Friday, April 6, 2012

A-Z Blog Challenge Letter F = Frankly Frank

Growing up with my siblings, we were told 'If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all.'  So we devised our own way of letting each other know when we weren't exactly simpatico with a word, idea, situation...anything. All one of us would have to do would be to look at the other, usually with a smile on our face and say, "Well, Frankly Frank..." and it would be known with no other words said we were not thrilled with the situation at hand. It really wasn't nothing at all, but as close as we could get without a disparaging look from our Mom.


I can leave a 'Frankly Frank' comment on any of my siblings FB site and they know what I'm saying. I can just say those same two words on my status on FB and they know how I'm feeling. Last weekend my husband had to return to the Emergency Room for additional procedures after his surgery on Wednesday. We were there for 12 hours, most of the time spent alone wondering what was going to happen next. When they finally decided to admit him as an honest to goodness patient, 'Frankly Frank' were the two words that came to mind.


Good news to report is my hubby is home, the surgery was a success and he is feeling better each day. So right now 'Frank' is off the hook and life is beginning to look better. If I ever leave a 'Frankly Frank' as a comment on your blog, it will mean I am in agreement with you in a situation less than wonderful. Hope I never find the need, but at least you will now know what the heck I'm trying to say!


Hugs~

14 comments:

Thisisme. said...

Wonderful explanation there of what Frankly Frank means!If you have a lot of siblings, I guess it's a really good idea to be able to use something like that in any situation that you're not happy with. Your poor hubby (and you of course!) has been through the mill a bit lately, but I am so glad to hear that he is home and on the mend again. I pray for his continued healing my friend. Take care.

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Glad he is home in time to mend for Easter.

Have a blessed Easter week.

Shady Del Knight said...

Your "Frankly Frank" reference reminds me of terms I have used most of my life: "stable one" and "stable two." They come from jargon used by NASA and I adopted them while watching missions of the Apollo space program over the years. Upon splashdown after reentry the space capsule was considered to be in "stable one" orientation if it landed upright in the water and the astronaut could open the hatch and get out. It was considered a "stable two" situation if the module was upside down in the water and balloons had to be inflated to right it. Whenever things aren't going quite right I consider my life to be in "stable two" - not as great as "stable one" but better than than "unstable."

icedgurl said...

trekking your blog!!!

have a blessed holy week...
..TREK..

Claudia Moser said...

I am glad your hubby is better and at home, happy Easter for you and your family!

Shelly said...

I love that alliterative Frankly Frank. I may have to adopt that as my own!

Christine said...

How clever of you and your siblings to come up with that. So glad your hubby is home and doing better. I face out patient surgery in a few weeks and will be glad when I'm home and mending.

EmptyNester said...

Wish I had known something like that all these years- probably would have offended way less people. LOL

momto8 said...

Love the idea of Franlky Frank...and how perfect for this challenge.
Good news your husband is home!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Nellie said...

It's great to have your own language that way, I wiah I had siblings I could share such words with, that seem like they mean nothing but really has a deeper meaning :)

Tara Tyler said...

love your code! we had some fun sayings growing up too =)

Sarah Pearson said...

Sorry to hear about your trials, but glad hubby is feeling better.

And code words are awesome :-)

yaya said...

I'm glad your hubby is home and recouping. I hope your weekend is good and you can enjoy Easter. I loved the "Frank" words too!

Danielle L Zecher said...

I like that! I may have to start using that one. I hope your husband continues to recover.

I found you on the A to Z list. It's nice to meet you.