Monday, April 23, 2012

A - Z Challenge Letter T =Toatly Tim

It pays to apologize...and it works even better when you are verrrrry TOATLY sincere. I don't remember the transgression only the transgressor. My sweet and wild and wooly son Tim. Lily's dad. Tim had two speeds when he was growing up. Full Force On and Knocked Out Off. Always into mischief of one kind or another.


I remember as if it were yesterday when he decided to give his younger brother a haircut moments before we were leaving for a family Olan Mills portrait. Yes, Scott looked like he was a candidate for a lobotomy afterwards. We went ahead with the photo shoot...it was a memory maker after all. As evidence I don't hold a grudge the recorded history of the photography session I present to you. *Tim is in the red sweater with a full head of golden hair...Scott is behind him with the dark closely shorn hair. Notice he is the ONLY child in this photograph with short hair. The widow's peak is not a natural growth pattern for his head of hair.
Tim, or as we called him then, Timmy was as sweet and kind as he was mischievous. And to this day he remains that wonderful combination. He, like all his siblings is someone to be counted on when one is in need. Toatly there. He is full of sunshine and laughter and silliness. He is Lily's dad and I'm witness to report the apple didn't fall far from the tree with Miss Lily. You remember my sweet Lily? Another bundle of sunshine and fun...
So did I forgive my son Timmy and allow him to come out of his room? Eventually. And by the way Timmy...you can come out of your house today and come on over. Why, you might ask? Well, Momma wants another dance....
TOATLY...!

13 comments:

Thisisme. said...

Aaaw Sush! Your posts are always so full of love and make me smile and make me feel happy! Love that word, 'Toatly'! Your son's hair cut doesn't look too bad. It could have been a lot worse! We do have some wonderful memories stored, don't we? Hugs my friend.

Claudia Moser said...

I simply adored this post, I know that you are a great mom and a wonderful grandmother. While reading your entries I just realise how much I wish that one day we could meet and have some great time together. What a lovely post! Honest!

Shelly said...

Awww- how very sweet! Too cute- I'm sure that picture will never be forgotten, even when the boys are old and gray. I was toatly charmed with this post!

Shady Del Knight said...

I often cry when visiting Thisisme's blog. I cry just as often at yours, Sush. You and Thisisme have the kind of families that most of us can only dream about. Pictures of your children and grandchildren touch my heart...toatly. When I look at your kids I see in their eyes the intelligence that they inherited from you. I see the compassion and caring and all the other good things you have instilled along the way. I see kids being raised right, on their way to becoming outstanding citizens of the world, someday to produce offspring like Lily, born into a safe and nurturing environment to carry on this blessed tradition in perpetuity.

Donna said...

What a sweet post Sush! ( I had a son named Tim...Timmy...Mophy too.). Yours sounds like a corker. The haircut incident is too funny and yet it was a cute picture. Love that you kept his apology note. Those memories are so precious. The picture of you dancing at his wedding is heartwarming! And sweet Lily...growing up like her dad just makes you want to smile!

Janna said...

Very sweet. I cut my sister's hair when I was little. My mom swears it never grew back a golden or curly after that.

EmptyNester said...

That was so sweet! I loved the way you wove this post!

Dana said...

I really love this post--and the pictures! Very sweet.

yaya said...

I love "memory" posts and this one is so sweet. I bet you didn't feel the sweetness back then, but now it's great to take that walk back and as I age I realize that I took too many things seriously and I wish I could have just laughed off more crazy stunts..that might not have made them into responsible adults however! Thanks for "totally" sharing this!

Chatty Crone said...

I really did enjoy that cute family story - you really do love those kidlets. sandie

momto8 said...

so fun!! I love that he wrote that note!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness to the haircut right before the portrait! :O

I now feel very lucky to have been an only child so that never had the chance to happen to me! LOL!!

karen said...

I can remember when my oldest son (who had been told to stay away from the stained glass window while playing) kicked a soccer ball directly through said stained glass window that his dad had JUST finished and installed. His dad was beyond furious but soon he had a little envelope in his hand with a very sad and sincere apology and all of my son's very best erasers (remember those that came in all kinds of shapes?) as a plea for forgiveness. That boy still has a sweet heart...