Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Boys of Summer

I don't want anyone getting the idea my two favorite boys are sitting in the corner idle. The next weekend after Kate was born...the afternoon of Uncle Tim's birthday party Trey and Peter went to their favorite baseball park. The Durham Bull's Athletic Park, better known as the D-BAP! It's where we went last year around the Fourth of July with my two boys of  summer! Baseball and little boys, now that's a new concept! We were invited to join them on this outing, but the impending arrival of baby Kate kept me from making commitments ahead of time!


Their Dad, knowing how much I love seeing them enjoy themselves, sent me some pictures. Trey's team had won the league championship. They were rewarded by being able to run out on the field during a break in the game with the 'real' baseball players on the Durham Bulls! I hear Trey was very busy chatting up the players! I wish I had been able to accompany them, but I'm sure glad I was sent the pictures...Enjoy!







And Peter was thrilled to be a part of the entire outing!
I love Summertime...I love my boys!
Hope your summer is sizzling in just the right way!


Loves~Loves~Loves~

9 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Happy pictures:) and all is well on my side of the world :)

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Sushie!

I played little league baseball and later, in my early teens, played on the F.O.P. (Fraternal Order of Police) team. Those were the days before bottled water. In the dugout we passed a water bucket down the line and each boy took his turn drinking out of it using the same ladle. Gross, but good times!

Here are lyrics to three different baseball songs:

Playing right field, its easy you know,
You can be awkward, you can be slow,
That's why I'm here in right field,
Just watching the dandelions grow.

Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all - a moment in the sun;
(pop) It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

Glory days
well they'll pass you by
Glory days
in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

laurie said...

what great photos! Thats a great ball park, lots of spectators as well.I hope you're having a wonderful summer, ( I think you are !)
What a sweetie in the last photo!!

Shelly said...

It just doesn't get much better than that for boys, does it? So enjoyed getting to see their happiness and excitement. He is going to remember that for the rest of his life and tell his children and grandchildren about it.

Kathi said...

Looks like fun for all. Glad you are all enjoying your summer!

karen said...

I miss watching my boys play baseball - such good times! Now I'm waiting for the new generation to get old enough to play - I think Lexi is going to play T-ball this coming season! Matthew won't be far behind.

yaya said...

Baseball was a fav of mine when I was young. My sister and our friends would hop the L to Chicago and watch the cubs play. I met Ernie Banks, Ron Santo and other players outside the park after an early afternoon game. I can't even imagine letting my own kids when they were that age going alone downtown! There's just something about a "real" game with "real" players...those boys will remember this trip forever! Fun pics!

Sweet Tea said...

Is there anything better than cute kidos enjoying the Summer?! Great photos of some mighty cute little guys!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Great photos and it looks like they were having a ball......lol Since I am not a sport person I know nothing about Baseball and even less since I am Ausie........and we do not play this sport as much as it is played in other countries.....