Saturday, May 12, 2012

Park It

A few weeks back Pop and I were lucky enough to spend a day with our grandsons Trey and Peter. Our city park's amusement section had been closed for two years for renovations. The Carousel is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1911 and had a beautiful renovation. 


The miniature train is one third size replica of a locomotive, there are kiddie boats which Pop and I had to pass on enjoying. The boys wanted us join them but we had to explain what sinking the boat is. The playground was revamped and made for kids of all ages.  There are paddle boats, the last time I was on them was when I was doing anything and everything I could think of to encourage Elise to be born. I'm afraid the poor young man that was running the boats may have retired from his job after that day. 


Here are some pictures of our fun...sadly once again I forgot to bring my camera so other than the inside shot of the carousel and the large shot of the train, these are what I managed to snap from my phone. Pop was riding in the stationary swan with the boys. I was on the horse with the golden mane that goes up and down. I love, love, love riding on a carousel.
Happy Birthday to our son Steve, Jr...Trey and Peter's Dad. He's such a great dad and son. I went into labor with this treasure of a child on Mother's Day...how appropriate of a gift?
Happy Mother's Day from the American Calendar to all my Mom friends, whatever your calendar says.


Loves~Loves~Loves~

16 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

What a happy day! Wonderful carousel!

Claudia Moser said...

Love the smiles :) happy mother day my dear!

Shady Del Knight said...

As she leaves, she drops the presents that she won before.
Pulling ducks out of the water, got the highest score.
Now's my chance and I must take it, a case of do-or-die.

On a carousel, on a carousel,
round and round and round and round
round and round and round and round with you.
Up, down, up, down, up, down, too

Riding along on a carousel, trying to catch up to you.
Riding along on a carousel, will I catch up to you?

Now we take our ride together
No more chasing her.

On a carousel, on a carousel...

You say carousel, Sush. I say merry-go-round. Some of my happiest memories REVOLVE around the amusement. I dreaded having to ride in the stationary seats. I always begged mommy to let me be a "big boy" and ride on the horses that went up and down. (This is when I was in my 30s, mind you!)

Happy birthday to your son Steve and happy Mother's Day to you, dear Sush!

Shelly said...

You folks know how to have fun! I love the idea of you on a horse, too- I would have done the same. I'm so glad you are able to be such rich blessings in your grandchildrens' lives. You are building things in them that will last their whole lives through!

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Sush
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you, too.

Glad you got to spend some time with those two cuties! :)

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Mother's Day to you. We already celebrated that day in March!!!
Looks like you had a very enjoyable day with your two wee grandsons.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Mother's Day! sandie

Belle said...

I also love carousels. Looks like lots of family fun. Happy Mother's Day.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Boy heaven!!!

Happiest Mothers day to you!!!

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a great day with the grandkids. Am I the only one who thinks the youngest one looks like you? I love the carousel too.

kneesandpaws said...

Sush, the park near you looks amazing and worth a homeschool field trip! I'm going to have to look it up. The carosel was always my favorite when I was a girl. How sweet to see the two boys sharing a seat together. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with your family! What a blessing to be together making memories.

yaya said...

What a great park! Looks like everyone enjoyed the day. I had a "Mother's Day" kiddo too! Also a boy...so Happy Birthday to your son and mine and Happy Mother's Day to you Sush!

Crystal Pistol said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

I love all your pictures in this post. That carousel is gorgeous!

Thisisme. said...

Lovely day that you both spent with your two grandsons there. Oh, how I would have loved to see a photo of you riding the Carousel! I bet those little boys just love spending time with you. Hope you were spoilt on Mothers Day my dear friend. Our Mothers Day over here in England, was back in March. Hugs.

Holly said...

That is a seriously awesome carousel and train! :D

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time Sush.

I hope you enjoyed your mother's day and that your son enjoyed his birthday.

Lovely photos of your lovely family.

Have a great weekend, relax and enjoy.


Fiona x