Friday, April 13, 2012

A - Z Challenge Letter L = Laughter

Laughter is my favorite medicine. There are times in life when laughter is not appropriate. I know this. It seems sometimes those are the times my mind wanders to the humor in a bad situation. I have found myself struggling to keep from bubbling up and blurting out a belly laugh more times than I can count. 


Now I have been somber when the situation calls for it...well, for the most part. I'm not a totally insensitive idiot, but all in all my family tends to laugh in the face of trying times to help us through. I apologize to anyone who I may have insulted in the past and I might insult in the future. 


In honor of laughter and all things funny I will share a funny story a friend sent to me today. It did make me smile and perhaps I even chuckled at the end. I hope you enjoy the story and today some laughter brings a smile to your face and joy to your heart. I also hope it does not insult anyone or cause hurt feelings...no harm, no foul intended.


GOD ENJOYS A GOOD LAUGH


There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was black:
1. He called everyone brother.
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He didn't get a fair trial.


But then then there were three equally good arguments Jesus was Jewish:
1. He went into His Father's business.
2. He lived at home until He was 33.
3. He was sure His Mother was a virgin and his Mother was sure He was God.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
1. He talked with His hands.
2. He had wine with His meals.
3. He used olive oil.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
1. He never cut His hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was an American Indian:
1. He was at peace with nature.
2. He ate a lot of fish.
3. He talked about the Great Spirit.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.


But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was virtually no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men that just didn't get it.
3. And even when He was dead, He still had to get up because there was work to do.


Can I get an AMEN!?!

22 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

We chose the same theme for L, guess we have something in common :)))

Sush said...

Claudia,
I purposely did not read my blog list before posted. So many times you and I have had the same idea for letters, but I've tried to come up with something different. I was pretty sure laughter would be a popular L topic! Hugs~

Sush said...

Oh and Claudia? Great minds running in the same circles and all that....hugs!

Ellie said...

I totally agree with your Sush - laughter is the best medicine. You canny beat a good chortle he he.
I love you funny story - if fair put a smile on my face.
Oh, and thank you so much for your lovely comment on my post. :))

jabblog said...

Amen, amen! I enjoyed these jokes, thank you:-)

Shady Del Knight said...

Laughter is my middle name, Sush. (It used to be Danger but I changed it.)

Your story did not offend me. In fact I have more compelling evidence that Jesus was a woman. There were 100 robes in His closet and yet He always complained that He didn't have a thing to wear!

I love people with a sense of humor and that's why you are one of my favorites. Thanks for the smiles and the laughs.

Shelly said...

Oh, this was great, Sush! I'm STILL laughing about the story you shared of your sister and the blind man in the comments on my last post- so funny! I also still chuckle at your encounter with the waiter who you thought had a Jamaican accent- you are a hoot!

Thank you for having us in stitches, my friend!

EmptyNester said...

We used laughter as much as we could when the lovelies were growing up! It's just better to see the lighter side of things, eh? And laughing at the worse possible times? Oh yeah,it's happened to me too.

BTW- AMEN! LOL

Munir said...

What about my kind of Indian.
He was non violent.
He gave away every thing he had.
He walked a lot on foot.

Also I did not know California people don't cut their hair. - LOL

Bossy Betty said...

Great points!! Thanks for starting off my day with a laugh!

nutschell said...

Amen! Laughter truly is the best medicine:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!

karen said...

AMEN! I got a good laugh - you're the best! I am one who also laughs when things get bad. I've heard a quote that goes something like : You can laugh or you can cry. I prefer to laugh because crying gives me a headache. I like to remember that.

yaya said...

Laughter has been a cure all for me since I was a fetus...so I'm thinking this post is very funny and also very true! Thanks for the smiles today!

Belle said...

God gave us a sense of humor - so I'm sure it is fine. This joke kind of shows the many sides of Jesus. He could be any nationality!

Chatty Crone said...

You get an AMEN sister from me - I love humor and I think God gave it us to use. sandie

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

Nice. I liked the ending and it did get a little chuckle :)

Anna@ Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Life 101 said...

I was at the funeral of a dear friend. He'd gotten some weird form of cancer and died less than a month after his diagnosis. He was 42.
Obviously his family and friends were devastated.But he had always been a funny guy who often saw humor in odd places.
They rolled his casket out for the first family viewing, and when they opened it up....it wasn't him. It was an 80 year old woman.
The undertaker was horrified. His grieving wife, and sister looked at each other and burst out laughing hysterically. Old John had played one last trick on them.
Just typing this comment made me smile.
Good post tonight, my friend.

thelmaz said...

Stopping by from the Challenge. You definitely made me laugh.

Thisisme. said...

Amen indeed my friend ! That was so funny and very clever! Laughter is, indeed, the best medicine, isn't it? If we can't laugh at things, and at ourselves, then we are well and truly done for !!

Sharkbytes said...

Yes, you can get an AMEN. This is the funniest thing I've read yet today. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet blog is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Rena said...

Amen.

Hey A to Zer!

prose-spective.blogspot.com

Sylvia Ney said...

Love this! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/