Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Love...My Baby Love!

Oh my, my, my! We are swimming in baby love! Our newest, and really it's only been a little over four months since our last presentation...but our newest new grandbebe has arrived! Lily is now the proud and boy do I mean proud and also very protective big sister of Katherine Alice. Those in the know and you all will now be in that proud number call her Kate! What a dear and sweet baby she is!
 Mom, Lisa and Daddy, Tim are happy and proud as can be. Kate is a very darling and sweet baby. Lily is very protective right out of the gate! The physician's assistant came for her 'duty call' and walked up to the bassinet where Kate was sleeping. As the PA pulled out her stethoscope, Lily rushed up to the bassinet and cried out, "Don't you mess with her!" She then tried to roll the bassinet away. After much explaining and persuasion she agreed to back off, but was keeping an eagle eye on the PA her entire exam. It didn't help the PA's cause when Kate was not happy with the cold stethoscope or having her shirt removed. I thought for a second Lily was going to grab the bassinet and make a run for the door!
Mom distracted Lily by getting her to play with her 'own' baby...baby doll Belle. Lily enjoyed using Kate's stash of diapers on her doll baby...
The next visit Lily was missing her family. She sought some solace in reverting to old places...
Today was Kate's 'Coming Home' day. Lily had been staying with her other 'Grammy' but was here in the morning and early afternoon. Once Kate was released from the hospital her parents swung by to pick up Lily so they could all go home together. Before they came Sush and Lily spent the morning washing (at Lil's request) I swear, the sea glass and shells on a platter in the bathroom. Puzzles, books, blocks and cars were added to our entertainment repertoire. After lunch we played baby dolls and then finished up outside on the trampoline. Dad surprised us as he came around the back of the house and the happy family headed home.


And while I have a captive audience I'll throw in some of my latest photographs of Grace just for good measure. I mean we really are experiencing a lot of baby love around here, folks!
Hope you all have days filled with baby love, no matter how old your babies are! I have some as old as 37 so they may get bigger, but like the book, Love You Forever, 'As long as I'm living...my baby they'll be'!


Loves~Loves~Loves~

13 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

So sweet!!! Congratulations on the darling babies!! I have seen the book Love You Forever, love it!!! xoxo

Thisisme. said...

I read this exciting news on faceboOk, but it doesn't make it any less special reading it again here! How blessed you are dear Sush! Kate is so pretty a d I did smile at the story of the very protective big sister, Lily!! I still can't get over Grace's hair !! They grow aWay so quickly. I still can't believe that Eli will be starting school in his little uniform this Sept. Too young! He will only be four at the end of this month. x

Holly said...

So cute!! :D

Claudia Moser said...

You are such a lucky grandmother :) happy for you!

Shady Del Knight said...

Congratulations, Sush! I love these pictures of the new arrival. How sweet is little Katherine Alice! It's gratifying to know that Lily has her little sister's back this early in life. Will she feel the same when they're teenagers and Kate wants to borrow her sweater? (LOL) The nickname Kate is a power name and will serve her well. Kate, Lily, Grace - they are all beautiful children and ever so fortunate to be born into a family that has you at its center. Thank you for visiting my blog, dear friend. It was wonderful to hear from you. You have been missed and you are loved and appreciated.

Shelly said...

You are in Grammy heaven! Kate is a beautiful love and Lily is precious in how much she loves her sister already. How precious that she was ready to roll that bassinet away! Love the pics- such love and joy!

Dana said...

So precious! Congratulations!

Barbara F. said...

Such a precious little baby girl, best wishes to all of you. Haven't heard from you, so I can see you have been a busy grandma. xo

yaya said...

Congrats to all the family! So sweet and all those lovely baby smells and cute feet and rocking time..well, it's got to be heavenly! I love Grace's hair! Have a fun filled baby week!

Craziness abounds said...

Well it's very nice to meet you! I'm so glad you came by to vote. What darling grand babies you have. I have a few babies myself but they are 17, 15, and 8. No grands yet (Thank God!) Not that I wouldn't mind some later when my kids are older. :)

Jilda said...

Beautiful pics of beautiful babies!
Each one made me smile!
Blessings of health and great joy to all of you.

Sweet Tea said...

Life is certainly a "GRAND" experience with all those sweet babies around. Love the photos - keep 'em coming!!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you are so lucky to have two beautiful baby girls there.

I am so happy they are healthy.

How is your nephew?

Love, sandie