Friday, February 8, 2013

Perfect Timing

Good thing we got the bedroom and bath finished when we did. My date for the last 41 plus years had to have eye surgery a week ago. The Dr found more than what he bargained for (Dr and patient) and ended up having to put an air bubble in my love's eye to help it heal correctly. What this does is make the patient have to lie down on the opposite side of the surgery. The Dr related it to a carpenter's level, you must keep the bubble floating over the eye to help it act like a bandaid. THREE days of lying 45 minutes on his side, FLAT...no pillow and 15 minutes to get up and stretch and take care of 'necessities'.

Whew...for a man that never sits still it was a looonggg three days, for his wife it was  a verrrry long three days. I hate when it's my honey that has to have surgery. I worry more than if it was myself. I'm always relieved when the Dr returns with a smile. My heart starts beating again, or so it always seems.
It was a blessing that we were able to do the surgery when we did. My guy is in between jobs right now. He starts working for a new company in a few weeks, so we were able to take advantage of the break for his medical repairs. He made the rounds of Dr's and is now on the mend and has a clean bill of health. Amen and thank you to the Lord for all our blessings. 

We also are hoping to do some traveling in the not to distant future. Road trips abound. We hope to head on down to Charleston and then across the deep South to visit family. I'll fill you in when it's all a lovely memory!

I had planned to be catching up with all we had done previously while my computer was brain dead. Instead I had another break taking care of the wonderful man I married.  Life has a funny way of rearranging our schedule. I think that's just the way...I'm sure you all find it the same.

Hugs and 
Loves~Loves~Loves~

16 comments:

Lyndylou said...

OMG what a nightmare having to lie down for so long! I would have been bored to tears. Glad it all went well though and you have one less thing to worry about :) x

Sush said...

Lynne, I would never complain nor would my husband when we know what you do every day. You are an inspiration for love and patience and endurance!
Hugs~

Jennifer Hoppins said...

I'm so thankful that he's all recovered now. I love how you expressed the feeling of a suspended state of being when our loved ones are suffering. When they are recovered, our hearts start beating again. Have a wonderful road trip, I'm sure it will be absolutely great!

Shelly said...

So glad that it's done and everything is well again. I can't imagine being flat for 45 min. out of every hour...what an exercise in patience.

Your upcoming travels sound wonderful- loveliness all the way around!

xo

Shady Del Knight said...

You're right, dear Sush. If your steady date needed this surgery the timing was perfect. Your description of the procedure makes me utter Thisisme's "EEEK!" I am very sorry your man had to endure all that discomfort and down time but very relieved to know that he's AOK and on the way to a full recovery. Loves and hugs to you, dear friend, and have a great weekend!

Kathi said...

So glad your man is on the mend now. I bet those three days felt like a week! Being there for each other is what it's all about and you two do it so well! Blessings on your day today!

yaya said...

I'm glad all went well. Your eyes are nothing to mess with! A good friend had to do that for 3wks! Enjoy the time off and good luck with his new job!

Sweet Tea said...

Poor guy - guess that meant he had to eat during his scheduled 15 min breaks too. That's me, always thinking about food! So thankful your love is officially "recovered"...Enjoy your travels, then come back and tell us all about it when you can.

thisisme said...

Hi my lovely friend. That must have been such an awful time for your love to have to stay still for such a long time (and you as well, of course!!). I thank the Lord that he now has a clean bill of health, and I envy you your road trips. Have a wonderful time, and STAY SAFE. Au Revoir for now. Big hugs.

Claudia Moser said...

Happy to hearyour husband is safe! And keep us posted with the travel plans!

karen said...

Hi Sush - I'm glad all is well. You don't want to take any chances with your eyes. Sounds like you were well watched over and blessed, as the timing was perfect! Have fun visiting your family.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Sush,

Good to hear that all is ok now.

I hope that you have a lovely weekend.
I am glad that you are back blogging, I missed you.


X Fiona

Empty Nester said...

You're coming here? How long will you be here? So glad the surgery went well. I don't think I'd be able to tolerate that whole lie still thing.

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Bless your heart - sorry about hubby's recent ordeal, but glad it turned out well.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Rosemary Nickerson said...

HAppy to hear things worked out for the better. Eye surgery is so delicate and needs such intense post-op care. I liked your reference to your date for the past 41 years...cute.
Rosemary

Rick Watson said...

I'm glad things worked out for hubby. Getting sick is not for wusses.
Y'all take care. BTW, how does your team look this year? I still don't know what our team will be like this year. Spring training will give all us college football lovers a chance to size our teams up.