Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Time...

“When the sun gets hot and the moon gets hazy
good girls go bad... and it gets crazy!” 
 Rachel Thompson

Just checking to see if you were paying attention! Last post I left you with a promise of a day at the Park. My companions in 'summer craziness' were Lily and her other Grandmother...Beth. I will try to tell the story in pictures...


We started off with gray skies and a light morning mist. With the heat we've been experiencing it was really a blessing. Upon entering the park, Lily spied the swings and was scampering across the ground as quickly as her two little tennis shoed feet would move! I was the  photographer on the expedition, so 'Grammy Beth' was in charge of giving Lily pushes to send her spirit and giggles soaring!
The swings were good for about the attention span of a two year old...and it was off to play on the slides, climb the hill and just explore!
Determination pays off!
Run across and find the slide, Lily!

We played in the sand...
drew pictures on the sand table...



Like her Daddy, Lily was eager to ride in the boats...perhaps the operator had to ask Lily to sit down in the boat...perhaps the boat had to be stopped! Or maybe it was another child...but Lily loved her yacht!
The highlight of the entire day was hands down the Carousel! Lily rode the animals of her choice at least twice per animal! We had the pig, the horse, the cat and the rabbit! Our sweet love likes things fast and the Carousel was just the ticket(s)!

All that riding makes a gal hungry! The sun started peeking out from the clouds and it was a wonderful time to relax on the park bench and snack!
And we're off! More climbing...
Another ride on the yacht...PULL that cord Lily, make that bell ring!
And then the last ride of the day....THE TRAIN! Lily wasn't sure if she wanted to ride the train. Curious as always, but definitely some ambivalence as we pulled out of the station...




Oh, would Lily not like the train? Nah, she was smiling and laughing and enjoying the wind in her hair as fast as you can say 'I think I can, I think I can'!
Train rides come to an end as does a morning at the park. We wore our sweet little angel out...and she wore us out as well. It was time for everyone to head home and have a lovely summer afternoon ritual. A nap!


After all, the sun got hot and we girls got crazy!


Loves~Loves~Loves~

16 comments:

Thisisme. said...

Hi Sush. Love that quote right at the beginning of this post! Made me smile today. What cute photos of little Lily. She really is growing up so fast, and looks as if she had such a fun time at the park. Bet both grandmas were well in need of a little nap as well by the end of it!

Sush said...

Hi Diane..yes it was a real toss up as to who was the most ready for her nap! I know I'm going to blink and Trey is going to be a young adult like Eleanor! Happy weekend dear friend, and I hope you have some sunshine to warm up your day!
Hugs~

Ellie said...

That looked like such a fun day for Lily (and for you and Grandmother Beth). Children have so much fun at the park - the bonus they burn lots of energy of too. I really enjoyed seeing your pictures :))

lyndylou said...

What a fun morning and she is totally adorable :)

lyndylou said...

What a fun morning and she is totally adorable :)

Kathi said...

I'm pooped out just thinking about all that energy expelled but it must have been fun seeing all the smiles and being together. Glad you made more wonderful memories.

Claudia Moser said...

Such a lovely day, and you sound like you are young again :)))

Shady Del Knight said...

Hello, Sush! I have the attention span of a two year old... and I'm proud of it. (I already forgot what I wanted to write.)

Well, for one thing, I'm going off on a tangent by noting that the beginning of your post made me think of accused barn burner and con man Ben Quick (Paul Newman) in The Long Hot Summer (1958) and drifter Harry Madox (Don Johnson) in The Hot Spot (1990). Both men arrive in small southern towns, stir the pot and drive the ladies crazy. Is it any wonder I gave myself a makeover and tried to come across as "bad" during my teen years? Actors like Paul Newman, Marlon Brando and James Dean taught me that 4 out of 5 girls prefer bad boys.

Yay, Lily! I love to see that lil' darlin' having so much fun. A child's urge to explore, climb, ride and create always fascinates me. Lily stacked up a pile of happy memories that day at the park and you remembered (yay!) to take your camera along to document the good times. Thank you for this update on your beautiful family, dear friend Sush!

Shelly said...

I could hear the laughter and giggles as I was reading this- what a fun day! Lily is a beautiful child, and so blessed to have such wonderful grandmas.

Barbara F. said...

That is a great quote! Lily is adorable. I bet the gram's had just as much fun as she did! Nap sounds good after all the park playing. xo

yaya said...

How nice that the 2 Grandmas could spend super fun time with a little cutie like Lily. Isn't it amazing how worn out those kiddos can make us? It's a good thing we have children when we're young!

Pam Lofton said...

I wonder who was worn out more? LOL They sure do have a lot of energy, don't they? Looks like an absolutely perfect day!

Sweet Tea said...

Oh Sush, Lily is lovely! And who wouldn't enjoy having two doting Grandmothers fuss over them?! A fun day full of great photo op's - Love it!

kneesandpaws said...

A day full of love and play is the best kind of day to have. Lily is beautiful!

Bossy Betty said...

What a wonderful day and one that you will both always remember!

Chatty Crone said...

She is beautiful. I want to apologize that I am so late in reading this and posting - my life has been a little hectic. But I am here now. sandie