the head. I'm still amazed at what all can be done on a computer.

Claudia Moser said...

Nice one!

Christine said...

Everyday I look at my technology - iPhone, iPad, desktop computer, laptop, Kindle, etc and think... How in the world does this work?!

They are great when they do work. And I think my grand kids will laugh at our old technology! My kids can't even believe I didn't have a cell phone until I was 20.

By the way, I stopped by from the A to Z challenge.

Christine@
Coffee in the Garden
In the Care of the Great Physician

jabblog said...

Yes, they're great when they work and a flipping nuisance when they don't cooperate.

Shady Del Knight said...

I am still using an old, coal-burning model of computer, Sush. "Old Faithful," as I affectionately named her, runs on a mixture of bituminous and anthracite. "C" there, a little caring goes a long way in Bloggyland. I treasure our friendship.

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm with you. I don't know how they work, I'm just glad they do :-)

Haddock said...

There is no doubt about it. It is bound to happen. Everything is going to be outdated. Kids have no idea about the valve "Radio" (but they do appreciate some of the oldies that I still listen to on the streaming radio)