Laughter is my favorite medicine. There are times in life when laughter is not appropriate. I know this. It seems sometimes those are the times my mind wanders to the humor in a bad situation. I have found myself struggling to keep from bubbling up and blurting out a belly laugh more times than I can count.
Now I have been somber when the situation calls for it...well, for the most part. I'm not a totally insensitive idiot, but all in all my family tends to laugh in the face of trying times to help us through. I apologize to anyone who I may have insulted in the past and I might insult in the future.
In honor of laughter and all things funny I will share a funny story a friend sent to me today. It did make me smile and perhaps I even chuckled at the end. I hope you enjoy the story and today some laughter brings a smile to your face and joy to your heart. I also hope it does not insult anyone or cause hurt feelings...no harm, no foul intended.
GOD ENJOYS A GOOD LAUGH
There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was black:
1. He called everyone brother.
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He didn't get a fair trial.
But then then there were three equally good arguments Jesus was Jewish:
1. He went into His Father's business.
2. He lived at home until He was 33.
3. He was sure His Mother was a virgin and his Mother was sure He was God.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
1. He talked with His hands.
2. He had wine with His meals.
3. He used olive oil.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
1. He never cut His hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was an American Indian:
1. He was at peace with nature.
2. He ate a lot of fish.
3. He talked about the Great Spirit.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.
But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was virtually no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men that just didn't get it.
3. And even when He was dead, He still had to get up because there was work to do.
Can I get an AMEN!?!