Saturday, January 12, 2013

Greetings and Salutations

Hello dear friends and gentle readers! Wow, I have been missing all of you for a while and I'm so thrilled I am now able to return to the world of blogging. I've been able to peer at some blogs on the teensy iPhone screen now and then but this is a return to Paradise!

I haven't been idle while away, but the news I have to share is not my own. It's TWICE as exciting than anything I have been doing while off the blogging boards...
This happy couple...
Laura and Daniel...are having their first child(ren)! Yep, double trouble; they are having twins! Grandbabies six and seven are due in June of this year! Am I grinning from ear to ear? Well, don't you just know it! They are fraternal twins, not identical, and we don't know if they are boy/boy or girl/girl or combo! Luckily the parents to be have had a lot of practice in the baby department with the arrival of Grace and Kate.

To quote a favorite of ours that lives across the pond...'EEEKKK'!  

More exciting  news do you ask? Ooooo, but of course! Erin and Scott moved to the same town as Sush and Pop! Yes, it's true...Grace and her Mom and Dad have relocated and are just a hop, skip and a jump away! How much fun?!
We are thrilled and I would say this is a real 'Sweetheart' of a deal!
Let's see if I can borrow some of the grandkids to put this story all together...

For the moment the girls are in the lead in the grandchildren department...Lily thinks this state of affairs is...
And something to really cheer about...
Trey and Peter are not worried, they know the vote is still out and they could pull the boys in the lead if the new cousins turn out to be boys. For now they are all smiles...

I was going to tell you what Kate thinks of the situation, but she silenced me before I got the chance...(oh and yep, I got rid of my blonde hair after all those years).
For Grace it's a real nail biter of a situation...

That pretty much sums up our exciting news! I know I promised to show off the renovations of the master bedroom/bath. I will, but really NO thing can compete with the loveliness of new grand babies on the horizon and the ones already here. 

I'd like to promise the renovation will be the next posting up, but with this crazy group and all the fun they bring to my life, there's no guarantee!
And to think it all started with the best of the best, my shy and retiring kidlets!
Blessings everyone and a special thank you to my fantastic Husband...my date for the last forty plus years for gifting me with a brand new Macbook Pro so I can rejoin all my dear and fantastic friends. I may or may not have sweetened the pot so to speak when I gave him his Kindle for Christmas...


But...Mac trumps Kindle...in my book! Oh wow that was corny! I better leave before you all run away!

In the words of the late George Burns..."Say goodnight, Gracie..."
Loves~Loves~Loves~

27 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

EEEKKK! (LOL) I'm sure Thisisme will be along shortly to echo my glee, dear Sush. It's great to see you back here in beautiful downtown Bloggerville. dear friend. I'm thrilled by all your good news and can't wait to see pics of the new arrivals come June. (I predict a boy/girl combo!) It's also a treat to see how your other grands have grown and changed in the 30+ YEARS you've been away! Once again it's so nice to have you among us again, dear Sush. Have a terrific Sunday!

Sush said...

~Oh Tom it feels so lovely being back among friends! Thank you as always for your very kind thoughts and I do look forward to listening in to the Dell!

Shelly said...

Suuuusshhhhh!!!! You're back!!! We've so missed you, and you come back with glorious news! Congratulations, my friend. Your family is blessed, just no other way to put it. And I'm with Shady. I have a feeling it will be a girl/ boy combo. What fun the cousins will have! Big hugs to you, my friend~

Sush said...

~Shelly, isn't it glorious news? I'm looking forward to catching up on all your posts. It may take a while as I'm trying to stick to my commitment to keep balance in my blog world and real world.
Hugs right back dear one~

thisisme said...

Eeeeek! You're back with us! Welcome back, it's so good to have you here again. Double Eeeek!! What fantastically exciting news about your new arrivals due later this year. I bet you can't control your excitement ! Especially with Gracie living close by again. It's only 6 am here, but I was do thrilled for you that I just had to stop by whilst still in bed!!lovely photos of the little ones and all the family together, and Pop of course! Your kid lets certainly have done you proud my friend. Hugs and blessings.

thisisme said...

Forgot to say, you don't look old enough to be a grandma with your new hair colour. Oh, and wishing you all a happy and healthy new year! I shall try to go back to sleep for a while now after all that excitement!

Sush said...

Eeek! Morning for you bedtime for me! You warmed my heart with your lovely welcome back! Hope you are having a sunshiny day and all things lovely!
Hugs~

Lyndylou said...

It's great to see you back and look at all your lovely photos plus your good news is EPIC! I've missed you XXX

Jennifer Hoppins said...

Welcome back dear heart! I'm so happy to read your exciting news and to see those sweet family smiles. The house picture made me drool....
I love the way each photo goes perfect with your narrative. Grace is so cute:)

Claudia Moser said...

So happy to have youback, missed you lots, but we still had Facebook :) and you must be a happy grandmother!

yaya said...

Welcome back and congrats on the new Grandbabies heading your way! How exciting and think of all the fun blog moments to come! Thanks to your hubby for bringing you back too...and I got a kindle for Christmas too and I love it so I hope he enjoys his. Happy New Year and I can't wait to see your reno all done! I must also say you have a very handsome group of kiddos!

Kathi said...

So nice to see you are back! Lots of exciting things going on in your neck of the woods. Life goes on doesn't it... whether you are blogging about it or not. Blessings on you and yours Sush. Happy New Year!

Francene Stanley said...

I love your enthusiasm. Hope the new year brings plenty of blessings.

Sush said...

~Lynne...It's so great to be back and I'll be able to keep up with you and yours without all the squinting! Give Jack and Holly a hug from me!

~Jenny..you always make me smile! Looking forward to all your narratives and tales!
Hugs~

~Claudia...thank goodness for FB but I must admit posts fill in the empty spaces! Stay warm dear friend!
Hugs~

~Kathy...I must admit I love his Kindle too! It is sooo exciting with new grandbabies on the horizon!
I'll be looking for your fresh snow posts!
Hugs~

~Kathi...oh it's so lovely to hear from you! Yes life goes on sometimes even when we'd like someone to stop the spinning if just for a moment or two. Give Norman a hug for me he is such a sweet pup!~

~Francine...Hi, thanks for stopping in and I am looking forward to catching up on all your postings! I love the wordsmith in you!
Hugs~

Empty Nester said...

I'm just thrilled to see you back! And what a great post to come back with! Such grand news and the pictures of your family are wonderful! I didn't even mind the NC State outfit--Tar heel here---too much. LOL Your family is so happy! I can't wait to see pictures of the new twins!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Oh it's so nice to see you back here with such exciting news to post about - so many lovely babies in your life just now and to come. I've been bemoaning the fact that I don't have a baby anymore. My three youngest grandbabies all turn three this year. 2013 will be such an exciting year for your family. I'm glad you're going to be able to share it with your fans.

Barbara F. said...

Welcome back! I see all your old friends have already welcomed you back! Congrats on the new grandchildren. More blessings coming your way. You look so young with darker hair! xo

Erin H. said...

Yay! Such exciting times! Love you! :-)

Life 101 said...

It's great having you back Sush. We've missed you.
I LOVE Erin and Scott's new house. It looks like home.
Rick

Sush said...

~Pam...thanks for the love! We are basically a house divided although my heart first and always belongs to LSU. Two of our boys went to UNC and two went to NCSU! We have a love fest during any ACC championships, lol!
Hugs~

~Pat...wow three grandbabies all turning 3! Those cousins will be very close friends ;)!

~Barbara...Thanks for thinking I look young, however the wrinkles prove I'm no Spring chicken! ;).

~Erin...you know how much I love you and to have you a few minutes away makes life so much richer!

~Hi Rick, lovely to have you drop in! They did score with that really pretty house, and they love that's in it makes it such a wonderful HOME! Hugs~

karen said...

I don't know how I missed this post, Sush! So glad to see you and your lovely family back in our blogging world. You're so lucky to have some grands living close by. I miss mine a lot. We, too, will have a new one this year in July!

Rosemary Nickerson said...

Hurrah! She's back!!! I'm excited for you too--twins. You won't have a moment to blog once the new ones arrive. A Grannie's work is never done.
Rosemary

Ellie said...

Hi Sush nice to see you back :)) I've missed reading your posts.
Great news about the twins - that is so exciting. Imagine having two at one time, phew!!!!
All of your grandkids are looking great and so cute.
My news is that I am going to be a granny for the first time this year. I am so excited - I can hardly wait. :))

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Congratulations to Lauren and Daniel!!!

Sush said...

~Karen, Congratulations on the new baby! July will be a great month to celebrate babies! Two of my sisters were born in July...one in the beginning one on the very last day of the month! I know I'll be burning up the road to visit the twins!
Hugs~

Rosemary, so you just enjoy yourself plotsing around on the boat! I'll be here in the frozen tundra dreaming of the lapping waves on the side of a boat! Seriously glad you are having fun..Hugs!

~Ellie, you are going to be in heaven with that new baby. I know it's one of those things everyone says, but it REALLY is true, there is nothing that can compete with a grandchild...nothing! Hugs~

~Keith...thanks so much for visiting, hope to see you often and I'm looking forward to visiting your blog as well!
Hugs~

Life 101 said...

BTW, how does your team look for next year? I have a feeling we'll be losing a lot of key players.

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Sush, WELCOME back! We have missed you. And congratulations on the new g-babies to come. :)

blessing to you - and have a great weekend.