Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On The Road Again

I have been doing my best to live up to my desire to spend more time off line and with family. Summer and sunshine...they bring out the best of me and all the things I'd like to do. So this was tops on my list:

Making hay while the sun shines, we've been visiting our young marrieds that live out of state. Luckily, though they don't live in the same town they do live in the same state! It makes for a simple route and we are able to get in visits with two families on the same trip!

At Daniel Son's and Laura's lovely home, Pop was busy with his trusty tool box and working on a punch list. His master carpenter skills and I use that term a tad loosely, he's had many years of honey do's...kept he and Dan busy.
Hi dear, yes it's me again with my trusty camera...we all have our talents now don't we?
Laura and I had our own punch list and it was cleared at the local mall...a new mirror. Now which one???
Yes! That's the ticket! With the help of a very kind store employee we loaded it up in the back of Daniel's pick up and returned to add to Pop's punch list! Thanks, Pop...you're the best!
Laura and I and Zeus and Zoey were buys enjoying the chill of the air conditioner...
Things were starting to heat up outside! That's the fire pit Daniel Son built!
Time to load up the car and head on up the road! A few hours later and we arrived to see how much our sweet and beautiful Grace has grown! Her Mom and Dad are looking pretty much the same, but Grace is changing before our eyes! Sitting up all by herself...giving Sush the razzberry! Yep, new skill set every day!

Now Grace likes to use her two fingers for comfort instead of a thumb. I will admit I did that as well when I was young. Not the same two fingers but two were better than one! Smart girl, our Grace!
Scott and Pop were busy on projects but I was rather distracted with my sweet girl. It seems my photos at their home centered around Grace...not a project.

Instead of 'Foggy Bottom' we were visiting 'Crabby Bottom'! I know I have a plethora of photos but hey, I'm a Gramma!
Grace loves the fresh air and sunshine! Erin's a wonderful Mom and Grace's smile pretty much says it all!
I'm afraid the only sign of all of Pop's hard work at Grace's house is this photo of a worn out Pop!
Not to leave anyone thinking I wasn't doing my 'part' on this leg of our trip...Erin, Grace and I did go out shopping. We all have our talents...!!! Here's Grace waiting for us to get our act together for shopping!
So once we accomplished all that we could squeeze into our visit, we loaded up the car and headed back down the road. Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!

Loves~Loves~Loves~

14 comments:

Shelly said...

In need of a warm, lovely feeling inside? Read Sush's blog!Once again, my friend, you highlighting your precious family sends ripples of love through all of us. You are baby rich!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Sushie! You aren't missing much while you're away. Bloggerville has become a ghost town as more of our mutual friends go on hiatus. I'm happy to receive these periodic updates from you and to know that all is well in your world. It's wonderful that you got the chance to visit both families before returning home. Seems you earned your black belt in shopping on this road trip. Grace looks like a very happy little girl, proof of what a loving family can do for a child. May your summer continue to be filled with Kodak moments like these, dear friend!

Barbara F. said...

Hi there, always happy to see a post. Grace is so adorable. You son looks just like his dad! xo

yaya said...

What is it about men and their tool boxes? My Father-in-law was always fixing things wherever he was visiting and now my hubby does the same thing...even at my Mom's house. She loves that by-the-way! That Grace has the cutest hair and bluest eyes..very sweet. Sounds like a fun and busy summer and thanks for taking a minute to post!

Claudia Moser said...

What wonderful pictures, but of course the ones with Grace are my favourites :) she is so pretty! Lucky grandma!

lyndylou said...

Lovely pics of a lovely family. And you have sun? Jealous much! Hell yeah :/

Kathi said...

Nice to see all the fun going on and I know grandma was having a blast. I love Grace's navy and orange polka dot outfit! Looks like more great memories were made.

Thisisme. said...

Hi Sush. Lovely to read this post and see all these gorgeous photos today. I love the one where Grace is smiling. You are blessed, indeed, with your loving family my friend. That mirror looks wonderful on that wall above the sofa. Well done to hubby.

karen said...

A wonderful, wonderful trip! How wonderful to be able to visit two kids in one trip! Let's see, we have one in NYC and one just outside Boston, so that's doable, but the rest are Colorado, Utah and Texas - all separate trips! So fun to see how Grace has grown - beautiful baby! And your husband is like mine - busy with projects the whole time.

Chatty Crone said...

Well there you are stranger. You took the summer off? sandie

Pat MacKenzie said...

It looks like you're having a great summer visiting kids and grands, such a lovely time of life.

Karen Whittal said...

What wonderful pictures of your family...... that smile is definitely going to break some hearts when she grows up.

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Great post / Great pics!
http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Ionela said...

I love your blog! This post is awesome!
Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?
Where are you from?