Thursday, March 21, 2013

Photo Dump - Part I

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum...Well not really the forum, just the road of life. Remember all the way back to the beginning of last summer when I explained my desire to take a blogging break? Well I did just what I had hoped to do. I spent my days filled visiting, playing and caring for my family. 

I filled you in on some of what we were doing last summer...when my old computer was still trudging along. I choose to not be redundant but you are welcome to peruse the few posts from last summer to your hearts content!

I'll do my best to 'dump' the pictures in some semblance of order but my brain doesn't always run in order these days. I am going to try to clump them together and very likely will break this up into several  or at least two posts. That last one was asking quite a bit of everyone to scroll through!

First up:
Trey had started back to school:
Lily had her birthday:
Princesses are a very big part of her three year old world...

Then it was time for Trey to celebrate his birthday...EIGHT YEARS OLD! Whoa, time flies when we are having fun!

Last summer we went to the beach the week after Labor Day. The beach was less crowded but the surf and sand still full of sunshine and warmth. We even found some turtle nests hatching! It was a great time...anytime our family can gather together at Holden Beach is golden! With the beginning of school already on the books for Trey, he and his family were only able to stay for the first part of the week.
Trey and Lily celebrated their birthdays with the entire family while we were at the beach! Kate and Grace seemed enthralled with each other!

Kate loved sitting outside on the deck feeling the summer breeze!

Pop and Tim were enjoying Kate's smile and the breeze out on the deck where Tim and his family were staying. 
Lily was excited to show everyone where she was staying...the Cinderella outfit was a birthday gift from Aunt Erin and Uncle Scott. I heard bribes were made to get her to change out of her princess gown!

Grace was quite the beauty on the beach...
Her Mom and Dad were post card ready...
Lots of sunbathing...



More visiting between the two houses...

More cousin photos...Kate and Grace sporting monogrammed outfits!
Lily...the ruler of the pack (of the girls)...
I had my toes in the water and yes, you know where the rest of me was...

Sun kissed dinners at the beach bar!

And it was time to pack up and head home. Tonight we are making plans for this summer's beach trip! What mischief can we come up with this year???

Loves~Loves~Loves~

14 comments:

thisisme said...

How absolutely spiffing to see you here again today my friend. Surely I can't be the first one to leave a comment?! I love the photo of Grace looking at Kate, and I just know that Lily and Ruby would get on like a house on fire. They could parade around being princesses to their hearts content! LOL!! Always good to see your family photos. We really are blessed, don't you think?! Hudson Beach looks lovely. I don't know whether Glenda is on your blog roll, but she spends a lot of time at Hudson Beach, or at least I'm sure I've got that right! Hugs to you dear Sush. Take care.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Sush! It's delightful to see the youngest members of your family growing and changing as you periodically post new pictures of them. Lily certainly does look like a princess and Kate and Grace are adorable. The picture of all five kids together is priceless and will be treasured by your family for eons to come. I hope Trey is enjoying his school year. I was also happy to see new pics of your own sons and your lovely, designing daughter. Have a wonderful Thursday and a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Sush!

Bouncin Barb said...

Your family is just beautiful. Did you say Holden Beach as in NC? I lived right up the road on the boarder for 2 years. Darn..we could have met! :-(

Bouncin Barb said...

Your family is just beautiful. Did you say Holden Beach as in NC? I lived right up the road on the boarder for 2 years. Darn..we could have met! :-(

Shelly said...

What a gorgeous family you have, and how big those beautiful babies have gotten!

Love and hugs to you, my sweet friend!

Claudia Moser said...

Your granddaughters are so cute, all of them are little darlings!

yaya said...

What a fun time and I love the beach shots..probably because I'm sick of snow and gloom here! Your Grandkiddos are the cutest and those babies have adorable smiles! Have fun planning the next trip. Summer will be here before we know it...I hope! Have a great weekend!

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Well, of course you would want to spend more time with all these delightful folks. :)

I only wish I knew how to post pictures as well as you do.

Rick Watson said...

What can be better than a photographic record :)
You do good work Sush.
R

Laurie said...

such a lovely family and looks like the perfect holiday!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Sush

What fantastic photos
such gorgeous children!

I am going away this week and so before I go
I want to wish you and your family a very Happy Easter.

I hope that it will be a peaceful and joyous time for all of you.

Take care

x Fiona

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love your 'photo dump' blog. What a nice way to review your life in past months. You have such beautiful babies! How good is life!!!

Sweet Tea said...

It sounds (and looks) like a "golden" year. What great times you had "livin' life" on your blogging break. Your family is beautiful and it's great that you can all spend time together. Love the photos!!

Sush said...

Debbie...It has been a very lovely year...not without ups and downs but we survived unscathed. Getting together with family is what keeps me putting one foot in front of the other most days...love all the posts of your sweet newest 'bebe doll'! Hugs~