Thursday, June 20, 2013

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS

Hard to think of another word that describes the wonderful feeling of being a grandmother...again...and for the first time...to twins! I've been invited to come for a visit now that these beautiful babies are home with their wonderful Mom and Dad. It is pure heaven. I hope you enjoy this post, because I have a feeling it may be a bit before I'm able to get another one in...

From my experience as a Mom and the immediacy of maternal love that is like no other, I'm used to the overwhelming love that comes with Motherhood. I am also quite familiar to the joys of being a Grandmother. Friends who claimed that title before me used to always say, "Oh, you just wait, there is nothing quite like it!" And right they were. But take those feelings of love and joy and happiness when you see your children with their child and when you first hold those wee little grand babies in your arms, then DOUBLE  that. It just might begin to describe how wonderful this experience has been.

The proud parents took this adorable picture of Abby and George soon before they were to leave the NICU and bring them home. I just love how bundled they are...they call them 'Burrito Babies' when they have them all swaddled up! I'd say that is an apt description!
It's like they are looking at each other and saying, "Hey, where have you been"?
These two beautiful babies are just one lovely surprise after another. And they each already have their very own personalities and characteristics...

Abigail born two minutes before her brother George is large and in charge. Actually she does weigh a tad more than George, now up to six pounds even, but I have a feeling even if she weighed less she'd have no problem ruling this new family. She is a very content wee one, but don't leave her with a wet or dirty diaper for any time because she will let you know in spades she IS NOT HAVING IT! She also knows when she's had enough to eat. No persuading is going to make a difference. For all that she knows what she wants she is also a cuddle bug and smiler and well if you pardon a Gramma's unabashed pride, perfectly darling bebe.

I've been having way too much fun snaping photos with my cell phone. I can't control myself..

Once I found out what names had been given to my newest grandchildren, I ran right out and purchased a 'Beanie Baby' size Abbycadaby for our Abby. She's not much bigger than the Beanie Baby Abbycadaby...

Now for George...darling, precious, sweet as could be. He waited patiently for Abby to enter the world first, and then two minutes later we were blessed with this melt your heart the first time you lay eyes on him bebe! George is a heavy weight at almost four and a half pounds. He is mighty in his tinyness! Patient and calm he rarely raises a ruckus. I think he gets most frustrated at how long it takes us to get his little person in his diaper and clothes. I think the smaller they are the harder it is...truly! But once we have him dressed and bundled he is a very contented fellow. Sometimes as I struggle getting him into his little sleeper I can hear my Mom saying, "You were the one that always took the dolls arm out of the socket to get them dressed"! I promise you George, Sush will never do that with you!

Not wanting to leave him out of the plush toy namesake collection, I found his partner in crime...his first 'Curious George'. It might be a while before he is dragging him around...but George, do you like your new friend? Oh yes...SCORE and TOUCHDOWN!
We are learning how to double team it with twin bebes...it's quite amusing sometimes...
I am indeed a very happy Sush, All Over Again. Each grandbebe brings a joy and fulfillment to my heart that is uniquely their own. Snuggles with Abby or with
George...
I am having the time of my life. I am indeed one happy, blessed woman.  What do you think George...worthy of a 'High Five'?
Oh don't you KNOW it?
Loves~Loves~Loves~

18 comments:

Munir said...

Welcome Abbey and Welcome George. May God bless you and your family.
Congrats to happy grandma !

Shelly said...

What glorious and beautiful additions to this world Abby and George are! You are fully justified because they are captivating. The only thing better than looking at your pictures and reading your wonderful description would be to actually hold them, but since we can't, give them a little squeeze for me!

Ellie said...

Oh congratulations - the two wee new babies are just totally gorgeous. It is so wonderful isn't it? Have lots of fun with them. :))

Shady Del Knight said...

Your happiness is indeed mine, dear Sush! Like John Ettline I never had a child of my own, and yet I can imagine by means of your words and pictures the experience - body, mind and spirit - of holding those two precious bebes in your arms. It was very polite of George to say "Ladies first" and allow his sister to come into the world before he made his grand entrance. I am relieved to know that, although premature, they progressed normally and were able to come home. Before you know it Abby and George will be posing for group shots with Trey, Peter, Lily, Kate, Grace and the rest of your delightful family. I want this joy for you, dear Sush. You richly deserve it.

thisisme said...

Oh my dear Sush, your happiness is just leaping off the page, and I can feel it all the way over here in Devon, England!!! I agree with Shelly, could you just give them a little hug for me as well. There really is nothing so wonderful as a new baby in the family - a real miracle - and you have double all that joy and love in little Abigail and George. Love the little toys you RAN out and bought for them. I can just imagine you RUNNING into the toy shop, trying to contain all your excitement. The photo just before they left the hospital is wonderful, and I just adore little Abigail's hat in that photo! Gosh, like you, I would be snapping away all the time with my mobile phone, trying to capture every little move! We're all thrilled for you my friend. How special that you are able to spend all this time with them! Hugs.

Kathi said...

Your love and joy just oozes out of this post and jumps right into our hearts!! It is so wondrous that you can already see those distinct personalities! Oh drink it all up sweet gramma! So happy for you!

Busy Little Chicken said...

Congratulations to you all!! Such lovely photos! They look so tiny, but sooo cute :) Busy times ahead, I should imagine! :)

Barbara F. said...

They are so precious, Sush, enjoy every minute! xo

Janie Junebug said...

I love the way you write about them. You are so open with your adoration, and that's as it should be.

Love,
Janie

yaya said...

Oh my...twice is sooo nice! They are adorable Sush! Abby and George..love it! How fun to have their very own toys too. I know how you feel about the Grands...parenting at it's best! Love 'em and then leave 'em to come back and love 'em some more! When they are big enough to grab you and tell you how much they love you...well, it's a heart stopper for sure! Enjoy them and keep taking the pics..so cute. I love George's little ear in that shot..just a tiny elflike ear! Dang, they're sweet!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Awww, congratulations on the beautiful baby! Awww, congratulations on the beautiful baby! Doubly wonderful.

Pearl said...

Oh, how wonderful!! Congratulations on twice the love!!

Pearl

Rick Watson said...

Those are beautiful babies. We've never had twins in our family. You must be beyond proud.

Katie Clooney said...

These babies are so beautiful! How fun to be a young grandma and able to enjoy them. Looking forward to many more pics!!

Jennifer Hoppins said...

AWWW! They are the sweetest little babies I've ever seen! Once I was a nanny for a family with premie twins. Those early months are so sacred and precious.

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

Sush, You are just Double-blessed! :)

Sweet Tea said...

How have I missed seeing this beautiful post for so long?? Congratulations on the birth of these sweet, beautiful babies!! You are doubly blessed. I hope all is going well. Surely more photos will follow. God bless this sweet family!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan

I am ever so late with my visit, but what wonderful news! Your excitement is all over the page and I can see from the time that has elapsed since this last post, you are totally engrossed with getting to know these two absolutey beautiful, precious little souls! Congratulations to all and may their lives be rich with love.

My apologies for only responding now to your lovely message left quite some time ago on Linda's FB page. I blush with embarrassment at my tardiness, but I just don't know what happens to time anymore. It gallops away from me these days, as I know it surely must for you, too!

This brings you much love till next time!

Desiree (aka Driftwood Ramblings) xx