Thursday, April 12, 2012

A -Z Challenge Letter K = Kouzin/ Kouzen

For the letter 'K' I am going to repost a favorite topic of mine. Cousins. I'll let my post from the past explain...


Kouzin/Kouzen

An explanation of the title. Creole vocabulary gives us male and female cousins...it goes phonetically like this: female cousin: koosin/(kouzin) and male cousin: koosan/(kouzen). I grew up with my Father talking about his kouzin/kouzen very affectionately. I am hoping my children and grandchildren feel the same. I do know when they all get together I have a wonderful time watching them play!

We finally got the cousins in a group photo. Like all children and babies they of course complied with the photographer and smiled and posed on cue!
                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I've put more recent pictures of the Kouzin/Kouzen and added a photograph of our newest Kouzin, Ms Grace.  Isn't she lovely in her Easter dress?
Lily, Peter and Trey were hanging out together right before bedtime last summer at the beach in this picture.
And I'm going to share a  wonderful piece of news with my dear friends today. Lily and her parents will be adding a new Kouzin to the clan in the beginning of June. Yes that's right, Lily is going to be a big sister and we can hardly wait!
Oh boy...and they thought life was forever different with Lily...the more things change...!!!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh those blue eyes! Congratulations on the new Kouzin/Kouzen!

Claudia Moser said...

Love the words, they sounds so wonderful!

Shady Del Knight said...

Lily will make a wonderful big sister to the new baby. You are blessed, Sush! Also, dear little Grace is the most precious baby. Remember the Gerber baby? Grace would be a perfect spokesbaby!

Shelly said...

What wonderful news!!! He/ she will be such a beautiful baby, too!

karen said...

This is happy news! The Kouzin/Kouzen bunch are a group of lovelies, that's for sure. (And yes, boys can be lovelies too!) Congratulations for such a group of pure joy!

Thisisme. said...

What a super happy post. You are blessed indeed my friend. How exciting - another new baby in the family. Wow! What a dynasty you are creating!! Grace is such a little poppet. Bless!

Tina said...

I think it's wonderful when cousins can grow up together. My sister and I have alternating kids, my 15 year-old, her oldest 14, then my 13 and her 12. The 14 year old is the only girl. Thanks for sharing your treasured family photos with us.
Tina @ Life is Good
Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

Chatty Crone said...

I think having cousins around is a blessing. sandie