Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You Are All My Sunshine

Grace came to town! Pop and Sush were thrilled to have our sweet grandbebe come visit us for her first time! She is the sweetest bundle of joy in a tiny dear package. I was so excited when I spied her Mom and Dad driving into our driveway! Usually they are arriving in the dark of night, but for this visit they left shortly after Grace's breakfast, so to speak, hoping she would follow that with her morning nap. From the tale I was told that didn't happen often or for very long. Charting unknown territory can be quite stressful!

We had much fun having her Mom and Dad visiting with us. Scott's siblings came as soon as life allowed to greet the newest member of our family. I will have to apologize to them if I get the order of visits out of order.
Lily had never met her newest cousin. Tender and sweet was their first meeting!
I think Lily pulled out almost every stuffed animal in Sush's arsenal to share with Grace...can you not just see how she wants to eat her up with love? Too precious in my not so impartial opinion! Lily is going to be a wonderful big sister! Won't be long now....
Lily's Mom and Dad, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tim were quite happy to get their chance to hold Grace as well! And if you look really carefully, you might see the line forming to the rear for a chance for a hug and a kiss!
Pop is not going to pass up his chance for a snuggle with our sweet Grace!
The next day brought the arrival of Trey and Peter to meet sweet Grace! It was a veritable cousin fest!

Peter, were you holding Baby Grace?


Oh, I saw youuuuu!


We also had rousing games of baseball to win...
Everyone gets a turn at bat next up, why our own...Slugger Trey!
We interrupt this game for the return of little Ms Grace who has awakened from her nap...Ohhh Daddy, let me see!
 ***You might want to note Ms Lily's winter hat on an 80 degree day. Her Mom and Dad said it was an accessory she was not going to be convinced to omit! A girl has her own fashion sense after all. One must set a stylish example for Grace!


Well, I see Lily and Aunt Erin are taking Grace indoors, out of the range of the bat!
Neeexxxxxt....The mighty Peter takes a swing!
Not to be left out of hugs, Uncle Steve and Aunt Terri take advantage of the baseball game and get some snuggles of their own with Grace. She was a very popular young lady!


Daddy Scott was ever attentive and ready to regain custody of his sweet and beautiful Grace!


Erin and Scott have friends that live not far from us. We were delighted to have them visit with their own three precious children.
Linus, had the sweetest quote of the day, "Who's the cutest? Ding, ding, ding...it's Grace!"
Oliver had hugs of his own to share...
Aunt Elise was always at the ready to give Grace her full attention...
It was a whirlwind extended weekend, but as always too short! Marie...do you think you could convince Erin and Scott to return, ASAP? Oh and they better not to forget to bring Grace if they come! As if!
Now we also had Aunt Laura and Uncle Dan with us for the day on Sunday. I just haven't had anyone share those photos yet! I give them many thank you's for driving from VA to share in this family lovefest. I just never remembered to use my own camera. If a lovely daughter would share her pictures, perhaps we will have some pictures of Laura and Dan to add post post, if you get my drift...Heck, Dan and Laura I'll be thrilled if you have some photographs to send my way as well!


I never have a day that I am not thrilled to have my family gathered around. They simply are 'My Sunshine'!

23 comments:

Shelly said...

What a beautiful baby Grace is! You can just her personality bubbling through already. I can see why everyone is so enchanted with her. As my grandma would say, she has sugar dripping from her! So glad you all had not just her, but all the kids and grandkids with you, too!

Claudia Moser said...

My God is she beautiful and I would kiss her all the time as well. You have such a wonderful family, you should be so proud! Actually I think you already are :) Maybe one day I will get the chance to know you in person and then I will tell you also live what a great mom and granny you are :) Thanks for sharing!

Shady Del Knight said...

Your joy is infectious, dear Sush. I was sorry to see this post end because I felt as tho I was taking a love bath and I wanted it to last forever. Grace is precious and already loves to pose for the camera. The way the other children interact with her in a caring manner is heartwarming. Seen here are sweet, innocent, happy faces and an abundance of love in a large family that you fostered. This single post is a collection of priceless, magic moments that everyone will treasure for years to come. I am very happy for you, dear Sush. Thank you very much for sharing these gifts with us today.

Francene Stanley said...

How wonderful to have your family around you. This is the way it has always been and should continue. Unfortunately, so many families are split apart like my own, who live in three different continents. I envy your sunshine.

Kathi said...

Wonderful family pictures Sush. And Grace... perfect name. Just beautiful. And all that hair!! Looks like a very fun time.

Dana said...

She's adorable! Such great pictures. :)

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a wonderful weekend you had - such a lovely family. Don't you just love it when cousins get together - so fun to watch. And baby Grace is adorable - that hair! So beautiful. You are richly blessed.

Bouncin Barb said...

Such a fabulous family post Sush. So happy for you all. Little Grace is surrounded by lots of love already and is a very lucky little girl. You are blessed with a beautiful family! Hugs.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Sush

What a wonderful time you all had.

Grace is a beautiful baby
enjoy her!


x

kneesandpaws said...

Sush, Your family is amazing, and I really needed to see pictures of a happy family today. What a blessing!

Thisisme. said...

Oh my, so much excitement for you, having all the family coming over for the weekend like that. I can feel your love & happiness just bubbling off the page. Little Grace is so precious, and I love her hair!! Isn't she a lucky little girl to have so many cousins to love and fuss over her. Wonderful family post, with so many happy photographs. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Love that crazy hair - she is SO beautiful!! Can't wait for our bundle of joy!!

Ellie said...

What a gorgeous baby and look at that hair - amazing!!!
Nice to see all the children together having such a lot of fun. Sounds like a great weekend for you all.

Belle said...

She is just the sweetest baby! What a cute smile and she looks so happy in every photo. Family gatherings are wonderful - I'm glad everyone got to see Grace.

karen said...

What a lovely, happy family you have - so much joy and fun! Grace is a beauty, and you'll have many years of fun ahead with her.

Crystal Pistol said...

Baby Grace is delicious! I love her unruly hair. So cute. she seems to be a happy baby. I love that! You have such a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

orchid said...

Dearest Sush,
Oh what a sweet baby and angel Grace is♡♡♡
Lovely family photos and liked the way you wrote, "It was a veritable cousin fest!" sweet boys and girls♪
Thank you very much for sharng the LOVE,

Love you always, xoxo Miyako*

Janna said...

So beautiful! I love seeing children with babies.

yaya said...

That sweet baby has the most cutest hair in the world! I just love it when the babies have tons of hair! Very cute family and all the kids are adorable. I'm glad you had a fun weekend. So many people but so much joy.

Darlene said...

That was a weekend full of love and fun and grandbabies! Little Grace is adorable! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures. I can see why they are your "sunshine"!

I enjoyed your comment about the tahwlets- heehee. I sincerely hope you won't have to wait till 2014 to be able to flush! I know how it is, though, when we have handy husbands. They want to do the work, but we have to wait until they have the time! Our bathroom is next on the list after the kitchen. Want to race? haha

lyndylou said...

She is so cute and what a wonderful family weekend :)

Glenda said...

What a beautiful family - and baby Grace is loving all the cuddling, isn't she?

If you have a chance, run back over to my last blog. I've left you direction to the Old Ferry Seafood House. Blessings to you!
Glenda

Holly said...

What a gorgeous baby! Love her chubby cheeks! :)