Saturday, April 21, 2012

A - Z Letter Challenge Letter S = Sparkle

Everyone has the ability, the right, sometimes the need to sparkle. Don't hide your light or let someone dim your brightness...sparkle!


Here are few thoughts and quotes on sparkling and what a sparkle can help us achieve...


As she passed among the hungry and the dejected,
     delivering the rations of water,
      she chanted in a low whisper,
"the spark of the mind - the sparkle of the soul"...
"the spark of the mind - the sparkle of the soul"...
Jonathan Lockwood Hule~


We need less posturing and more genuine charisma.
    Charisma was originally a religious term,
      meaning "of the spirit" or "inspired."
It's about letting God's light shine through us.
    It's about a sparkle in people money can't buy.
       It's an invisible energy with visible effects.
To let go, to just love, is not to fade into the wallpaper.
  Quite the contrary, it's when we truly become bright.
      We're letting our own light shine.
Marianne Williamson~

Don't forget to shine...no matter how young or how old keep your sparkle polished.  Keep shining...keep spreading your light. Or if you prefer advice in a lyric...Katy Perry is spot on~


" 'Cause baby you're a firework
    Come on show 'em what you're worth
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh,
    As you shoot across the sky"


Go on now....SPARKLE

14 comments:

Shelly said...

Sparkle of the soul...I'm going to be thinking about that all day. I love your S word, my friend! I know this- if anyone has sparkle, it is you!

Dana said...

Wonderful word--and post! Thanks. :)

Paula Martin said...

Lovely word - and great post!

Janna said...

I didn't know that about charisma. How beautiful.

Claudia Moser said...

What a wonderful word!

kneesandpaws said...

Sush, I was just listening to Katy Perry's song this week and for the first time I really felt the meaning in those lyrics. You make me feel like a sparkly person with the kindness you continually share. You have a lot of sparkly soul-bling and it shines!

Shady Del Knight said...

I'm 15 hours late, dear Sush. Forgive me. I've been away from the computer all day doing my best to sparkle in the "real world." I wholeheartedly believe in random acts of sparkle. I recognize the sparkle in you and am attracted to it.

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Every one, come on

Sush said...

Shelly...thanks for the kind words...I like to believe ALL my bloggie friends sparkle and you shine like a beautiful Texas star!
Hugs~

Dana...I'm happy to see you back! And yes I did like the letter S! Partial to that letter ya know?
Hugs~

Paula...Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to comment. Don't you love when people leave you one?
Hugs~

Janna...I must admit I learned something new about charisma myself when I was researching!
Hugs~

Claudia...YOU sparkle all over the place my travelling friend! Hugs~

Jenny...You are giving sparkle to so many things and people! You really ARE a firework shooting across the sky!
Hugs~

Tom...I am sure you are always sharing random acts of sparkle. You are a dear friend and brighten the world of blogging with YOUR sparkle!
Hugs~

EmptyNester said...

I feel like sparkling now! LOL And I love your post below on rain! We're having a rainy day today and I'm LOVING it! I left a couple of tips for your smoothies on the comment under yours at my blog. Let me know if you need it sent elsewhere!

Francene Stanley said...

You're right. We must sparkle to cheer others along their way. Who hasn't caught the smile of a stranger and been cheered? Thank you for your visit to my blog.

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

jabblog said...

People who sparkle are such a joy to others and encourage them to sparkle too. Nice post. (I know what you mean about trying to read through the A-Z list . . . phew!)

Belle said...

I love it when people sparkle with joy when you talk with them. I try to sparkle too. It is a lift of spirit for all people to sparkle. Great post.!

Thisisme. said...

Eeek! I'm so late. Please forgive me! I love that word , Sparkly. What a good one for the letter S. I can honestly say, dear Sush, that you are one of the most Sparkliest friends out here in bloggyland, and we thank you for that.

Chatty Crone said...

I think your soul sparkles! sandie